Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Cleb wrote:The lack of a campaign and instant action are huge for me, because I don't really like playing online, especially in shooters. I much prefer playing single player.
I don't have any info about a campaign (though from rumors I hear there will at least be a "campaign" similar to the original SWBF), but this is straight from http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront
Fight for the Empire or Republic offline, solo or with a friend, in carefully crafted missions.
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Learning how to use 3DS Max
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CIV4 MC
xbox live or psn: ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙

Post by Cleb »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:I don't have any info about a campaign (though from rumors I hear there will at least be a "campaign" similar to the original SWBF), but this is straight from http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront
Fight for the Empire or Republic offline, solo or with a friend, in carefully crafted missions.
That makes me feel better, but I'm still worried. The offline they are talking about might mean those mini mission things they mentioned. I'm still preordering the game though.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Only based on what we know so far I hate the direction this game is going. I'm just not happy with where they're going.
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

Pretty much loving the whole Diet Dr. Pepper thing. I really question why there is no campaign though... I mean, Star Wars is almost all story based.. Instant action is a must for me to buy it, (anyone else here with Internet so laggy it causes wrinkles?). But other than that, the sounds, the graphics, and the animations seem to be on point.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

It's everything I hoped for. It has singleplayer, splitscreen, heroes, third-person and starfighter combat. The only thing I want that it doesn't appear to have is the Clone Wars era. But the game looks amazing anyway so I don't care. While the lack of a story campaign is quite disappointing, I never really played much of the previous ones anyway. I just want a customizable sandbox shooter game set in the star wars universe that I can play by myself or which friends and have the ability choose my perspective. And this game seems to accomplish that goal.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

They said jakku is going to be free during december and on. The pre order is just so you can play it earlier. Thats...surprizing considering I was expecting some serious milking. Im willing to bet thats still a possibility.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

JimmyAngler wrote:Pretty much loving the whole Diet Dr. Pepper thing. I really question why there is no campaign though... I mean, Star Wars is almost all story based.. Instant action is a must for me to buy it, (anyone else here with Internet so laggy it causes wrinkles?). But other than that, the sounds, the graphics, and the animations seem to be on point.
Because DICE is awful at campaigns. :P
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

But everyone loves the campaigns from BF3/BF4. They're so iconic.
Hidden/Spoiler:
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim

Post by CommanderCody »

To be honest, I saw the live presentation, read and ask on the Q&A with the producer on Twitter and cosumed every other news about the game.
Like the majority, I was hoping to see at least 5 minutes of pure gameplay. All we got was an 2 minute Game-Engine-Footage.

After all here are my Cons:
- No Campaign
- No Space-Battles (yeah, I enjoyed them)
- Lack of planets (I find it disturbing :wink: )
- only GCW

Also Pros:
- It's another Battlefront after almost 10 years!
- If the final game is looking like the game-engine-footage, I' ll be impressed
- Splitcreen for consoleros (Maybe I bought a console for this one)
- "Missions"-Mode: Maybe a new word for Instant-Action? I hope so :)
- Customizable Trooper layout: Maybe Skins too?

My Thought/Hopes:
- Trilogy planets like Bespin
- More mentioned planets like Sullust (i.a. Dantooine, Ord Mantell or Kessel)
- Maybe DLC with planets, vehicles, heroes etc. from the expanded universe/Legends

I know my expactations are high, but it will be a long way till release and who knows what there are hiding?
I personally don't believe they showed us for example every planet right now.
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

In developer tweets, they've said that those will be the only planets on launch. However, their will be 8 maps, with multiple per planet.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Not going to lie, I am really going to miss the clone wars :(
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

If this game will be able to modify then someone will definitely add a CW era. And probably space maps. I mean what if Battlefront I & II wouldn't be able to get modified then these games would probably lose the interest of the most players. In my opinion all the mods and maps made both games really star-warsish. Only CW and GCW on some planets would become boring after playing for a long time.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

thelegend wrote:If this game will be able to modify
Yeah it definitely won't be, so I wouldn't bother getting your hopes up.
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by plokoon761 »

i've literally had dreams about this game, and finally it's happening. it almost seems like customization ala elite squadron is in with the look of that rebel jump trooper. my FAVORITE era was clone wars so im bummed out they replaced 3 movies worth of lore with only one movie. and seriously? this isn't our first visit to sullust. it's not even our first sullust in a battlefront game. i honestly don't believe this game will have 10 years of replay value like battlefront 2 had for me, but at least this series aint dead
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Marth8880 wrote:
Hm...sounds sad to me. But what if...idk. I mean I don`t want to say this game will be bad. But I guess it might be cooler to add own stuff into the game. Or there's still one possible way: EA/Dice would make do this: Players who are able to create textures or models or maps or...just assets. Players who are able to do this can upload these files to them and the developers would add these assets as AddOns the player/s can download and use. Maybe through a simple program they use or something like that. Or...I don't know if they will do something like that. Isn't it üossible to just edit some files. Or to write a simple program that allows you to add/edit/change (for example) weapons, units or props? Similar to GTA Modding. Rockstar has never given to the players the ability to edit the stock characters or world files. But some people made it possible to do this. But I have no idea if it was legal or not. It's like changing the sides of an existing mod (in Bf2) to get their own sides.
But I don't want to say what they have to do. It`s their game. And If they don't want if it gets edited then it`s their decision. I respect that. But in my opinion it would be more interesting to be able to add their own wishes to a game with a fantastic game engine. I mean look at the trailer. Everything is just awesome. There's no more to add. And maybe there will be a Clone Wars DLC.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

plokoon761 wrote:my FAVORITE era was clone wars so im bummed out they replaced 3 movies worth of lore with only one movie.
I didn't realize the Original Trilogy was one film. Funny how the Battle of Hoth and Battle of Endor ended up in the same film. :u
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by plokoon761 »

replacing 1-3 with episode 7. thats what i meant. should have been obvious. Learn how to express yourself like an adult, please. -Staff
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

plokoon761 wrote:replacing 1-3 with episode 7

Well got some bad news for you, because the only episode 7 content is Jakku and it's set during the GCW. So technically we don't have episode 7. :u
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Learning how to use 3DS Max
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CIV4 MC
xbox live or psn: ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙

Post by Cleb »

Marth8880 wrote:
It's a shame they won't, because if they really wanted to make extra money like everyone says, they would release some sort of mod tools. I mean, I bought Battlefront I and II almost a freaking decade after it came out solely to mod. And it was still on the shelves at Target until about a year ago. Mods are truly what make games classics that survive longer than others.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Cleb wrote:
Marth8880 wrote:
It's a shame they won't, because if they really wanted to make extra money like everyone says, they would release some sort of mod tools. I mean, I bought Battlefront I and II almost a freaking decade after it came out solely to mod. And it was still on the shelves at Target until about a year ago. Mods are truly what make games classics that survive longer than others.
True, but business-wise they don't really want you to stick with the same game for 10 years. Companies want you to buy the newest game, then all the DLC, then move on the the next game. I know DICE has previously been very hands-off for modders, and I doubt that'll change. In fact, given how much more involved making content for games is in the current generation I wouldn't be surprised if official mod tools die out completely in the next few years. What one person could do 6-7 years ago now takes a team of 10 modders.