Cape tga not changing [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Cape tga not changing [Solved]

Post by SkinnyODST »

I have 2 clone commander msh files and they both have their unique tga skins. For both their armour and their capes. I went into the 2nd commander`s msh file and changed the names for both those things, the armour changes but the cape stays the same as the other (default) commander. All the files are there and the name is definitely been changed, it just won`t use the new cape tga. I encountered this problem before when making a 2nd clone heavy trooper. Even though I changed the msh file it just wouldn`t use the new cape tga.
Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?
Last edited by SkinnyODST on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Re: Cape tga not changing

Post by Gogie »

are you hex editing the new textures in or just using override texture in odf?
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Gogie wrote:are you hex editing the new textures in or just using override texture in odf?
Hex editing. I`m just opening the msh files and renaming the tga references
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

I don't know what your second clone commander MSH is called, but let's say it's called new_inf_clonecommander.msh for demonstration purposes.

In addition to changing the MSH and .tga names, you also need to change the cape NAME to something else that is different from the original. You can find it in the file here:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Let's say you rename the NAME to new_inf_clonecommander_cape. That would mean you have to create another cape ODF called new_inf_clonecommander_cape.odf with the following content:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code][GameObjectClass]
ClassLabel = "cloth"

[Properties]
attachedmesh = "new_inf_clonecommander"[/code]
Then in your second clone commander ODF, you change/add in the following line under Properties:

Code: Select all

ClothODF                = "new_inf_clonecommander_cape"
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Ok it works now! I actually had to change the other "rep_inf_clonecommander_cape.tga" right below the one you highlighted. I renamed that one and it works now! Thanks for your help AQT!