Space Kamino: Modern (1.03)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Space Kamino: Modern (1.03)

Post by RedHardcore »

Final Update:
- Unit count halfened
- Fixed the sky
- More Capital Ships in the background and some up close with just turrets.
- Strengthened Frigates
- Using conversion pack vehicles rather than the boring stock vehicles.
- Normal Point system except for strict death penalties.

1.01/03 fixes:
- Fixed Shields
- Fixed auto turret defense systems
- Fixed certain vehicles not spawning
- Changed positions of cis vehicles
- Slightly more Stormtroopers from 25 to 30 (forgot to include that in the readme)
- Turret chairs that didn't spawned removed, extra turrets assigned to chairs removed (system reconfigured but still broken) th
- Deleted old ship parts that I forgot to erase.

The vehicles.lvl is only for if you do not have the conversion pack. If you have it, just delete the one that came with this package as you already have it and they are exactly the same. If you don't have the conversion pack, I strongly recommend it as it has a lot of good content. Credits goes to Maveritchell, Teancum and the others who worked on it as well for the vehicles and the Conversion Pack in general.

Links:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fnxd4 ... Final03.7z
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-ba ... ino-modern

Screenshots:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Previous Update Post:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Beta 2 Update:

- 3rd side is working now
- Frigates added
- Modified health of Shield and Destructible's
- Modified Point System
- Units increased on each side to 100
This is my very first map. As the title says, it takes place above Kamino. The concept of this map is to have an xl 3-way space war (just 2 for now), to have the empire, the republic, and the cis attack each other in space. You can only play as the republic or cis however, the empire is just the bonus.

After the destruction of the second death star, the empire became desperate for solutions to bring back their army back up and shape. With no leader, it was hard to figure out how. Only the Emperor and Vader knew how to create the Death Star. Meanwhile, they come across the planet kamino and rediscovered that they have cloning facilities and can steal it to create more stormtroopers. With the few Imperial Star Destroyers left, they head to Kamino, but as they reach Kamino, they get caught in a battle between the Republic and the CIS. They immidiately looked at them as enemies and started attacking each other.]

Beta 2 screenshots:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Beta 1 screenshots:
Hidden/Spoiler:
beta 2 download links:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m7ldw ... odernb2.7z
http://www.gamefront.com/files/25548542 ... dernb2.rar

beta 1 download links:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/25542513 ... dernb1.rar
Last edited by RedHardcore on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 17 times in total.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Re: Space Kamino: Modern beta 1

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Definitely a good start into your modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. Though space maps are not my forte, I will try this out and see how well this plays out for me. If/When you finish this space map, will you be making this into a map series or just going to move on to another idea you had? I would definitely like to see your skills of making a mod map since not many new maps get released anymore.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica

Post by CdtFox »

Like I said earlier on ModB it's a really good idea...An original story! Keep up the work!!! :wink:
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by RedHardcore »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:Definitely a good start into your modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. Though space maps are not my forte, I will try this out and see how well this plays out for me. If/When you finish this space map, will you be making this into a map series or just going to move on to another idea you had? I would definitely like to see your skills of making a mod map since not many new maps get released anymore.
I'm probably just going to make a bunch of space maps before I get into land maps because space maps are easier to make :P. I am thinking about making a land map in the near future that follows up to this one where the empire attacks the clones (not to be confused with the 501st campaign). I'll add droids as a bonus side as well as star fighters. It'll probably just be a fusion of bf1 and bf2 kamino with rearranged and repathed walkways.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I had some time and played your map and here is what I thought of it so far: This space map you made plays like any other space map to me but just with more auto turrets trying to shoot me out of the sky. This was definitely a "different" experience when it came to flying around since it seemed there were a couple more AI flying around than usual. There are two certain things I wanted to point out: One is the planet itself, if you could, maybe do a planet that is more blue instead of using what seems to be Tatooine. The second is the planet usually would be below the space map, not above it. If you want to keep the planet there then that is fine, this is just a different way to set up a space map
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Re: Space Kamino: Modern (1.0) Final

Post by RedHardcore »

Final release! I decided to finish it after all.