Scarif Map Pack (v1.0 Beta, 2 Maps Released!)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone (Open Map Test Alpha Relea

Post by CdtFox »

Gogie wrote:im a little annoyed to be honest less than 24 hours after release of the alpha and im already running into people reuploading and taking away from my hits on moddb...

please do not do this

here is a youtube video i found in which the author has effectively stolen my content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqbkZY9znOg

if any spanish players can kindly ask him to either remove his media fire link or to add my links it would be appreciated.... I left a messege myself however im not certain he speaks english.
Nope, he didn't steal any content, let me explain:

This spanish guy has the Star wars BattleFront Ultimate Pack installed on his computer, that's why you can see a new font (that's how you can reconize the pack) and a new loading screen. A friend of mine active on one of the pack 's forum told me that the pack was finished since a few weeks/months and It has not been updated.

As far as i know the pack is like a second game, so people can still install custom maps/mods, but the pack's shell/design will stay. It's a second battlefront 2 in fact.

I wonder if we can do a prevention campaign against this ******* pack, if yes i would love to participate. Just in order to make people play our stuff not the pack.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

CdtFox wrote:Nope, he didn't steal any content, let me explain:
Gogie is upset because that YouTube video has a Mediafire link to download the map. Gogie wants people to visit his ModDB page instead to download.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Post by Gogie »

Teancum wrote:
Gogie is upset because that YouTube video has a Mediafire link to download the map. Gogie wants people to visit his ModDB page instead to download.
exactly and a part of that is reupping my work takes away from the attention of the project as a whole and takes away from what my goals with this project are.

also CdtFox, in my opinion ultimate BF2 is theft.

even if we are not covered under EULA, as a rule of thumb to take another persons work and upload it against their wishes is theft. Consider walking into an art gallery and taking a picture of a really expensive painting and then printing it on canvas, it's basically the same principal.

I realize it seems like a small thing to get upset over, but consider every spare moment of my time is spent working on this to ensure it has the highest wuality that I can give and that I can put a project out in a timely fashion.

Ive managed to make contact with the youtuber who seems fairly Irate that I accused him of theft however he has since added credits:

EDIT: he has since removed his link and instead added the gametoast thread and moddb, an appreciated gesture. I dont mind people displaying and showing my content, I just wanna make sure its being distributed by myself.
Last edited by Gogie on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica

Post by CdtFox »

Teancum wrote:
Ah my bad i didn't see that mediafire link :oops: it explains evrything. did he removed the link now?
also CdtFox, in my opinion ultimate BF2 is theft.
Totally! Me too you can't imagine how i'm tired about this pack, but well i won't say what i think here :? that's why i want to do some sort of prevention campaign on every swbf forums, even Moddb why not.
Ive managed to make contact with the youtuber who seems fairly Irate that I accused him of theft however he has since added credits.
That's pathetic... :runaway:
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Well to get back on track with things everyone can expect to see an update within the next day or 2 to the map (maybe 3 or 4 depending on how long after its uploaded it takes to approve)

The update will include the following:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Fix to cylinder looking crate making it less likely to dissapear (turns out I forgot to put low rez into dummyroot)

Fix to blue box collision so they can no longer be jumped through (thanks to mikethebeast for the video showing this)

fix to several AI stuck spots in the map

AI count will be reduced to default for conquest now (it was raised so players could see AI issues easier)

Fix to collision on large green crates (several of these have places players can walk through)

Fix to Tie Reaper and Uwing flying / handling

Fix to floating trees (CP0 and CP6)
The patch will also replace the bothan spy geometry and wookie geometry with a Drabatan Rebel and a Lakaru Rebel skin. On this note DO NOT EXPECT THESE SKINS TO BE BISTAN/PAO. I say that because although both the Drabatan and Lakaru are based off of the appearance of Pao and Bistan I do not want the models to perfectly resemble them and instead have some features of regular rebels. This is because my planned expansion will feature Era specific heroes for hero assault and I want there to be noticable visual differences between Lakaru / Drabatan players and the respective hero units (see Death trooper skin vs DT-5537 skin post that should give clear reference to the idea)

sneak peak at the Drabatan:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Last edited by Gogie on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delta327
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Shattered Galaxy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by Delta327 »

Nice love the model.
Warregory
Private Second Class
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Warregory »

Gogie wrote:Well to get back on track with things everyone can expect to see an update within the next day or 2 to the map (maybe 3 or 4 depending on how long after its uploaded it takes to approve)

The update will include the following:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Fix to cylinder looking crate making it less likely to dissapear (turns out I forgot to put low rez into dummyroot)

Fix to blue box collision so they can no longer be jumped through (thanks to mikethebeast for the video showing this)

fix to several AI stuck spots in the map

AI count will be reduced to default for conquest now (it was raised so players could see AI issues easier)

Fix to collision on large green crates (several of these have places players can walk through)

Fix to Tie Reaper and Uwing flying / handling

Fix to TIe Reaper and Uwing sounds (uwing will use default firing sound for A wing until I finish making actual sound)

Fix to floating trees (CP0 and CP6)
The patch will also replace the bothan spy geometry and wookie geometry with a Drabatan Rebel and a Lakaru Rebel skin. On this note DO NOT EXPECT THESE SKINS TO BE BISTAN/PAO. I say that because although both the Drabatan and Lakaru are based off of the appearance of Pao and Bistan I do not want the models to perfectly resemble them and instead have some features of regular rebels. This is because my planned expansion will feature Era specific heroes for hero assault and I want there to be noticable visual differences between Lakaru / Drabatan players and the respective hero units (see Death trooper skin vs DT-5537 skin post that should give clear reference to the idea)

sneak peak at the Drabatan:
Hidden/Spoiler:

Hell yeah! Those are some great fixes and additions, Gogie!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Thanks I intend to release this as first patch after more issues are fixed I'll release a second patch including completed sides and weapon models and finished sides then I'll release the beta with game modes I'll keep you guys up to date on when to expect each one
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Excellent, glad to see you are on top of the issues for the map! All in all I feel this alpha test for players to report bugs was a good idea, hope you keep up the continued commitment to the map Gogie, this was an ambitious project which has reaped in great benefits!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

thanks Mike umn so I own a DVD copy so I can't get BF2_Modtools up to take screenshot coordinates for the map so if someone wants to creatively take some camera coordinates (I want about 8 shots so i can swap em out for various modes ect) it would be appreciated :)
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Hopefully this will help you...
[b][color=#FF8000]The FAQ / Everything You Need Thread Version 3.0[/color][/b] wrote:...
Question #4 - I have the CD version of SWBF2 and I get a binkw32.dll error when trying to launch the BF2_modtools.exe, what's wrong?
Answer - The BF2_modtools.exe is the debug executable, copy it from C:\BF2_ModTools and paste it in the same folder as your BattlefrontII.exe, usually:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData
you can launch BF2_modtools.exe and play your map, then exit or let it crash to generate a BFront2.log located in that same folder.
If you encounter a "Please insert CD 1" dialog or have the DVD or digital download version of SWBF2, use THIS modified BF2_modtools.exe
xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO

Post by xezene »

Great map! Plays well, looks well. Feels epic -- I played as the Rebels a bunch of times and it was an uphill battle every time, just like the movie.

Bugs I noticed:
- On Command Post 0, the two stairs leading up to the metal platform above the command post, you can walk right through them. You can't climb them. They are the two stairs facing Command Post 10.
- You can walk right through the door on Command Post 4.
- For some reason I had trouble selecting Command Post 4 to spawn at. Maybe it was my computer, I don't know, but I couldn't select it to spawn there at the menu.

Overall, I think that's pretty much it. Great map. One question -- could you possibly add Rogue One music? I played with the Rogue One music in the background and it became 10x more awesome. Definitely felt more tragic and heroic, especially with the ending tracks of the film and the material from the end of the Scarif fight. I know it's possible to do, as ZoomV did it by adding Old Republic music to his TOR maps, such as on Alderaan: Treefall, and just recently AQT added Dark Forces music to his newly-released Talay Tak Base map. Just would be a cool unique feature of the map.

Anyway, good job and keep up the good work! It's inspiring me to revisit my mod in progress, haha.
Last edited by xezene on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

AQT wrote:Hopefully this will help you...
[b][color=#FF8000]The FAQ / Everything You Need Thread Version 3.0[/color][/b] wrote:...
Question #4 - I have the CD version of SWBF2 and I get a binkw32.dll error when trying to launch the BF2_modtools.exe, what's wrong?
Answer - The BF2_modtools.exe is the debug executable, copy it from C:\BF2_ModTools and paste it in the same folder as your BattlefrontII.exe, usually:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData
you can launch BF2_modtools.exe and play your map, then exit or let it crash to generate a BFront2.log located in that same folder.
If you encounter a "Please insert CD 1" dialog or have the DVD or digital download version of SWBF2, use THIS modified BF2_modtools.exe
thanks AQT thatll make life easier

like to thank everyone again who participated so far ive fixed all issues reported at this point (minus localization) im just modelling one more rebel skin then ill release an update. (could be anywhere from 3-8 hours before a MF link goes up and another day or two before Moddb link)

Edit:
xezene wrote:Great map! Plays well, looks well. Feels epic -- I played as the Rebels a bunch of times and it was an uphill battle every time, just like the movie.

Bugs I noticed:
- On Command Post 0, the two stairs leading up to the metal platform above the command post, you can walk right through them. You can't climb them. They are the two stairs facing Command Post 10.
- You can walk right through the door on Command Post 4.
- For some reason I had trouble selecting Command Post 4 to spawn at. Maybe it was my computer, I don't know, but I couldn't select it to spawn there at the menu.

Overall, I think that's pretty much it. Great map. One question -- could you possibly add Rogue One music? I played with the Rogue One music in the background and it became 10x more awesome. I know it's possible to do, as ZoomV did it by adding Old Republic music to his TOR maps, such as on Alderaan: Treefall, and just recently AQT added Dark Forces music to his newly-released Talay Tak Base map. Just would be a cool unique feature of the map.

Anyway, good job and keep up the good work! It's inspiring me to revisit my mod in progress, haha.
not to shoot down your idea but;

Rogue one music will not be added, this is something believe me I WOULD LOVE TO DO. But unfortunately as this is a part of a large scale expansion im working on I need to ensure that i am not breaking copyright law, and that most importantly I am not causing any conflict with either Disney or EA. So unfortunately unless in the very super extremely rare and unlikely chance a representative from Disney gave me express permission to use their music I will not be adding it.
xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO

Post by xezene »

Gogie wrote:not to shoot down your idea but;

Rogue one music will not be added, this is something believe me I WOULD LOVE TO DO. But unfortunately as this is a part of a large scale expansion im working on I need to ensure that i am not breaking copyright law, and that most importantly I am not causing any conflict with either Disney or EA. So unfortunately unless in the very super extremely rare and unlikely chance a representative from Disney gave me express permission to use their music I will not be adding it.
Ah, makes sense. Since Rogue One and TFA are the newest ones, I can see Disney/EA being more touchy about those than using older music. That's fine -- one can always just mute the music as I did and put the soundtrack on in the background. :) In fact, I'd recommend it.
Triforce919
Private Recruit

Post by Triforce919 »

Hey guys I made a 25 minute play through of the map with appropriate links in the description for both this forum and the moddb page. It's pretty rough, but I made sure to give a pretty broad overview of the stuff added.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=933SgUWe4xk
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Triforce919 wrote:Hey guys I made a 25 minute play through of the map with appropriate links in the description for both this forum and the moddb page. It's pretty rough, but I made sure to give a pretty broad overview of the stuff added.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=933SgUWe4xk

added to front page / first post thanks a ton triforce

[EDIT]: Im zipping and uploading Alpha Release Patch 1 now this should be up within the next day (provided moddb promptly approves it)

This update has the following fixes
Hidden/Spoiler:
Lakaru Rebel Added (mesh in progress gunna need new animations to fix the way the head operates)
Drabatan Rebel Added

Added Better Handling to TIE Reaper
Added Better Handling to Uwing

Fixed Several collision problems with Blue Crates (you can no longer enter the mesh by jumping on top of them)
Fixed Several collision problems with cylinder crates (you can no longer walk through them)
Fixed Several collision issues with Green crates (you can no longer walk through the middle crate in a mesh)

Cylinder crates should no longer flicker in and out of existance

AI pathing has been improved on and AI should less frequently get stuck on bridges / crates (I hope)

Antenna as seen on the beaches in the movie have been added

Ammo and Health droids have been added

spawn count reduced to default Conquest setting, you can now edit the amount of spawned units.

AI should now land in the landing zones.

Added map boundarys
This update post has also been added to front page

Edit 2: moddb link for update is on front page same link as old
Harrisonfog
Private
Projects :: Realistic Rezzed Maps _ HD Graphics Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone (Alpha v1.1 new release)

Post by Harrisonfog »

That's very good work. I have a comment about the visuals...the plants look great but I think the sand color is a bit dark. Scarif had a caribbean look in the movie, with palm trees, crystalline water and clear sand (the sand is clear in caribbean areas because it comes from eroded coral, instead of rock). I thought maybe this concept could be helpful to you, because I'm sure the concept art for Scarif was based on this. If you think about it, it's the first Caribbean-looking planet in SW movies.
You can see this:
looks a lot like this (without Photoshop oversaturation lol):
Image.
You can make a simple clear texture for the sand, and then spray the same texture edited with darker places to add some waves in the sand. You can also do areas with dark spots and pebbles as "foliage", this would be where sand is mixed with dirt. And yes, I have an obsession with visuals. :)
Edit: also, the darker areas in the water could also help to give it that look. Those are either corals or rocks formations, maybe a texture for that too if you have too many objects in the map.
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

Nice work Gogie. The update is fantastic.

Upon my quick play, I've discovered a few issues.

-The Health and Ammo droids disappear if you look at them in a certain way

-The antenna you mentioned in your update post is no where to be seen

-The vehicles seem to still not have sound, I thought that was supposed to be fixed?
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Warregory wrote:Nice work Gogie. The update is fantastic.

Upon my quick play, I've discovered a few issues.

-The Health and Ammo droids disappear if you look at them in a certain way

-The antenna you mentioned in your update post is no where to be seen

-The vehicles seem to still not have sound, I thought that was supposed to be fixed?
1.) Health droids shouldnt dissapear but as a high poly animated prop their low rez is more noticible (this model will be replaced soon anyways) ammo droids im not sure if it doesnt have a lowrez or whats going on with that but thats getting replaced too before the beta.

The antenna is definately there I just loaded the .rar I uploaded. if your not seeing this delete BRS from addon and re-copy and paste
Hidden/Spoiler:
3.) vehicle sounds I still am having difficulty with, sound munge doesnt like this project very much; I can however add custom sounds with ease so be patient because this very likely wont be fixed until im finished making Uwing/tie reaper sounds.

@harrisonfog absolutely id love whatever texture you can muster, a few things, make sure its seamless/tileable for ZE. make sure it looks clean and pretty and make sure the texture is 2048X2048 so it matches my other textures. If you take the base from a free texture site include the site/author for credits please. Id love textures from people as this project is meant to draw attention to get people back into modding. Community contributions are always welcome (provided they are of a certain standard of quality, not too pick on the newer modders, but this is meant to draw attention to the community so I want it to be as good and polished as it can be; also this is not meant to try to sound like an "elitist")
Harrisonfog
Private
Projects :: Realistic Rezzed Maps _ HD Graphics Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by Harrisonfog »

Not at all, I don't think anyone here is "elitist", only experimented. Yes, I am new to modding and to the forum, and what you say about a quality standard is completely valid and I agree 100%, in fact I thank you for answering my message, other experienced modders I conctacted see I'm new and they leave me hanging... but hey, no hard feelings. I just want to get better at this.
I can tweak your base texture (which looks nice as it is) to match the color of the images and make the variations from that base texture. And yes, size 2048X2048. I'll send you a PM, if you think I can give it a try I'll be glad to help you.