For all things related to AnthonyBF2's Battlefront PSP mod

Moderators: AnthonyBF2, Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: Battlefront 2 (PSP) Upgrades + 5th Release

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Lordawesome23 wrote:I'm not talking about videos. I'm talking about replacing all screenshots and text with screenshots and words spoken in each cutscene.
The tutorial screens are actually 100% images. And I don't really feel like doing anything with them. If it's possible to replace the images (not tried yet) I will replace it with actually useful information.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Seems like overkill to me. I wouldn't do it. Focus on the gameplay.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Teancum wrote:Seems like overkill to me. I wouldn't do it. Focus on the gameplay.
I was already planning to replace it with art work or something, or better tips. It's just not on my priority list, it'll be one of those last moment things I put in.
Lordawesome23
Private
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by Lordawesome23 »

Anthony, are you gonna fix Mygeeto? I mean in terms of lighting. The Mustafar map you fixed and added the blue light blooms. Could you do this for the Mygeeto map? The map is missing the light blooms.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Lordawesome23 wrote:Anthony, are you gonna fix Mygeeto? I mean in terms of lighting. The Mustafar map you fixed and added the blue light blooms. Could you do this for the Mygeeto map? The map is missing the light blooms.
I didn't do anything to Mustafar or Mygeeto, and I don't really want to rebuild a level if nothing is truly wrong with it.

Well, for Mustafar, the file comes from the PS2 version of SWBF2. But I still didn't add or change anything within the level.
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

If that was for Mustafar do you think you could do it for Mygeeto?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Lordawesome23 wrote:If that was for Mustafar do you think you could do it for Mygeeto?
Yes but not right now.
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

Instead of getting another PSP, I have decided to get a PSVita, two analog sticks, newer features, and the deal gets me 4 free games. Considering the Vita when modded could play PSP games, will this work on Vita?
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

Lordawesome23 wrote:Instead of getting another PSP, I have decided to get a PSVita, two analog sticks, newer features, and the deal gets me 4 free games. Considering the Vita when modded could play PSP games, will this work on Vita?
Yes, there's no reason why it shouldn't work.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

DylanRocket wrote:
Lordawesome23 wrote:Instead of getting another PSP, I have decided to get a PSVita, two analog sticks, newer features, and the deal gets me 4 free games. Considering the Vita when modded could play PSP games, will this work on Vita?
Vita is less hackable but it's hackable enough to play ripped/modded games. But we can't discuss that here, Google's your pal in that situation.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Post by RogueAssassin2488 »

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
DylanRocket wrote:
Vita is less hackable but it's hackable enough to play ripped/modded games. But we can't discuss that here, Google's your pal in that situation.
Soo true i can't name 1 time Google has let me down on Information or Games Mods ECT
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

I just got to try the Vita for the first time. I don't actually own it yet but I got to try it at my home.

Edit: Remoteplay is really useful. Should probably get some L2/R2 triggers later, It is really comfortable, Killzone Mercenaries is a beautiful game, the games are really nice but they all kinda lag.

I don't want to know how, but do you think the Vita could be over clocked? I do believe the PSP emulator engages in 500/166 even though it says lower than that. It would be interesting to overclock the Vita to play Vita games with smoother framerate. Some really beautiful games seriously need this adjustment *cough cough WipEout 2048 cough cough* It would be interesting to overclock it so it plays Vita games better and PSP games better. Do you guys think this is possible?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Lordawesome23 wrote:I just got to try the Vita for the first time. I don't actually own it yet but I got to try it at my home.

Edit: Remoteplay is really useful. Should probably get some L2/R2 triggers later, It is really comfortable, Killzone Mercenaries is a beautiful game, the games are really nice but they all kinda lag.

I don't want to know how, but do you think the Vita could be over clocked? I do believe the PSP emulator engages in 500/166 even though it says lower than that. It would be interesting to overclock the Vita to play Vita games with smoother framerate. Some really beautiful games seriously need this adjustment *cough cough WipEout 2048 cough cough* It would be interesting to overclock it so it plays Vita games better and PSP games better. Do you guys think this is possible?
The reason I keep having this thread locked is because it keeps straying away from the intended discussion, SWBF2 mods for the PSP.

Edit: I went ahead and looked into how the tutorials are setup and I was right, it's 100% image files all compiled into one file, which can be easily rebuilt. All I have to do now is figure out what I want to fill it with. :wink:
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

If I were you, I'd replace them with static images of cutscenes with text on them. But that decision is completely up to you.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

Lordawesome23 wrote:If I were you, I'd replace them with static images of cutscenes with text on them. But that decision is completely up to you.
Honestly, that sounds kind of pointless unless the cutscenes actually play before the campaign mission itself.
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

True.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Lordawesome23 wrote:True.
Certain tutorial categories have only 3 or 4 screens so I think I'll use those for credits. For the ones with 9 or 10 screens I'll do guides and better, more useful instructions.

Edit: So I studied the hardware for PSP consoles and Vita consoles and I've gotten a good idea.
First off, the regular PSP models have 2MB of video ram, and the Vita has 128MB of video ram which is waaaaaay more.

What I am thinking is, once I finish up the primary mods for SWBF2 PSP, it will be operable on the Vita and regular PSP consoles, but I can make a special version of the game for Vita that would present higher graphics since the Vita could potentially support it.

So in the end, there'd be two versions of modded SWBF2 for PSP, each would be the same, but one would be for Vita only to present higher graphics.

Anyone who's got a Vita let me know asap and I'll setup some special test mods like upgraded character skins and map object skins. The regular PSP seems to be limited to 64x64 resolutions for map objects, and 128x128 for characters, vehicles, and other things like radar screens and sky stuff. I am thinking that the Vita could display objects at 128x128, with characters & vehicles at 256x256.

I'd to get some tests going with this idea soon so we can determine if it is possible and how well it works, and how well it could be made. If it turns out bad, the sooner the better so I don't waste too much time on it.
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

That sounds like a great idea! I'm glad you thought of that! Can't wait to try both modded versions. Maybe the Vita version will look almost like the PS2!
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

AnthonyBF2 wrote:Edit: So I studied the hardware for PSP consoles and Vita consoles and I've gotten a good idea.
First off, the regular PSP models have 2MB of video ram, and the Vita has 128MB of video ram which is waaaaaay more.

What I am thinking is, once I finish up the primary mods for SWBF2 PSP, it will be operable on the Vita and regular PSP consoles, but I can make a special version of the game for Vita that would present higher graphics since the Vita could potentially support it.
Been there, tried that (with a different game). Most games also have hard-coded limits based on the platform as well, and I'd imagine that SWBF2 definitely falls into that list, as my Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts book talks heavily about how hard it was to even get the game running on PSP.

Not trying to burst your bubble, but rather helping you not spend tons of time into something that can't be. Dive in, but don't spend too much time if you don't see results quickly.
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

I agree with Teancum, definitely give it a try though, but remember the Vita has 4 cores and runs the PSP emulator at 500/166 and this is a PSP game he's dealing with. But yeah, I definitely agree. Give it a shot dude.