Battlefront Republic Commando v1.6

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Re: Battlefront Republic Commando

Post by Deviss »

DarkFire wrote:How do you download, I see no download link? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.
because the next reason :) ....
Anakin wrote:The download will be down until tomorrow (german time). My dropbox got too much traffic and i just got the autorisation of my moddb mod. So i'll upload it there tomorrow.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Deviss wrote:
DarkFire wrote:How do you download, I see no download link? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.
because the next reason :) ....
Anakin wrote:The download will be down until tomorrow (german time). My dropbox got too much traffic and i just got the autorisation of my moddb mod. So i'll upload it there tomorrow.
Thank you Deviss. @DarkFire: it was just the post above yours....

Download is now online on ModDB. Link updated on the first page
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by CommanderCody »

Thanks for this great mod :bowdown:
and btw Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr ;)
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Thank you ;)

*it's just snowing...*

==EDIT==
Generalfacu wrote:I have just a small problem. When I jump into the AT-TE, although I don't do it so much, the weapon icons are titanic.
I think i found the reason. I fixed and will have a look ingame if the problem is fixed. If there are other bugs/problems please tell me. I don't want to reupload one fix after the other.
DarkFire
Games I'm Playing :: SWBattlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DarkFire »

I do the install right and the menu changes, but when I get in game it is standard battlefront! please help!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Have you installed the 1.3 patch?? http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14483
Nedarb7
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Nedarb7 »

Can't wait to try this! :D

Release date was perfect! :p

-EDIT-
The mod isn't functioning on my computer that well. My main problems are with the hud, the others are probably because my computer simply can't handle the graphics (old computer). But going back to the hud, the only thing that actually works is the floating icons and reticule (haven't checked iron sights). Everything else looks like stock with some missing textures. I think the issue is due to my screen resolution though (1280 x 800), which made me think about the geonosis LUA you posted while working on the animations. This is what is seen there:

Code: Select all

local screenWidth, screenHeight = ScriptCB_GetScreenInfo()

ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\fpanimset.lvl")

if screenHeight == 1080 and screenWidth == 1920 then
      ReadDataFile("dc:HUD\\hud1920x1080.lvl")
      ReadDataFile("ingame.lvl")
      ReadDataFile("dc:HUD\\hudBmpKill.lvl")
   else
      ReadDataFile("dc:HUD\\hud1024x768.lvl")
      ReadDataFile("ingame.lvl")
   end

Code: Select all

if screenHeight == 1080 and screenWidth == 1920 then
      ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\1920x1080.lvl")
      ReadDataFile("dc:HUD\\hudTxtKill.lvl")
   else
      ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\1024x768.lvl")
   end
Since my resolution isn't 1920x1080, different lvl files are loaded and one isn't loaded at all. I'm thinking that those level files are missing some important things that make the hud function (basically just textures). I don't if this is the cause of the problem, and if anyone else is having the same issue with resolutions other than 1920x1080, but here is what it looks like ingame:
Hidden/Spoiler:
As you can see, the RC hud isn't there while the stock one is.

Maybe you can take reference from what Marth did in Unification: pastebin.com/QBUnzShY

-EDIT-
This isn't only a problem for me, and it looks like it is completely related to the resolution-set lvl files that are loaded: Video (no hud)

-EDIT-
Readme wrote:This Side Mod will also change your menu interface. If you don't like it you can remove it by deleting/renameing/replacing the rcm\data\_LVL_PC\shell\rc_interface_shell.lvl file.
Please notice that some features, such as the HUD, are onyl available on 1920x1080.
I didn't see that, my bad. But maybe you should do it by aspect ratio like Marth's code, that way more people can use the hud.
rc1207sev
Private Second Class
Projects :: SWRC Capital Supremacy
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF-SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: DolphinRepublic

Post by rc1207sev »

Hi is it possible you could upload the file as a .zip folder? My RAR extractor messes up my computer
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Strange. I use 1366x768 and the HUD works just fine. I mean I read the readme and was like, "Hmm, I guess I could change the resolution so I could see it." When I got in game, I forgot to change my normal resolution that I use, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference as the custom HUD still showed up for that resolution.
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

My HUD looks the same. Is that bad?
EDIT: Now that I see the screenshots, it is indeed bad :cry:
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

:( bf has a lot of streange resolutions and not just the stock once 1024x786, 1600x900, 1920x1080

The big problem are not the hud icons, most resolutions will go with the one from 1920x1080, the problem are the health and energy bar. On every resolution they are displayed a littlebit at an different position. And it looks terrible if the bars are not 100% at the excat positions. I need to have the correct position on 5th value after the ","

I see that this is realy bad for you but it would be a very hard work. You can try to rename the 1920x1080 files to 1024x786. Ot will not work for 4:3 monitors, but maybe it will work on your 16:9 monitor with lower resolution.
Please give me a feedback if this is working on any other resolution than 1920x1080. If so i'll add it to the V1.1.

If it is not working i'd need some experient modders for each resolution to make new ingame (the most important work) and floatingicon fix files.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

1366x768 seems to be working, Anakin. I'll confirm it as soon as I can, though, to be sure. I don't wish to give you false information.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

best way to find it out is the energy, run untill he cannot anymore. directly after he stops you should see the energybar again. if not it is out of the window. I had this for the health bar a while ago and it was really odd that the healthbar shows no health but i was still alive.

==EDIT==

i uploaded the new Version 1.1 to ModDB. Waiting for authorisation now. I already updated the download link on the frontpage. So have a look at modDB.

==EDIT==
it is now available on moddb

==EDIT==

V1.1 has an error. please wait for the authorisation of V1.2
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Battlefront Republic Commando v1.2

Post by Marth8880 »

So I just gave v1.2 a whirl. It was pretty interesting overall. Here's some things I noticed:

- Wrist Vibroblade shouldn't have that large of a push value for the dummy explosion. To stagger units, I've found that a Push value of 2.5 and a PushRadius value of 1.5 works perfectly. (Those are the values I use for Incinerate's explosion, which staggers enemy targets perfectly.) Additionally, I feel like either the weapon's fire animation start is delayed by like 0.35 seconds or the weapon has an InitialSalvoDelay of like 0.35. If anything, the InitialSalvoDelay should be like, 0.1 at most probably. Lastly, its ordnance ConeLength value should be significantly decreased, probably to 2.5, and its ConeAngle value should be no greater than 115.
- Electrostaff shouldn't have push values in the combo config - the constant pushing is really irritating. Try changing all of the Push values to 2.5; if it staggers targets, perfect, but elsewise, you should probably just set the values to 0.0 or comment them out.
- I really liked the new HUD, but the health bar's backdrop color should be darker. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/384 ... -bug-1.png
- The weapon ammo text should be white and its backdrop darkened.
- Each team's ticket count (reinforcements) text should have a dark backdrop.
- ACP Array Gun's fire sound should be louder.
- The load screen tip text backdrop texture should be somewhat darker.

That's all I have to report for now. I'll continue to test and provide feedback later.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Thank you for your report. I added some of the suggestion to my v1.3 ToDo-List.
Marth8880 wrote:So I just gave v1.2 a whirl. It was pretty interesting overall. Here's some things I noticed:

- Wrist Vibroblade shouldn't have that large of a push value for the dummy explosion. To stagger units, I've found that a Push value of 2.5 and a PushRadius value of 1.5 works perfectly. (Those are the values I use for Incinerate's explosion, which staggers enemy targets perfectly.) Additionally, I feel like either the weapon's fire animation start is delayed by like 0.35 seconds or the weapon has an InitialSalvoDelay of like 0.35. If anything, the InitialSalvoDelay should be like, 0.1 at most probably. Lastly, its ordnance ConeLength value should be significantly decreased, probably to 2.5, and its ConeAngle value should be no greater than 115.
I noticed that delay, too and it realy disturb me. When changing it, i'll have a look at the other values, too.
Marth8880 wrote: - Electrostaff shouldn't have push values in the combo config - the constant pushing is really irritating. Try changing all of the Push values to 2.5; if it staggers targets, perfect, but elsewise, you should probably just set the values to 0.0 or comment them out.
realy?? i took the default Darth Maul combo, and just added the smash combo to it, but i can have a look at it.
Marth8880 wrote: - I really liked the new HUD, but the health bar's backdrop color should be darker. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/384 ... -bug-1.png
Nope i won't change this. I like it the way it is. The health backdrop is as far as i know the same color as all white parts of the HUD, but it is maybe not that transparent
Marth8880 wrote: - ACP Array Gun's fire sound should be louder.
and the SBD fire sound, too ;)
Marth8880 wrote: - The load screen tip text backdrop texture should be somewhat darker.

That's all I have to report for now. I'll continue to test and provide feedback later.
maybe maybe not
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Anakin wrote:
Marth8880 wrote: - I really liked the new HUD, but the health bar's backdrop color should be darker. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/384 ... -bug-1.png
Nope i won't change this. I like it the way it is. The health backdrop is as far as i know the same color as all white parts of the HUD, but it is maybe not that transparent
I understand completely why you don't want to change it, but you need to do what Pandemic failed to do and begin to consider usability versus original design/visual style. Yes, RC's health backdrop is that color, but in SWBF2, you can't easily see your health without having to really look closely at the health bar. What you should actually do is make the health bar the same color as the bar in RC, so instead of making it light green, you should make it a very bright cyan/white just like in RC. I understand that you like it how it is, but from a graphic design perspective, that shade of desaturated green blends in way too well with that shade of grey, and as such, from a gameplay perspective, the player will have a difficult time quickly doing what should never be difficult in any video game ever: seeing how much health they have. In conclusion, design should always be the highest priority in any video game in almost all cases and you should try to make the effort to put player experience over that of your own. ;)

At the very end of the day, it's ultimately your decision to make, but if you want more players to actually *enjoy* playing your creation, you should take what I said into consideration at the very least. While developing MEU, I cannot begin to state the number of bad design choices that I chose and preferred over better ones. Thankfully, WULF helped force me to see how and why those design choices were bad and then he persuaded me to change them. With every single suggestion, every time I gave in to considering and applying the suggestion and actually tried it out, I preferred the change and kept it, realizing that it was for the better. :yes:
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

The healthbar in RC actually is green, but it's not at this position.
Hidden/Spoiler:
In RC it's the shild bar, and not the healtbar ;) but i decided to not make the healthbar the way it is in RC, because it's very short, and so you cannot see that detailed how much health you lost.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Right, and regardless, the "shield" bar's color should be changed to the aforementioned colors. :p
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

So your succession is to change the healthbar from green to cyan/white?? do you have an special rgb wish?? What should be the color if you have about 50% of the health left?? The healthbar has 3 colors
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Calm down, mofo! :lol:

It doesn't have to have three colors; it's easy to make it so it's only one!