Jakku: Salt Flats

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

RubikPanda
Private
Projects :: Jakku Salt Flats
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Jakku: Salt Flats

Post by RubikPanda »

Thank you for sending these links :)
My eyes lit up when I saw the junk topic, shame the download link doesn't work

EDIT
Used some of Rends' Mos Eisley assets to add more variety rather than just sand and stuff.

Screenshots so far:
Hidden/Spoiler:
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

Don't double post again,everyone knows it is against the rules.

Please do not junior moderate; it is against the RULES. -Staff
RubikPanda
Private
Projects :: Jakku Salt Flats
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by RubikPanda »

Extremely sorry, I carelessly posted it without thinking, wanted to get the screenshots up and forgot I was the last poster.
Won't ever happen again
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

Looking really good so far-- you're on your way to a great inaugural version of Jakku!
AddieB
Private Recruit
Projects :: Battlefront Reimagined
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by AddieB »

DL'ing now! Looks great from the screenshots! I hope greatly that this dude finishes this map! Nothing is more nail-bite inducing than waiting for a cool map like this to be done!
I figured out if you swap the "al.lvl" files from a custom standalone mod/map you can put it in either the stock game's sides or the BFX assets.. essentially taking the said Rebels models & weapons for that map/mod and putting them in whatever directory you chose.. just figured I'd add my 2 cents to help the guy trying to find a good file for the Scout-Trooper..
'tis my first day on Gametoast, been dl'ing mods off here for the past few months, figure I'd add my voice to the ensemble of Battlefront enthusiasts..
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Welcome to Gametoast!! :) :)
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

AddieB wrote:DL'ing now! Looks great from the screenshots! I hope greatly that this dude finishes this map! Nothing is more nail-bite inducing than waiting for a cool map like this to be done!
First off as ArcTroopaNate said, welcome to GameToast, it is always nice to see new members joining a community that has been around for ten-eleven years already. As for the modder completing this, I am not sure about that since he has not come with an update for two months now. Hopefully he comes back on and updates us with this map, same with JazzMaster who was doing an awesome job with his Cato Neimodia city map but then just disappeared off the face of GameToast.
AddieB
Private Recruit

Post by AddieB »

many thanks for the warm welcome! I see so much potential for an absolute KILLER map, hope the modder's alright.. most people don't just disappear like that..
anyways, I am on GameRanger.. y'all can Friend me if you'd like.. username's ADDIE B.. I play BFX mostly.. if you's don't know about that mod by now, you gotta be living under a rock, lol..
you even need a mouse for modding, or can you use a touch-pad? I got a laptop and I've been putting off modding till I knew if I had the right stuff..
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold

Post by Isaac1138 »

great map, but the one thing bothering me is the land texture
AddieB
Private Recruit

Post by AddieB »

Isaac1138 wrote:great map, but the one thing bothering me is the land texture
thing that bothers me more than that is no sound for walkers or speeders.. or any vehicle for that matter..
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Hey RubikPanda, just wanted to tell you that I have made a video on YouTube about your map! I really like it so far so I thought it deserved a video. I also give some suggestions on what could be done to improve upon it. I call it Desert of Junk in the video so sorry about that :) Great job so far though!

IF, you want to watch it then here`s the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZQZORBq-EY

...I`m NOT trying to advertise my channel btw, just thought you should know your map is getting some more attention.
bossrussian72
Private Recruit
Projects :: Naboo guards variety
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2
xbox live or psn: Spartanghost727

Post by bossrussian72 »

This map, based on the pics, needs rebel ships crashed, and destroyed X wings,A wings,tie fighters,at-at's-atst's, etc.
lpriefer01
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: battlefront 2

Post by lpriefer01 »

bossrussian72 wrote:This map, based on the pics, needs rebel ships crashed, and destroyed X wings,A wings,tie fighters,at-at's-atst's, etc.
you know another cool thing u could do for jakku is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMRp8-N0igY basically just take out the geonosian ball thing, reskin the dirt and change it to sand then boom.

and if you want to go all out change the village where the falcon is located, to the jakku village with that awkward gate thing