Kothlis: Ice Haven (An April 1st Joke)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Kothlis: Ice Haven (An April 1st Joke)

Post by GAB »

Hello people, and here we are again, with a new take of mine on my Kothlis map.

A few months ago, came up to my mind an idea regarding how the aesthetic approach of this map could be done. This idea seemed quite interesting and in fact got me very excited with what it could become. Now the work is done I present you the 3.0 version of Kothlis: Sea haven.
Hidden/Spoiler:

Download Links:
MOD DB (7z, 32MB)
MEDIAFIRE (7z, 32MB)
MEDIAFIRE (RAR, 37MB)
MEDIAFIRE (ZIP, 42MB)

Have fun.

EDIT:

This release was meant to be an April Fools joke. This map is just the result of an experiment I did in January this year and due to its unconventional aesthetic features (i.e. combining palm trees and a tropical resort with arctic weather) I found it suitable to release it in April 1st. Therefore, this is NOT the latest version of Kothlis: Sea Haven. Consider it just a spin-off.
Last edited by GAB on Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 9 times in total.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Kothlis: Sea Haven 3.0

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

:D I love your work on snow textures. Ive downloaded your alzoc blizzard assets and studied how you did your edits to pandemic textures and they are quite wonderful. It looks like the same amount of creativity went into this version of kothlis.

*This is unrelated but I noticed that alzoc 2.0 wasn't munged together for the public and im working on snow sides for it to go along with your snow theme. Would it be ok to release a smaller version of Alzoc blizzard 2.0 with just playable versions of my custom sides? Ill make sure that on the credits your the one who is credited with making the map and I just made custom sides for it.
Last edited by TWINKEYRUNAWAY on Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Would it be ok to release a smaller version of alzoc blizzard 2.0 with just playable versions of my custom sides? Ill make sure that on the credits your the one who is created with making the map and I just made custom sides for it.
Sure, no problem. :thumbs:
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

You seem to really like adding in all these new environments to your map GAB. Will you add in a Tsunami type environment next if you are adding in anything else?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:You seem to really like adding in all these new environments to your map GAB. Will you add in a Tsunami type environment next if you are adding in anything else?
I would suggest a Mustafar like environment, with dangerous fire that could attach and burn players, lots of rumbling, etc.
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by RedHardcore »

GAB wrote:Hello people, and here we are again, with a new take of mine on my Kothlis map.

A few months ago, came up to my mind an idea regarding how the aesthetic approach of this map could be done. This idea seemed quite interesting and in fact got me very excited with what it could become. Now the work is done I present you the 3.0 version of Kothlis: Sea haven.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Download Links:
MEDIAFIRE (7z, 32MB)
MEDIAFIRE (RAR, 37MB)
MEDIAFIRE (ZIP, 42MB)

Have fun.
Looks amazing. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. A suggestion I made a while ago was to add kotor support. You should add mass effect unification support to your map as well. There's already so much in it anyway and it already has a lot of era support but yeah keep up the good work!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

looks quit interesting. are there other changes except the Color??
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: Not Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

Post by iamastupid »

GAB, are you going to release the assets for this version of the map?
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Kothlis: Ice Haven (An April Fools Joke)

Post by GAB »

Just in case anyone might eventually be wondering, this release was meant to be an April Fools joke. This map is just the result of an experiment I did in January this year and due to its unconventional aesthetic features (i.e. combining palm trees and a tropical resort with artic weather) I found it suitable to release it in April 1st. Therefore, this is NOT the latest version of Kothlis: Sea Haven neither a sequel to it. Consider it just a spin-off.
iamastupid wrote:GAB, are you going to release the assets for this version of the map?
I might release the snow textures.
MikeTheBeast55 wrote:You seem to really like adding in all these new environments to your map GAB. Will you add in a Tsunami type environment next if you are adding in anything else?
Maybe in next years April 1st? :P
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Kothlis: Ice Haven (An April 1st Joke)

Post by Anakin »

:funny2:
Delta327
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Shattered Galaxy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by Delta327 »

Nice work GAB!
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

I thought it might be an April Fools' joke, on the other hand it looked juuuust artsy enough that it could pass for an actual serious attempt, so I didn't say anything one way or another when I first saw it. :P
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

The re-design of this map looks amazing. I really love all the detail you put into each texture to have that snowly effect. I also love how you added icy surface onto the water. This icy reflection looks very realistic. You know what would look funny? If there are some fish swimming under the surface :lol: And player might think: "Poor fishy"
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

thelegend wrote:The re-design of this map looks amazing. I really love all the detail you put into each texture to have that snowly effect. I also love how you added icy surface onto the water. This icy reflection looks very realistic. You know what would look funny? If there are some fish swimming under the surface :lol: And player might think: "Poor fishy"
I have to agree, it's very lovely done and looks really beautiful! :)

Unfortunately I only was able to play it, when it was alone in the addon folder (without the original) and renaming doesn't work properly:
I renamed the snowy version to KTI and added it to my addon folder where the original also was located with its stock name KTH. Ingame I got 2x "Kothlis" with different gamemodes and eras (both with CW AND GCW) and if I added on of them, it always added my selected one 2 times.
If I selected both as Conquest in GCW the game adds Kothlis 4 times!
No matter what I select, every Kothlis entry in the playlist is one of the original version and no snowy at all :(

So please add the snowy theme to the standard map or make a real standalone map with its own 3 letters and maybe also playable in CW era, that would be so awesome ... it's to good to let it get lost as April 1st Joke :thumbs:
SnakeEyesRaw
Private
Projects :: Various personal side mods
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 - JKA - KotOR

Post by SnakeEyesRaw »

suLac wrote:
thelegend wrote:The re-design of this map looks amazing. I really love all the detail you put into each texture to have that snowly effect. I also love how you added icy surface onto the water. This icy reflection looks very realistic. You know what would look funny? If there are some fish swimming under the surface :lol: And player might think: "Poor fishy"
I have to agree, it's very lovely done and looks really beautiful! :)

Unfortunately I only was able to play it, when it was alone in the addon folder (without the original) and renaming doesn't work properly:
I renamed the snowy version to KTI and added it to my addon folder where the original also was located with its stock name KTH. Ingame I got 2x "Kothlis" with different gamemodes and eras (both with CW AND GCW) and if I added on of them, it always added my selected one 2 times.
If I selected both as Conquest in GCW the game adds Kothlis 4 times!
No matter what I select, every Kothlis entry in the playlist is one of the original version and no snowy at all :(

So please add the snowy theme to the standard map or make a real standalone map with its own 3 letters and maybe also playable in CW era, that would be so awesome ... it's to good to let it get lost as April 1st Joke :thumbs:
Yes, please. I renamed mine to KIH and had the same problem. A standalone version of this map would be really cool.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

I downloaded this because it's very cool....
hhahaaha, pun.

But yuo should use this, I'm guessing resort prices are much lower during the off season? ;)