Scarif Map Pack (v1.0 Beta, 2 Maps Released!)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Scarif Map Pack (v1.0 Beta, 2 Maps Released!)

Post by Gogie »

Please Be Patient: I am working on reconstructing this first post.

Been away for a while do to circumstances but after a solid 3 months of modelling and fooling around in XSI im glad to announce my return with a new map Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone.

This map is intended to be a large scale "beta" for a much larger planned project.

Basis of the map will and game play:

This map is intended to be an air to ground type of map;

The Map is divided into four islands connected by land / metal bridges.

The maps key command post will for the rebellion will be a beach like area where UT-60D U-Wing Gunships have landed. You can pilot a Uwing gunship to deploy your troops throughout the map, or use them to assault infantry from the air. You may also attack the enemies airborne TIE reapers to weaken their offense or Destroy the enemies Zeta class shuttle to cut off their access to the imperial comm tower island.
Hidden/Spoiler:
On the other side of the island the imperial landing zone has two landing pads where Tie reapers have landed.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Each island itself has a command post under a landing zone these landing zones are meant for both U-Wing and Tie Reapers to land so they may deploy their troops for ease of access; These landing points will be the only places that the U-Wing and Tie Reapers are able to land, so plan your deployment before departing your initial command posts. (however in the alpha test build this limitation has not been placed.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The imperial and rebellion starting islands both contain Zeta class shuttles as destroyable command posts placed near the bridges linking to the comm tower islands, destroy these shuttles to help slow down your opponents advance.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Many of the large scale bridges between command posts and islands feature Cargo Containers and can be used not only as a path to each command post but also strategically as cover from enemy fire;
Hidden/Spoiler:
Sides Revisions:

Sides are in progress of being entirely redesigned; this in large part is due to the fact that multiplayer gameplay focuses on either the rocket launcher or shotgun which to me doesn't feel very star wars like.

be patient as the sides included in the alpha map test are very much so temporary they are more or less "place holders" until I can finish revising the sides.

Empire Sides:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Vehicle - Tie Reaper
Weapons - Dual Laser Cannons
Additional Crew Capacity - 3 Crew + 1 Pilot

Infantry - Stormtrooper Skin
Weapons - E-11 Blaster Rifle, SE14r Pistol
Special - Thermal Detonator, Stamina Buff

Heavy Trooper - Shoretrooper Skin
Weapons - DLT-19 Heavy Blaster, rocket launcher
Special - Det pack (temporary mesh for alpha)

Engineer - Groundcrew Skin
Weapons - SE14r Pistol, Repair Kit
Special - Deployable Turret, Deployable Cover Shield (if can get working not in alpha)

Sniper - Shoretrooper Squad Leader Skin
Weapons - Sniper Configured A-300 Blaster Rifle, SE14r Pistol
Special - Proximity Mine

Pilot - Imperial Pilot Skin
Weapons - SE14r Pistol, Repair Kit
Special - Inherit Flyer Repair Skill

Officer - ShoreTrooper Captain Skin
Weapons - E-22 Blaster Rifle, SE14r Pistol
Special - Sonic Imploder, Damage Buff

Medic - Modified Shortrooper Squad Leader Skin (Not included in alpha yet stayed tuned)
Weapons - SE14r Pistol
Special - AOE health regen, Bacta Grenade

Special - Death Trooper
Weapons - Blastech E-11D, SE14r repeater
Special - Remote droid, C25 frag grenade
Rebel Sides
Hidden/Spoiler:
Vehicle - UT-60D U-Wing Gunship
Weapons - Dual Laser Cannons
Additional Crew Capacity - 3 Crew + 1 Pilot

Infantry - Rebel Skin
Weapons - A280C Rifle, DH17 Pistol
Special - Thermal Detonator, Stamina Buff

Heavy Trooper - Rebel Skin
Weapons - Blastech A-300, rocket launcher
Special - detonation pack

Engineer - Rebel Skin
Weapons - DH17 Pistol, Repair Kit
Special - Deployable Turret, Deployable Cover Shield (if can get working)

Sniper - Rebel Skin
Weapons - Sniper Configured A-300 Blaster Rifle, DH17 Pistol
Special - Proximity Mine, Damage Reduction Buff

Pilot - Rebel Pilot Skin (stock rebel pilot in alpha to be updated soon)
Weapons - DH17 Pistol, Repair Kit
Special - Inherit Flyer Repair Skill

Officer - Rebel Skin (stock bothan spy in alpha to be replaced with Pao model)
Weapons - E-22 Blaster Rifle, DH17 Pistol
Special - Sonic Imploder, Damage Buff

Medic - Rebel Skin (not included in alpha)
Weapons - DH17 Pistol
Special - AOE health regen, Bacta Grenade

Special - Lakaru rebel (stock wookie in alpha to be replaced by Bistan Model)
Weapons - M45 Heavy Repeater, Modified DH17 Blaster
Special - Remote droid, C25 frag grenade

OF SPECIAL NOTE:

First off please be patient with progress, I work a full time job and still commit to about 6 hours of modding a day however this entire map and all of its assets are being slowly hand made so they can deliver the best quality I can give and at current I am redoing everything by hand and intend to not use any stock models.

This map is intended to try to bring in newer players and older players to a great classic game and give as close to proffesional quality of game play for people to play with.

I AM OPEN TO MODDERS / HELP:

I am always looking for new models and textures, especially since doing it by hand myself has proven to be extremely time consuming.
However if you are looking to donate towards this project a few things to note:
1.) I WILL NOT accept anything ported from other games.
2.) THE MODEL MUST BE made by you, the textures must be made by you, or come with credits from an open source site, 3rd party models must have the modellers express permission before I will use it and I must have contact with the modeller themselves before I will accept it.

THIS WILL BE OPEN SOURCE.
this is intended to be a project to help revive what has been a very great community and game for me by delivering the best quality and a brand new pack of assets for future modders. As such if anyone wishes to donate assets they must first contact me directly and give their personal permission to release their assets along with this map pack. IF YOU WANT TO DONATE BUT DO NOT WANT YOUR ASSETS DISTRIBUTED: I would rather make the asset myself and gaurentee it be free for public use.

DETAILS ABOUT OPEN MAP ALPHA:

Open map test is intended to help me by checking for issues where collision issues exist or AI get stuck. General issues so I can compile a complete list of known issues and fix them. Enjoy your gameplay for now and I will keep you up to date anytime I make an update.

This work in progress will recieve updates from here on in from time to time until the final map is released so pay close attention to the progress.

Post any known issues in this topic so I can review and fix them please. (especially floating trees :s)

LAST UPDATED 11/03/2017

KNOWN ISSUES:
sounds do not work for TIE Reaper / Uwing (working on it)

player skins occasionally will swap to original meshes (this is due to not having player low rez actually modelled yet, ill have this done for full beta)
Flying too close to a landing zone will cause you to automatically land (this deals with AI region)
AI still sometimes get stuck on the way to the objectives near crates (its less frequent) im working on perfecting this, but this will take time.
Lakaru Rebel head mesh appears "off" (this deals with enveloping and how the player skeleton is positioned, im working on new animations for this)
Localization is not done on weapons (these weapons arent permanent so localizing is not worth the extra time)

Some users with Battlefront II Ultimate Pack installed may notice Uwings and Tie Reapers have default skins instead of the new ones... (we all know my views on the Ultimate Pack I am in no rush to fix this)

gameplay from the alpha (thanks to Triforce919 for recording and uploading)
https://www.youtube.com/embed/933SgUWe4xk

Moddb LINK TO MAP: http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-ba ... -map-test1

Credits:

Project Development
Myself: [GT]-Gogie (steam/moddb D.Onizaki) models, textures, map, scripting.
Pandemic: original game, engine, models and textures.

Additional Textures:
Harrisonfog (Gametoast user) Terrain Texture Editing / Recolor
KeivanMereel (Gametoast user) Additional Terrain Textures / Base Textures for Astromech Droids (both Imperial and Rebel)

The photographers at burningwell.org for the use of their original photos in making textures.
Eric Matyas: http://soundimage.org/txr-ground/ (Texture bases used by KeivanMereel)

Youtube / Advertisement
Triforce919 (officially designated Video Maker for the project)
Mikethebeast (additional youtube videos and a huge help showing where my issues are)
BattlefrontJDGamer (Youtube user) huge coverage video, bringing in a number of his subscribers to this project.
The community here at Gametoast for all the support and help throughout the project.
Jared @ SWgameoutpost.com For cover story and news articles on this project (a recommended read)

Version History / Additions:

Alpha Test Release Patch 1 (14/03/2017)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Lakaru Rebel Added (mesh in progress gunna need new animations to fix the way the head operates)
Drabatan Rebel Added

Added Better Handling to TIE Reaper
Added Better Handling to Uwing

Fixed Several collision problems with Blue Crates (you can no longer enter the mesh by jumping on top of them)
Fixed Several collision problems with cylinder crates (you can no longer walk through them)
Fixed Several collision issues with Green crates (you can no longer walk through the middle crate in a mesh)

Cylinder crates should no longer flicker in and out of existance

AI pathing has been improved on and AI should less frequently get stuck on bridges / crates (I hope)

Antenna as seen on the beaches in the movie have been added

Ammo and Health droids have been added

spawn count reduced to default Conquest setting, you can now edit the amount of spawned units.

AI should now land in the landing zones.

Added map boundarys
Last edited by Gogie on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone

Post by Delta-1035 »

I love the look of everything here, can't wait to see more!
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Project looks fantastic and I think it's great that you're open sourcing it! Thanks gogie, looking forward to seeing updates!
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

Oh MYLANTA! Gogieous work as always!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

ARCTroopaNate wrote:Project looks fantastic and I think it's great that you're open sourcing it! Thanks gogie, looking forward to seeing updates!
Thanks for the positive feedback everybody; of special note should anyone need a model you see in this map prior to it's release just ask; I've noticed a huge increase in ports and off site rips since I've been back. I'd be more than happy to share any of my assets if it means people port less
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Wow, I can see you are putting a lot of hard work and dedication into this map by looking at all these nice pictures and descriptions of the units! I am very impressed as well with the handmade objects and vehicles that are being made, very well done! The pictures in a way remind me of GAB's pictures of his Kothlis: Sea Haven 2.0 map but this current map beats it just by a few crumbs! Excellent presentation as well, definitely going to be following this WIP more closely in the coming weeks and months!
Delta327
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Shattered Galaxy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Delta327 »

Nice job, Its been a while since ive been back.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Gogie, very neat map. I'm really happy with your commitment to using your own stuff, and it looks as good as ever.

A few suggestions (/nitpicks):

1) Your Death Star skydome texture(/model? Don't know if it's baked into the skydome texture) looks like it's in front of the clouds. You may need to use a couple skydome models to get a more pleasing effect (I only say this because I've been knocked for the same thing!)
2) The sand overlay on your landing platforms looks really tiled in the views you show. I don't know how often you'll see that from the air in normal gameplay, but it doesn't look great in macro view. Maybe use a separate sand 3d mesh blob that you can raise and lower to give a more varied look?
3) The triangulation on your shuttle isn't playing very nicely with the lighting. Might want to fiddle with that/pre-triangulate!

Looking forward to seeing this one work out!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

This is looking really good!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Maveritchell wrote:Gogie, very neat map. I'm really happy with your commitment to using your own stuff, and it looks as good as ever.

A few suggestions (/nitpicks):

1) Your Death Star skydome texture(/model? Don't know if it's baked into the skydome texture) looks like it's in front of the clouds. You may need to use a couple skydome models to get a more pleasing effect (I only say this because I've been knocked for the same thing!)
2) The sand overlay on your landing platforms looks really tiled in the views you show. I don't know how often you'll see that from the air in normal gameplay, but it doesn't look great in macro view. Maybe use a separate sand 3d mesh blob that you can raise and lower to give a more varied look?
3) The triangulation on your shuttle isn't playing very nicely with the lighting. Might want to fiddle with that/pre-triangulate!

Looking forward to seeing this one work out!
1.) I agree the death star itself will be redone, the sky dome right now is not actually complete its kind of just a "sloppy" look alike for now so I can get a feel for the map itself and the props and how things will blend. I intend to by the finished product have a seperate sky dome with islands / machinery in the front, I want the clouds to move slowly, and possibly have a lower poly model as opposed to just a texture of the death star in the sky (this in part deals with a compaign mode in which I may need to use a death star model itself as part of the sky dome)

2.) I completely agree with the sand overlay, initially when I designed that section I was going for a graphics concept similiar to disney's current style of art, however after modelling the Uwing and characters this style is no longer practical, so I intend to redo all my sand as a whole including on the flooring.

3.) In part this is not actually a triangulation issue; it deals with the model being very sloppy with it's UV map and bump map, I intend to redo the texture as a whole and modify the model later to better integrate its texture... I was really hoping nobody noticed for now >.>

feel free to keep pointing out flaws; The more visually appealing changes I can make the better, especially since i'll have some screens from the sides coming very soon and I want to make sure player models are near perfect.

[EDIT!]

Added a few new screens of the current shore trooper model (still a WIP need to fix some UV/ minor enveloping issues)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Wow, this is incredible work. Can't wait!
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Hey Gogie, thought I would bring this to your attention as I am not sure if you know about this or not. On ModDB somebody leaked your map and released it here and I am not sure if they had your approval of this or not: http://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-side ... ultsidemod
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DylanRocket »

That Shore Trooper looks great!
MikeTheBeast55 wrote:Hey Gogie, thought I would bring this to your attention as I am not sure if you know about this or not. On ModDB somebody leaked your map and released it here and I am not sure if they had your approval of this or not: http://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-side ... ultsidemod
That's not his map, that map's source files were already publicly released a while ago.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:Hey Gogie, thought I would bring this to your attention as I am not sure if you know about this or not. On ModDB somebody leaked your map and released it here and I am not sure if they had your approval of this or not: http://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-side ... ultsidemod
I haven't released any of my assets first off to anybody so there is a zero percent chance anything from this map made it online yet;

Second that's not my work; look at the quality; particularly in the trees; There are definitely noticeable differences in quality.

Edit: when I get home I'll provide a side by side of my model and that shore trooper to show differences to put confusion to rest if need be [edit x2 because auto correct sucks]
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Delta-1035 »

Uh, can't wait to see the new shoretrooper.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Love the look of the map and the shoretrooper. Can't wait for its release.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

just a small update and some references:

basic shoretrooper model/skin:
Hidden/Spoiler:
base off this as reference:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Shoretrooper Squad Leader model/skin:
Hidden/Spoiler:
based off this as reference:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Shoretrooper Captain model/skin:
Hidden/Spoiler:
based off this as reference:
Hidden/Spoiler:
sorry if progress is slow; my textures and models are being made mostly by hand and its a slow process getting all of it ingame; also I haven't modded much of BF2 in close to 6 years so there is a bit of a learning curve while im re-adapting and refreshing my skill set.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Delta-1035 »

At first they looked weird to me, but I'm beginning to like them.

I'd suggest to make the shoulder armor plates bigger and make the outer edge of the visor more round - then they'd be perfect, I think.

Nice work!
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Post by MissingTexture »

For working alone, you're like a one man army :funny2: I love the progress
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2