Battlefront 2 Conversions from PSP version

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Re: Battlefront 2 Conversions from PSP version

Post by DarthDio »

That's amazing but can't we just import Elite Squadron to PC already? :P Have Space to ground and even the maps , graphics and characters from Elite Squadron in SWBF2?

Like could that be possible?
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Teancum wrote: You can't do Renegade/Elite Squadron -- totally different game engine. Only SWBF2 is the "same" on PSP.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DylanRocket »

DarthDio wrote:That's amazing but can't we just import Elite Squadron to PC already? :P Have Space to ground and even the maps , graphics and characters from Elite Squadron in SWBF2?

Technically yes, you can create an OBJ file of the maps using 3D Model Ripping software and convert them to MSH format. Poly count could be a problem though.

I did this with Bespin but never got around to converting the OBJ file to MSH. But IIRC the poly count for the entire map is like, 20,000 or something. Dunno if that's too much or not.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

DarthDio wrote:That's amazing but can't we just import Elite Squadron to PC already? :P Have Space to ground and even the maps , graphics and characters from Elite Squadron in SWBF2?

I personally can't stand the two psp-specific battlefront games. I have no interest to improve/import them.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

[snip]
Last edited by TheMastermindOfMaom on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

anthonybf2 wrote:

I personally can't stand the two psp-specific battlefront games. I have no interest to improve/import them.
Agreed. Their maps were terrible. They had tons of bottlenecks and no flow whatsoever. They were like bad mod maps.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

[snip]
Last edited by TheMastermindOfMaom on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Let's not get off track please. I don't like coming to threads and reading things not about the original posted content.
Hidden/Spoiler:
(the original posted content is still in progress, but I have some life stuff going on and I need a break from stuff like mods)
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

I tried starting an Elite Squadron map conversion myself.

This is Dantooine after ripping it from the game (in several different 'captures'):

Yes, that is how the textures have appeared after ripping through Ninja Ripper and converting through Noesis.

Characters we can be a little more successful with:

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

AWESOME! I'd love to use the X brothers in the Xbox mod if I get a chance to got back to it.

Dantooine would be one of the few interesting maps. And actually probably not hard to do, once we know the scaling of it. If you figure out how much you have to scale the models up/down, that should match for the maps, too. Then we simply make it a .msh, import into ZeroEdit, and "rebuild" it using ZeroEdit's terrain and SWBF2 props. The original serves as the ultra-accurate reference. I'd personally love to give it a go sometime.

Speaking of rebuilding decent maps, this would also work with Renegade Squadron's Ord Mantell. Saleucami and Elite Squadron's Cato Nemoidia were pretty decent maps, too, but it would have to be rebuilt from scratch being mostly buildings.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

I have all three variants of the X brothers kitbashed (though not all rigged yet) though the textures need work as they baked in the shadows into the textures.
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

Wow , amazing job ggctuk keep it up!

Dantooine is one of my favorite maps , I'd give anything to see it in Battlefront 2! Not to mention that X1 and X2 would be awesome as Hero units.

Now I'm not sure why people seem to dislike the PSP Games so much , they are clunky at times but the game design is really fun , especially in Elite Squadron since it's supposedly Free Radical's game , ported onto PSP.
You can't go wrong when there's Space to Ground Battles ;) but anyway , we all have different opinions no need to argue about something like that and to get back on track:

Like Teancum said some of the Renegade and Elite maps are pretty good and would be a fine addition to the SWBF2 Modding Community , not to mention than many models from SWBF3 are already available.

Personally I think one of the biggest and most awesome maps from Elite Squadron , has to be Coruscant , it can easily be recreated (gameplay-wise) in Battlefront 2.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

It is Free Radical's game, dumbed down for the PSP.
Last edited by TheMastermindOfMaom on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:It is Free Radical's game,dumbed down for the PSP.

*They removed some features and changed stuff. In Battlefront 3 you wouldn't have those cutscenes when leaving the atmosphere for example.
Actually, one of the developers stated the game is literally the PSP/PS2 version of SWBF3. Nothing was dumbed down, just a different name. This is supported by the fact that there's leftover SWBF3 logos in the game's files and some text in one of the ASR file references PS2 memory cards. There's also a file list referring to the game as "SWBF3 PSP Release". So we actually already have the PS2/PSP version of Battlefront 3, just with a new name.