Customizable difficulty script (1.5), fixed MP crashes

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

WiseKitsune
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Customizable difficulty script (1.5), fixed MP crashes

Post by WiseKitsune »

So I thought campaign was too easy to play through with some modded unit classes. Then I thought that other people might enjoy a difficulty mod, so I decided to release this.

Version 1.5 Fixes some crashing issues in multiplayer

readme:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Title: Customizable difficulty script

Version: 1.5

Description:

*requires v1.3 patch r129*

*Requires SWBF 1 conversionpack for some functions to work*

The conversion pack is required for using this script multiplayer, since if clients can't read the data from vehicles.lvl they will CTD

Changes in this version:
Removed non public version commands and asscociated data from public release. This should fix some crashes in multiplayer due to readdatafile failing to find things.

Removed references to AWD.lvl for the same reason.

Automatic changes:

Teams 1 and 2 now support a max of 249 units each in single player, and 100 above the map's normal team size in multi-player

The setup teams function now automatically calculates maximum AI spawn values per class if they are left out,
this is to avoid a bug of having 250ish AI all the time in some campaign missions.

Jedi lightsabers work in space

SetMemoryPoolSize now automatically allocates enough memory for the additional units and vehicles, if the amount specified is too low.

When a human player spawns, the varables pteam and eteam are set equal to that player's team and the other team respectivly.
If a command states "Requires team variables to be set before use", this is what it means.

Commands:

"Add Units to Enemy Team"
Prompts the player for an integer input which adds that many units to the enemy team. Requires team variables to be set before use.

This command NO LONGER makes use of SWBF1 conversion pack units and thus DOES NOT need the conversion pack to be installed.

"Modify Difficulty Setting"
Enter an integer to adjust the difficulty setting. May require team variables to be set before use. Zero is default, positive numbers increase it. Single digits are enough to make a difference from what I've seen.

"Decrease Player Team Health"
Units on your team spawn with %50 max and current health. Only affects spawns after its used and requires team variables to be set before use.

"Decrease Player Team Vehicle Health'
When a player on your team enters a vehicle, the vehicle's max and current health is halved. Requires team variables to be set before use.

"Launch Additional Enemy Fighters"
When an AI controlled player on the enemy team spawns, they automatically get a vehicle to pilot. Excludes some unit classes. Recommended for space maps. Requires team variables to be set before use

This command makes use of SWBF1 conversion pack units, if it can't determine the enemy team's faction, and thus may needs the conversion pack to be installed.
Download:

script and source
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kggo7u4bo ... pt+1-5.zip

edit: If I'm missing something important in the readme. Please let me know and I'll fix it.
Last edited by WiseKitsune on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Re: Customizable difficulty script (1.3), now with MP suppor

Post by RedHardcore »

Could you please specify more about how many additional vehicles can be spawned in the game. I made a map months ago and I might consider remaking it and I would like to go above the 32 vehicle limit.
WiseKitsune
Recruit Womprat Killer

Re: Customizable difficulty script (1.5), fixed MP crashes

Post by WiseKitsune »

RedHardcore wrote:Could you please specify more about how many additional vehicles can be spawned in the game. I made a map months ago and I might consider remaking it and I would like to go above the 32 vehicle limit.
I'm unaware of a hard limit for vehicles, but I may have just not heard of one. According to what I know, all you need to do is set high enough memory pools for each vehicle type

eg SetMemoryPoolSize("EntityFlyer",50)

Currently I only raised the limit on flying vehicles to make the launch additional enemy fighters command work.

edit: I might need to re-evaluate the launch additional enemy fighters command, since I discovered some issues with it not spawning vehicles for all the enemy pilots after I implemented it, though it appears to work to some degree

EDIT
Updated to version 1.5. Let me know how it works.