Addon for more Fake Console functions

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Addon for more Fake Console functions

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Hello I would like to share a pretty small mod that can add some new buttons/functions to the Fake Console menu.
First, you need to the 1.3 patch to even have Fake Console.

Most of these are meant to target the default game and default maps, but some can be used globally on any mods/maps.

There will be about 60+ total new functions, some will globally work on all mods/maps, some will work on default sides/teams and some will just target and manipulate objects and things in stock maps, to name a few:

Some maps won't have any of their own functions or buttons, I couldn't think of anything to do in those maps but I will update this thread in the future if I do.

Unlock/Lock all doors in maps such as Death Star, Polis Massa, Tantive, Mustafar, and Kamino (2 separate buttons)
Force cockpit view for ground vehicles + force back into 3rd person view for ground vehicles (2 separate buttons)
Force 1st person view for jedi class heroes + force back into 3rd person view (2 separate buttons)
Keep dead bodies on the map - bug - after too many bodies humans and bots will not be able to respawn
Make the auto-turrets in Hoth CTF/Hunt shoot at both teams
Set the Gamorreans as the hero class on Jabba's Palace

There is too many to write here or even remember so I will stop listing them, instead have some screenshots:
http://prntscr.com/96atql
http://prntscr.com/96atuv
http://prntscr.com/96atz3
http://prntscr.com/96au45

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5y7sr ... n+addon.7z
File is archived with 7zip, a free file compressor.

Readme/Credits/Install:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Add more options to Fake Console by AnthonyBF2 version 1 release 10-23-2015
First you'll need 1.3 patch with Fake Console or this mod will not work
To install this mod, put this file user_script_11.lvl in the folder "_LVL_PC"
If you already have a file named user_script_11.lvl you need to remove that file or to use both files, do this:

1) rename my file from this download to a different number (etc: user_script_15.lvl)
2) open my file from this download in hex editor, at the top of the file/script look for text user_script_11 and change the number to reflect
what ever you renamed the actual file

Uninstall: delete this file from your _LVL_PC folder

Credits:
Zerted for creating 1.3 patch and fake console
Razac for the two functions: keeping dead bodies on the map and making land mines hostile to the user
Gametoast for modding tutorials
Lucasarts for the best game ever

Possible bugs: this file may conflict with skin changer mod, preventing either those commands or my commands to not be loaded in fake console menu
EDIT: I found my source script for this mod now since I organized some stuff on my hard drives. Better version coming soon.
Last edited by AnthonyBF2 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Addon for more Fake Console functions

Post by Anakin »

Very nice. I'll try all these new commands :D
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

This is amazing.

Learned how to hex-edit a bit too!

EDIT
anthonybf2 wrote:Possible bugs: this file may conflict with skin changer mod, preventing either those commands or my commands to not be loaded in fake console menu[/hide]
:(

I find your lack of Skin Changer support...disturbing.

Edit: Is this the final version?
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

This seems like a cool addon to the Fake Console, hopefully all the new adding will work and not crash my game. Have all these functions been tested to ensure no crashing?
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:This seems like a cool addon to the Fake Console, hopefully all the new adding will work and not crash my game. Have all these functions been tested to ensure no crashing?
No crashes on stock maps. Modded maps though,are something entirely different as some work with this mod and some just crash the game.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

This is not a final release. I will add onto it when I think of, or find things worth manipulating :P

Some commands will crash on mod maps and stock maps randomly, I don't know why. I know Hoth and Space GCW maps don't like some commands.

All functions are tested to work, if they didn't work at all I didn't add them in.

Most functions are things I goofed off with in the past and said to myself, "I like this" or "This is funny" such as locking all the doors in Tantive and watching the bots fumble around in the hallways, or Killing the flag every time a human in my MP session picks it up :P
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Could you possibly fix the Skin Changer bug? Even if I change the user_script to another number than 11 (File name has been changed,and hex-edited to that number) it still loads only 1 of 2 sets of commands. (Skin Changer or your mod's)
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:Could you possibly fix the Skin Changer bug? Even if I change the user_script to another number than 11 (File name has been changed,and hex-edited to that number) it still loads only 1 of 2 sets of commands. (Skin Changer or your mod's)
I think my mod and the owner of that skin changer mod uses a similar scripting method to load commands into Fake Console. I never completely solved this because I took a several month hiatus from games, and only recently got re-interested, but I did think I had a fix solved but forgot what I did.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Owner is CommanderAwesome,search the Skin Changer mod on ModDB if you have a question about having both work.

Q: Why not GameToast? A:He is more online there.

EDIT
Also 1st Person Jedi needs some work. Attacking with the saber just makes the lightsaber go at random directions and you can't see yourself do Force Powers.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

That is because there is no first person models or animations for jedi.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Well,then what is the reason for that command? Not to be rude,it is a cool command but I don't think people will be using it that much.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

The other question I have would be along the lines of what Maom said which would be if I use the be commands with the skin changer mod, will it automatically crash my game?
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

It won't work. It is either the Skin Changer or this mod's commands.

EDIT
You actually can get both scripts (by hex-editing) to work,but one will function...until AnthonyBF2 releases an updated version or a patch.

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff

Sorry,won't happen again,GameToast Staff.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Now that I downloaded the additional Fake Console Commands, I tried a majority of them out and they are all working fine so far, no crashes on any of the stock maps. I still need to try a couple of these on the mod maps to see if I yield any results. Very nice job Anthony, really like these new commands, especially the unlimited ammo one.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Yeah, it is a large improvement from the one in the Fake Console.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:Now that I downloaded the additional Fake Console Commands, I tried a majority of them out and they are all working fine so far, no crashes on any of the stock maps. I still need to try a couple of these on the mod maps to see if I yield any results. Very nice job Anthony, really like these new commands, especially the unlimited ammo one.
Unlimited ammo one was one of my favorites. It works online for all players (the host has to activate it of course, it's not client-sided)
But how ever this won't work in every map.

It works by making every ammo droid use "mapbounds" (a huge region covering the world) as a ammo dispense area making everyone always in the region receive more ammo at all times. In the maps where it don't work, it is because the region doesn't cover the playable areas.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Right, thanks for telling me that some to most of these are compatible with online play, I will definitely have to try these commands out later on today if I got the time. Are you going to be adding more commands to the Fake Console when you think of more or will you just be keeping the commands but fixing the problems with the current version that has been released?
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Ι believe he will do both.
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Isaac1138 »

You should also include Infinite heath because I can't ever make my mind
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Hey that sounds like a cool idea. Could save us some time too. (Example: I made a playlist of maps. -Felucia,Mygeeto,Mos Eisley- I played on Felucia with the Health cheat but on Mygeeto I do not want it but I also don't want to leave the game to disable the cheat. - This is where the command would help)