New Force Awakens Trailer

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

New Force Awakens Trailer

Post by Kingpin »

Feast your eyes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE
Hidden/Spoiler:
Already bought my tickets, right before the Fandango crash.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: New Force Awakens Trailer

Post by Noobasaurus »

Ooohh, it looks so good! I probably won't be able to see it right away so somehow I'll have to avoid spoilers...somehow.

I really like how they've still got Han Solo in there, ad it makes me think that they'll have the other old characters as well.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Well, this trailer just pushed me from being mildly excited to having that giddy can't-wait feeling I remember from the months before each of the prequel movies came out. Interestingly, there are a lot of things about it that seem stylistically different from previous Star Wars movies. The shot of the Falcon entering hyperspace, for example (which looks really cool, by the way - that put a massive grin on my face).

The biggest thing to catch my eye...or ear...was the music. The opening bit was very different from anything else John Williams has written for Star Wars. Quite unusual to have piano feature that prominently. In every other score, it's been used more as a color instrument. Maybe the only exception is the Battle of Hoth sequence...although even there, it's used more for a percussive sound (starts at 4:00 in this video). The chord changes were also a little odd. I want to say they had an almost Spanish flair to them...although maybe that's just because they sound so similar to Spain's theme music from Civilization 5. Whatever it is, it's definitely not the Wagnerian opera sound we usually get. I wonder what inspired that portion of the music?
Hidden/Spoiler:
Also, Finn's face at the end. Oh man, is that the face of someone who knows that the you-know-what is about to hit the fan!
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

WHAT THE Diet Dr. Pepper IS THE PLOT OF THIS MOVIE?

I'm guessing the empire won, and I like that, Hamill brings balance to the force, but destroying two planet-sized ships doesn't stop the empire, it also makes things a bit of an alternative timeline if that is the case, You'd have this the empire victory timeline, and the alliance victory time-line which is what this movie replaces, and I'm 100% okay with that. I Didn't expect to be.

But if they're not using any of the legends stuff, I'm okay with that, I'm okay with them veering off in another path, but already I can see good acting, good soildering good fighting, good design so I'm not scared.

But yeah, should I buy into the 3D thing and go see it a midnight, or should I wait until the next day and 2D it?

Love the Piano music, I mean each trillogy did something different with the music, Like with 1-3 it's was coral and strings, with 4-6 it was wind and drums, with this it seems to be piano and echo, hell if they wanted to bring in some metal I'd be cool with that TBH, it's Williams and I have no fear for his tallent.

Also I can totally see the civil war dragging on like this, the wars of the roses did go for almost 70 years.

Total prediction here, but Luke brought balance to the force right? And he turned like grey? Kylo and Finn are like the first Jedi/sith for 30 years, OR Kylo is one of the emperor's lacklies and severs the supreme leader guy...

Seriosuly though, I need answers, so phyked!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Just saw the trailer an other time. And at 1.33 where you can see R2D2, is it possible that the guy next to him is Luke?? He has that mechanic hand.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ARC1778 »

Anakin wrote:Just saw the trailer an other time. And at 1.33 where you can see R2D2, is it possible that the guy next to him is Luke?? He has that mechanic hand.

I am 90% sure he' going to be the Yoda of this trilogy, and Finn will be sent to him in the latter half of the movie, question is, WHERE IS C3PO? :funny2:
Chadaface
Private

Post by Chadaface »

bought tickets for a screening the night before a heat transfer exam

fudge me.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ARC1778 »

Chadaface wrote:bought tickets for a screening the night before a heat transfer exam

fudge me.

Who the hell would put an exam on the same week as the force awakens. This is sexist!*

(*This is a joke on the fact when the third twilight film came out all the school exams in england were moved by a week because a quarter of the student bunked off to see the second one)

PREDICTION: Fin's last name will be calrisian, they have the same, nose and well spaced eyes, which I think i kinda Diet Dr. Pepper cute (Although Finn is a not quite as sexy) both seem to have the same witty personality. And I doubt he is a skywalker, as I have never seen a black person on tattoine, I might well be wrong and there's no reason why a child with a distant dark-skinned ancestor can't have that skin tone, it has happened before, and this is based mostly on Boygea (Sp.?) Off-screen antics than anything else, but yeah, calling it. :funny2:
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

ARC1778 wrote: PREDICTION: Fin's last name will be calrisian, they have the same, nose and well spaced eyes, which I think i kinda Diet Dr. Pepper cute (Although Finn is a not quite as sexy) both seem to have the same witty personality. And I doubt he is a skywalker, as I have never seen a black person on tattoine, I might well be wrong and there's no reason why a child with a distant dark-skinned ancestor can't have that skin tone, it has happened before, and this is based mostly on Boygea (Sp.?) Off-screen antics than anything else, but yeah, calling it. :funny2:
Maybe we are just getting an African American main character? I don't think it is that big of a deal...
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Kingpin wrote:Maybe we are just getting an African American main character? I don't think it is that big of a deal...

Kingpin wrote:African American
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Off-topic: John Boyega is in Star Wars: Episode VII. VII is Roman numerals for 7. John Boyega has 2 siblings and 2 parents. 2 + 2 = 4. 7 - 4 = 3. 3 is the number of sides in a triangle so that leads to the conclusion that... John Boyega is illuminate confirmed?
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ARC1778 »

Kingpin wrote:
ARC1778 wrote: PREDICTION: Fin's last name will be calrisian, they have the same, nose and well spaced eyes, which I think i kinda Diet Dr. Pepper cute (Although Finn is a not quite as sexy) both seem to have the same witty personality. And I doubt he is a skywalker, as I have never seen a black person on tattoine, I might well be wrong and there's no reason why a child with a distant dark-skinned ancestor can't have that skin tone, it has happened before, and this is based mostly on Boygea (Sp.?) Off-screen antics than anything else, but yeah, calling it. :funny2:
Maybe we are just getting an African American main character? I don't think it is that big of a deal...
Would love to know who the African American who we've heard nothing about staring is then, :funny2: but yeah, they have similar facial features to one another, close enough to be related in hollywood terms.

Skywalker or not, Callrissian or not, he's a fine actor, and it's nice to have a non-white as lead, star wars isn't ethnically diverse when it come to humans, seriously where are the asians and first nations? We have a man who part maori, but otherwise, unless I'm mistaken very few of them around. Honestly surpised that they're aren't new races of humans we've never seen before in SW.

But I want a swarve Billy Dee Williams, but that said, if John is supposed to be his son, wouldn't han know that already?z
Marth8880 wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Off-topic: John Boyega is in Star Wars: Episode VII. VII is Roman numerals for 7. John Boyega has 2 siblings and 2 parents. 2 + 2 = 4. 7 - 4 = 3. 3 is the number of sides in a triangle so that leads to the conclusion that... John Boyega is illuminate confirmed?

NO! You're wrong!

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

ARC1778 wrote: But I want a swarve Billy Dee Williams, but that said, if John is supposed to be his son, wouldn't han know that already?
Could be that Leia had an affair with Lando without the notice of Han. I think that Han and Leia are separated, as Leia was not on the falcon at all during the trailers. Maybe Han didn't even know Finn existed.
THEWULFMAN wrote:
Kingpin wrote:African American
My mistake, I assumed that John Boyega was American due to his voice in the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE#t=38s