The Sith Wars 1.0

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

The Sith Wars 1.0

Post by Kingpin »

After three and a half months of work, The Sith Wars is ready for it's first release!

I made this mod for my clan, Sith Empire (http://sith.shivtr.com/), being my second release the the clan, and I thought that since I did not release the final version of Sullust, I should atleast release this to Gametoast, the people who have helped me so much learn how to create a mod. This is intended for clan use, but runs great on Singeplayer. Note: Maps with Dark Council vs Sith Empire may have a confusing plot, as that was made for Multiplayer training, but still is fun to play. The idea of this mod is that it adds a Sith era to 10 stock maps; these maps have any of the 6 playable factions on it, making each map unique. I hope you guys like it!

KEY FEATURES

Play as over 40 new units and 6 playable factions as the Sith wage grand war.

Embrace the history of the Sith Empire and the Sith Academy and re-live the duels and battles that became known as The Sith Civil War.

Fight with your favorite Sith Legend character in the Sith Legends mode, bringing in characters from the Old Republic to the Legacy era on the fiery world of Mustafar.

Several new fighting styles and combos make for an amazing and fun gameplay setting.

Play with many new powerful Force abilities and unique Lightsabers.

Play on the re-imagined classic Naboo in Sith style.

There is so much content in this mod that I cannot even begin to touch on!

Mediafire
Dropbox
TSW.zip (Mediafire)

Note: This requires the unofficial v1.3 patch, which I have included in the .zip.

Enjoy!

-Darth Magnus / Kingpin
Hand of the Emperor

CREDITS:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Credits:
Darth Khan- Providing me with all of his previous units, plus the Darth Bane, Darth Talon, and many other units
Gogie- Darth Revan and Darth Malak models, revan animations
Maveritchell, Teancum, and the Conversion Pack Team- Conversion Pack Unit source
Mandarek- General Grievous
Deviss- Shadow Trooper conversion
RepSharpshooter- BFX Scripts (used for studying era stuff)
thelegnd- helping me set up my addme
[LR]Kfm- helping me get the red lightning effect
AQT, Maveritchell, Aphotic- The Three best modders, my inspiration

Last edited by Kingpin on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: The Sith Wars 1.0

Post by Anakin »

Wow this Map looks awesome. I think i'll have a look at this map
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

I am going to test it out. The naboo theed textures look soooo epic. I love this color selection. Good job :thumbs:
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Now THIS is modding at its finest! I have been awaiting a mod like this for a while since their are not a lot of "Sith feeling" maps but this one I am getting a strong vibe to download and I know I will enjoy this! The screenshots also made me want to download because these units are also playable on other maps! Great, great great, I hope to see more mods from you my friend like these in the near future!
~Mike
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

This mod is awesome! It has all the classes in each faction! It even has the Sith Inquisitor!! The only thing that would make this mod better is conquest mode, but despite that, it's awesome. Now I feel like a true Sith!
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

Wow looks incredible cant wait to play!

Also the download is malware google chrome and firefox has detected it as such.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

Yeah, some other people were telling me they had the same problem, too. I am sure there is no such thing on it, but could someone re-upload it somewhere else?
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifz7l0fvbu8afly/TSW.rar

~100 MB and ~400 MB when unzipped

And just a note when using an installer: it becomes a pain for some people to have to fish out the folder in addon if they don't have SWBF2 in that directory. Some people don't. A few years ago I had it on an external HD and I had to copy everything over. If you can, please enable the option to set where it installs.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

I played the Naboo map. I love the reskinned buildings. The red roofs and the gray but black walls. And the bloody red ground near cp0 (I believe). It looks so epic and I love every Sith Unit. One small tip if you decide to do an update. The buildings out of naboo aren't reskinned. Anyway I love the red glowing windows. Great job :thumbs:
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

Noobasaurus wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifz7l0fvbu8afly/TSW.rar

~100 MB and ~400 MB when unzipped

And just a note when using an installer: it becomes a pain for some people to have to fish out the folder in addon if they don't have SWBF2 in that directory. Some people don't. A few years ago I had it on an external HD and I had to copy everything over. If you can, please enable the option to set where it installs.
Thanks for the upload.
Concerning the installer: I originally made this for my clan, and my first map was a standard abc, but half of the people could not figure out how to install it. When I updated it and made yet another installer (which they could change directory), half of them messed it up. Yeah, I will also put a link to just the TSW.zip, if that'd be easier.
thelegend wrote:I played the Naboo map. I love the reskinned buildings. The red roofs and the gray but black walls. And the bloody red ground near cp0 (I believe). It looks so epic and I love every Sith Unit. One small tip if you decide to do an update. The buildings out of naboo aren't reskinned. Anyway I love the red glowing windows. Great job :thumbs:
:O I went back and saw some of those buildings, too :oops:
I am glad you like it, and I would suggest you play on Mustafar: Sith Legends
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Oh yes. I tried Mustafar. And the new Grievous animations are good too. But Grievous never was a Sith xD
Anyway nice to see all powerfullest siths in one map. Maybe Darth Ravange would like to join this session too :wink:
Ant
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Clone Wars Mod
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront Series

Post by Ant »

I look forward to playing this. Nice job.
Khannyman
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Malachor V
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: IKhanMakeWAR2

Post by Khannyman »

I r8 8/8. Loved to be a help in making the map, never really knew about all the buzz it was getting until now though. If you ever want to make a new map/mod anytime hmu and I'll get to work on some new units.
ec10125
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim Borderlands

Post by ec10125 »

I've played one round of this mod, so keep that in mind here, but I have one suggestion. Limit the amount of units who can use Force Lightning to one or two per side, and for those units, impose a limit of say two players at once. I've seen a lot of lightning spam and it can get very annoying and keep combat slow.
Ezuthim
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Ezuthim »

Helo im new to modding for swbf2 and i want to play this mod but i dont know how to. :? i downloaded the mod and did what was nessasary for the mod but i dont know how to play the game mode. sorry for the stupid uestion but i really would like t play a sith battle.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Ezuthim wrote:i want to play this mod but i dont know how to. :? i downloaded the mod and did what was nessasary for the mod but i dont know how to play the game mode.
When you say you do not know how to play it, do you mean how to install the mod? First you would need to install the most up to date Version 1.3 Patch. If you did it already then follow this path for the disk version: C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon and drop the three lettered folder in the addon folder. If you have it for Steam then follow this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon and drop the three lettered folder in there. There should be a new era under CW and GCW called "The Sith Wars for some of the maps then.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

Ezuthim wrote:Helo im new to modding for swbf2 and i want to play this mod but i dont know how to. :? i downloaded the mod and did what was nessasary for the mod but i dont know how to play the game mode. sorry for the stupid uestion but i really would like t play a sith battle.
Also make sure you download the TSW.zip, the last of the 3 downloads :wink: