TRON: THE GRID

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Tron The Grid
Games I'm Playing :: The best..SWBFII
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: TRON: THE GRID

Post by ForceMaster »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:I have been following this thread for a really long time and I have to say this is looking very impressive sir! I can not even name any suggestions to make this mod map look any better since it looks like to me it has achieved its greatness already! Keep up the good work and I hope to see this being released in a few months or so!
Thanks friend!

Actually i have some problems with the side, changes in the same side only show in one game mode, why? I've tried a manual clean but the problem continues.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

You're sure you've got dc: in front of the side's name in every gamemode's .lua file? (e.g. ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\rep.lvl, ...")
SmokyCashew01
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: WildingSpark3

Post by SmokyCashew01 »

is this mod still going or is it dead? i was really excited for this one.
ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by ForceMaster »

Hi! I know that topics older than 30 days can not be bumped, but i like to retake this mod, I have all files and some progress. Can I do it in this old topic? Thanks Staff!
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

Yes you can. You are the creator so if you have an update to a mod,you can bump it....I think :/
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

ForceMaster wrote:Hi! I know that topics older than 30 days can not be bumped, but i like to retake this mod, I have all files and some progress. Can I do it in this old topic? Thanks Staff!

Great to see you back :D
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I was hoping you might return and finish the project one day, glad you decided to continue working in this now. When I first saw this, I was quite excited since it looked like it would be a huge challenge. I can not wait for the release!
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

The content we've seen so far is wonderful. Hope to see this finished (no rush, from me) 8)
ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by ForceMaster »

Well, Here we go!!!!

A short video from the disc arena (eli game mode modified to campaign)

https://vimeo.com/148676735

I'm not sure about this mode, is for one player, I think that can be fun if you can play that arena in MULTIPLAYER, so, every player will have the same chance to win, but how get 16 players at time to play.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

ForceMaster wrote:Well, Here we go!!!!

I'm not sure about this mode, is for one player, I think that can be fun if you can play that arena in MULTIPLAYER, so, every player will have the same chance to win, but how get 16 players at time to play.
Set a Gametoast event, and make a server for a time and date,
Hidden/Spoiler:
and ban any GT user who doesn't show up :oops:
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

WOW! That is by far one of the best looking mods/maps I have ever seen so far in my Battlefront 2 history! This will definitely be a keeper in my addon folder and not many maps stay in my addon folder which makes this a special one! I am really looking forward to a release of this mod in particular (and the Cato Neimoida map JazzMaster is working on). Keep up the amazing work on this ForceMaster, your Christophsis and Teth maps were great but I think this map will beat both of them!
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold

Post by Isaac1138 »

looking sexy
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Love it. How did you do that camera thing during your lift up? :o
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

thelegend wrote:Love it. How did you do that camera thing during your lift up? :o
You force the player into invisible turrets that are aimed how you want the camera to see.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

Mod looks nice,can't wait for release.
ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by ForceMaster »

Noobasaurus wrote:
thelegend wrote:Love it. How did you do that camera thing during your lift up? :o
You force the player into invisible turrets that are aimed how you want the camera to see.
:yes:

I'm thinking about the multiplayer mode for this mod, maybe can be more fun than singleplayer due the fact that every place in this come from a multiplayer game, I mean: the Lightcycle arena and the disc arena needs human player to looks realistic. The AI will never cross you with a lightcycle whe you pass to kill you, but HUMANS yes. What did you think?

@Noobasaurus In older post, you said something like FFA mode (Free For All), that mode can be fine for the disc arena but i don't know how make it, any ideas?
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

ForceMaster wrote:@Noobasaurus In older post, you said something like FFA mode (Free For All), that mode can be fine for the disc arena but i don't know how make it, any ideas?
Start with the default hero assault mode. Place spawn nodes around the arena so that people spawn randomly no matter which side they are on or which CP they click on. Then set the teams against each other using the following code:

Code: Select all

SetTeamAsEnemy(1,1)
SetTeamAsEnemy(2,2)
Keep in mind all your human players have to be spawned before this happens, otherwise they won't be able to spawn at all. It would probably be best to start a timer after the first human spawns to give the other humans time to spawn, then run this code and let the mayhem begin. In order to check for the winner, you could have a check in OnCharacterDeath which checks for alive players on both team 1 and 2 (GetNumTeamMembersAlive(team#)). If these added together equal one, then you have a winner and you give him victory and then the game restarts.

Also, if you want your AI to run around and kill people, stick this in your code.

AddAIGoal(1, "deathmatch", 1000)
AddAIGoal(2, "deathmatch", 1000)
ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by ForceMaster »

Thanks friend!
Noobasaurus wrote:Keep in mind all your human players have to be spawned before this happens, otherwise they won't be able to spawn at all. It would probably be best to start a timer after the first human spawns to give the other humans time to spawn, then run this code and let the mayhem begin.
This goig to be a problem for a multiplayer map?, In this disc arena, you need 16 players, ONLY 16, no more, no less, otherwise some places can be found empty without opponent, because this arena work (with ZE anims) in this order:

Examples:

[1]                                                   [ 9]
     [1]                                       [10]
[2]                                                   [10]
           [4]                           [12]
[3]                                                   [11]
     [4]                                       [12]
[4]                                                   [12]
                 [7]  [Winner]  [13]
[5]                                                   [13]
     [6]                                       [13]
[6]                                                   [14]
           [7]                           [13]
[7]                                                   [15]
     [7]                                       [16]
[8]                                                   [16]
Noobasaurus wrote:you could have a check in OnCharacterDeath which checks for alive players on both team 1 and 2
That lines can be used to get rounds working, when 8 players are alive then go to round 2, when 4 players are alive then go to round 3, when 2 players are alive then go to final round but every "box" of the arena will need anims to place the correct players in a duel. That is a VERY BIG number of variables!
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

ForceMaster wrote:This goig to be a problem for a multiplayer map?
It'll be more difficult for multiplayer. Instead of just starting it on a timer, you could check to see if there is an even number of players who are spawned. If not, then you can restart the timer and wait for more or just add one bot so that everyone has an opponent.

In singleplayer mode it'll be a lot easier to set up, since you don't have to wait for people.
ForceMaster wrote:That lines can be used to get rounds working, when 8 players are alive then go to round 2, when 4 players are alive then go to round 3, when 2 players are alive then go to final round but every "box" of the arena will need anims to place the correct players in a duel. That is a VERY BIG number of variables!
True, you'll have a lot of if statements, but it should work.
ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by ForceMaster »

I have another idea that maybe can work for both , single and multiplayer :

The map is loading , you choose from 16 command posts to spawn, each of the operating positions corresponding to a place in the tournament, once you spawn be within a region that uses a function via LUA that disables (or make it neutral) commandpost you chose, so that no other player can spawn with you . So there will be 16 regions with OnEnterRegión function which remove a command or make it neutral (as appropriate) . The next step will activate a mechanism Zero Editor animations that will force all players to get into the ascent capsule into place , and this mechanism will not be activated until 16 players are in place .

If the game have less than 16 players there is a timer (60 secs +/-) that enables AI spawn in the rest of positions, so, every player (human or bot) will have an oponent.

The questions here:

Can OnEnterRegión function works in Multiplayer?

Other stuff related: In the movie, gladiators stay in the "capsule" to fight, there is not a "bridge" to get melee combat, that is the reason why i will remove the bridge between capsules.

Edit:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I will need beta testers for this mod that can play online, if you like it, please PM me