The HELLO / GOODBYE topic

If your posts do not relate to Star Wars post them here. Link to other sites should also have some information, no spam/virus sites.

Remember to read the rules and NO FORUM GAMES.

Moderator: Moderators

thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: The HELLO / GOODBYE topic

Post by thelegend »

Hey and welcome to Gametoast.com,
Nice to meet you :D
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: HearhStone+Fallout
xbox live or psn: Steam: Sean-Nada

Post by TikiXFIP »

Hello everyone after a little hiatus I finally have made my return to once more take the reigns of being GT's token Fallout fanboy/Nerd. In this time I have also gotten back into playing battlefront and Counter Strike GO(If anyone here likes cs:go please pm me or direct me to a forum to talk about it and possible play a couple rounds if you want). It feels good to be back and I look forward to being once again involved in the community :D
zwyx1234
Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Insurgency
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by zwyx1234 »

Hello eveyone, it has been a very long time since I was last here. I wonder if anyone remembers me...

My reason for visiting is because I had opened steam in WINE (I'm running a Linux operating system) and much to my surprise, I had SWBF2 installed. So I fire it up, and after disabling the silly steam overlay everything works flawlessly! I just takes roughly 5 minutes to load the game (this is a known issue, not my PC). But otherwise, SWBF2 works. Having modded the game in the past, I began to think about trying Mass Effect: Unification, and provided the mod tools co-operate, I might make some maps. Sadly, being on Linux I cannot (unless I felt ambitious enough to write blender to mesh exporter) export custom props/models, but I can re-texture everything.

So I will be around again. I'm going to download ME:U and the mod tools to see if I can get anything working. It will be nice to get back into SWBF2. The Dota 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive communities are down right awful, so I shall enjoy SWBF2 once again.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

This shall be quick. I am moving on the 4th and after my trip life will be about work and goals.

I wish I could have finished at least one of my farfetched ideas, but I always had low patience. I am very glad to have found swbf2 and the mod forums. It has been a very good experience and the people were always the best part. I never knew a simple ps2 game would have been my hobby for 6 years, I can't see myself spending so much time in any other game.

May the best happen for everyone and may any future battlefront projects work out well.
Hidden/Spoiler:
EA isn't going to give us much other than pretty colors so I feel it's our own task to keep extending the life of Battlefront 2.
Thanks and goodbye. :mrgreen:
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

All the best with your work and your goals anthony. Don't forget to make a little time for fun too, it's the only way you'll stay sane.
May the Force be with you.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

Good on you for making responsible decisions. Good luck on your journey!
elfie
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: no games
xbox live or psn: no live

Post by elfie »

obiboba3po wrote:Wow, it seems I've been gone for quite some time. I actually have a post on the very front of this thread, and didn't realize I would be leaving for several years.
After a long hiatus from playing Star Wars Battlefront II and exploring lots and lots of other games, this weekend I went home to pick up my copy and re-install. I re-found my love for the game and plan on contributing once again to this great community.
I got tired of the projects that I was working on several years ago and picked up other games such as Team Fortress 2. I do not plan on continuing my old projects and will perhaps start a new one.

I'm fairly certain few people will read this and I'll be sort of surprised if someone reads this and actually recognizes me, but I'll be here.

Hello for the second time, Gametoast!
I remember when you joined! Feels like ages ago. I've been gone for a while too - five or six years- though I occasionally browse around from time to time. I've moved on from modding to making games for steam.
ADudeWhoPlaysBFII

Post by ADudeWhoPlaysBFII »

Hello, I was very saddened by the shut-down of filefront and started looking online for the best place for anything regarding BFII modding and I found this gem of a site and community.

My name is ADudeWhoPlaysBFII and hope to have many fun times here with you guys!!! :D
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by jedimoose32 »

Welcome!
CosmoZombie
Games I'm Playing :: BF II SupCom FA

Post by CosmoZombie »

Hello, GameToast.
I've been hearing about you for a long time okay actually not that long only about a year and a half and I thought that I ought to finally come over here, join, and introduce myself.
I'm CosmoZombie, and I don't know how to make mods, but I love to play mods, and I love this community and the work that it has produced over the years. I visited for the first time today, after finally deciding to see what's so special.

I have to say that I love this community, and that I have been very saddened by what I've seen here in this thread.
But on a happy note, hello to what remains of this community, and I'm glad to see that some very big projects are in the works for Battlefront 2!

It's an honor to meet people who have been working with this craft, this art, since I was to wee a lad to even comprehend its existence. :bowdown:
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by jedimoose32 »

Hey GT.

This is less a "good-bye" and more a "got a few things to do, I'll be back shortly".

I have a lot of stuff to do in preparation for applying to engineering schools, so most of my spare time is going to be spent on that. This has already been the case for the past few weeks but I didn't like the idea of just going silent with absolutely no warning. If anyone wants to stay in touch I'll be on Steam (username is Fiat Lux, avatar is a little burst of purple sparks). I will definitely return to my mod project once I've submitted all my applications, hopefully sometime in November.

Happy modding, hopefully talk to you guys soon. :)
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Good luck with the application process, Moose. Hope it doesn't get too stressful.
ZaxusFett
Corporal
Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2_SWBF_SWRC

Post by ZaxusFett »

Hey guys it has been a while and I hope to get back into testing maps and all that good stuff again. I've missed you guys lol
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Hey TEST! Good to see you back!
ZaxusFett
Corporal
Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2_SWBF_SWRC

Post by ZaxusFett »

Hey I've been busy with college and my computer decided to take a dump so I lost everything and I finally got it fixed so I'm gonna try to be more active lol
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

jedimoose32 wrote:Hey GT.

This is less a "good-bye" and more a "got a few things to do, I'll be back shortly".

I have a lot of stuff to do in preparation for applying to engineering schools, so most of my spare time is going to be spent on that. This has already been the case for the past few weeks but I didn't like the idea of just going silent with absolutely no warning. If anyone wants to stay in touch I'll be on Steam (username is Fiat Lux, avatar is a little burst of purple sparks). I will definitely return to my mod project once I've submitted all my applications, hopefully sometime in November.

Happy modding, hopefully talk to you guys soon. :)
Good luck old chap!
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Hey guys!

After being without internet and cable since February (as I moved from Texas to Iowa), I'm finally back... and with a few surprises I might add.

My newborn daughter came into the world on September 22, 2015. Her name is Rebekah. Of course this had everyone around here quite busy, but I've also been quite busy in the months leading up to her being born. I have a LOT to catch up on. I'm still working on Designated Days with Icemember, but have only been able to provide ideas and concepts via my cell. I have a lot of projects to get back to working on. Along with my daughter, I'm also trying to find a job closer to home. I can't be far away from them, so a job in town is what I'm aiming for instead of going to Walmart almost 30 minutes out. I don't know how active I'll be, but I am glad, at the very least, that we have connections to everything back. I also have a mod project in my mind that I eventually want to get out there soon, so stay tuned for that. :) Glad to be back, guys.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

That's great to hear Revan! Good luck in finding a job.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

That is so sweet. Congratulations! Just make sure you both have some time to yourself, and together atleast once a week (or if you're not together wihch happens sometimes and is fine, you both have time with your significant other), it is important to make sure of that. x
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Welcome back and congratulations :D