TRON: The Grid Public Beta 1.0

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Tron The Grid
Games I'm Playing :: The best..SWBFII
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

TRON: The Grid Public Beta 1.0

Post by ForceMaster »

And......(drumroll)..........................................................................................

TRON: THE GRID

First beta version 1.0

Download from Mediafire

Overview:

This beta version contents one world with 2 maps and 3 game modes in 2 eras.

Conquest: (CW) This map is a classic TDM with Lightcycle battle in the game arena,
(GCW) This map is a TDM + Team Race Mode with light runner in the game arena. Every team needs to complete 3 laps to win.

Assault: (GCW) This is the Tournament mode in the disc arena, something like FFA mode but in this you can not respawn once you dead.

Also, you can test it online in a dedicated server:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="anthonybf2"]I have not fully tested the mod on single player yet but I've gone ahead and setup a PC dedicated server hosting the mod on my paid server host. The location is LA, the name of the server is The TRON Server, the join password is gtfm and the server is being hosted on the alternative multiplayer service Gameshare/GameMaster.
[/quote]

Thanks again anthonybf2
Please post comments, bugs, ideas and more! thanks :D
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: TRON: The Grid Public Beta 1.0

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

:D This is one of the most creative ideas ive ever seen done in battlefront after mass effect unification of course. I gave all the modes a go with some journey - separate ways and remixed versions of derezzed playing in the background of steam.

what I like so far:

Dude, the design is so spot on! I love both tron movies and im glad those movies gave you inspiration to do this. The glowing effects, the way you enter Clue's arena, the overall theme is great. My favorite game mode is the dueling. The scripts you use really work for the map and for your vision and I hope we can get more maps like this.

Some bugs ive noticed:
On the racing mode with the cars it seems to crash on my end every time I get close to the other racers. Im able to race around thge track but as soon as I get make 1 round and get behind the other racers, it freezes.

*Still testing.

Just some ideas that you may taken into consideration. Maybe we can get some custom combos animations in the future. Also some custom voice work for the programs and clues army. I would love to see Quorra as as a hero for the car sections or some female programs in the mix.