Scarif Map Pack (v1.0 Beta, 2 Maps Released!)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

KeivanMereel
Private Recruit

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone (Alpha v1.1 new release)

Post by KeivanMereel »

Love your collaborative philosophy on this and happy to be a part of it.

I did a bit of searching, and found a site where a guy has some seamless sand textures that look like they'll fit the bill, or could easily be tweaked:

http://soundimage.org/txr-ground/ by Eric Matyas
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Comparison screencaps:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Scarif without trees render!
Last edited by KeivanMereel on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Post by Gogie »

Harrisonfog wrote:Not at all, I don't think anyone here is "elitist", only experimented. Yes, I am new to modding and to the forum, and what you say about a quality standard is completely valid and I agree 100%, in fact I thank you for answering my message, other experienced modders I conctacted see I'm new and they leave me hanging... but hey, no hard feelings. I just want to get better at this.
I can tweak your base texture (which looks nice as it is) to match the color of the images and make the variations from that base texture. And yes, size 2048X2048. I'll send you a PM, if you think I can give it a try I'll be glad to help you.
here is the texture itself have fun lemme know how it goes
Hidden/Spoiler:
Warregory
Private Second Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Warregory »

Gogie wrote:
Warregory wrote:Nice work Gogie. The update is fantastic.

Upon my quick play, I've discovered a few issues.

-The Health and Ammo droids disappear if you look at them in a certain way

-The antenna you mentioned in your update post is no where to be seen

-The vehicles seem to still not have sound, I thought that was supposed to be fixed?
1.) Health droids shouldnt dissapear but as a high poly animated prop their low rez is more noticible (this model will be replaced soon anyways) ammo droids im not sure if it doesnt have a lowrez or whats going on with that but thats getting replaced too before the beta.

The antenna is definately there I just loaded the .rar I uploaded. if your not seeing this delete BRS from addon and re-copy and paste
Hidden/Spoiler:
3.) vehicle sounds I still am having difficulty with, sound munge doesnt like this project very much; I can however add custom sounds with ease so be patient because this very likely wont be fixed until im finished making Uwing/tie reaper sounds.

@harrisonfog absolutely id love whatever texture you can muster, a few things, make sure its seamless/tileable for ZE. make sure it looks clean and pretty and make sure the texture is 2048X2048 so it matches my other textures. If you take the base from a free texture site include the site/author for credits please. Id love textures from people as this project is meant to draw attention to get people back into modding. Community contributions are always welcome (provided they are of a certain standard of quality, not too pick on the newer modders, but this is meant to draw attention to the community so I want it to be as good and polished as it can be; also this is not meant to try to sound like an "elitist")
Thanks for responding, Gogie.

About the antenna, I found it, and it's there. I thought by antenna, you meant that huge one seen in the reveal trailer for Rogue One, not something small.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Warregory wrote:
About the antenna, I found it, and it's there. I thought by antenna, you meant that huge one seen in the reveal trailer for Rogue One, not something small.
wait what antenna is that from the trailer? If its huge I might want to add it
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

Gogie wrote:
Warregory wrote:
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Warregory wrote:
Gogie wrote:
Warregory wrote:
it looks like that might be just the early concept art from the citadel, which although makes me hesitant to add it makes me kind of want to add it into the cargo zone map (Book reference is The Art of Rogue One A Star Wars Story by Josh Kushins, anyone who owns the book picture is on page 204)
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

Gogie wrote:
Warregory wrote:
Gogie wrote:
Warregory wrote:
it looks like that might be just the early concept art from the citadel, which although makes me hesitant to add it makes me kind of want to add it into the cargo zone map (Book reference is The Art of Rogue One A Star Wars Story by Josh Kushins, anyone who owns the book picture is on page 204)
Yeah, I know about the concept art thing. Still, I'd love to see it added in a map, be it Landing Zone or any of your future Scarif maps. Would add a bit of flavor; that is my opinion, at least!
clonetrooper163
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: CSGO

Post by clonetrooper163 »

Gogie wrote:
Warregory wrote:
Gogie wrote:
Warregory wrote:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/vLFzels.png[img]
It's been revealed that early on in the movie they took the Com Tower and had it separated from the citadel and was going to have the Rogue One crew run across to it from the citadel but decided they needed to shorten the 3rd act of the movie so they put the Com Tower on top of the citadel.
Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Just some little things
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and EAW

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

Some bugs:

You should double check that all the units have their award weapons, cause a lot of them don't.

Also, the very top center point of the sky is really weird looking. It stretches really awkwardly, you can get a good look at it from a vehicle.

I've said this before but you should really look into adding some diversity to the units when you get the chance. I understand if it may not be a priority, but they're just really bland right now. Almost all of them have a pistol and/or rifle and adding in some new weapons would make things way more interesting.

Oh and you should also greatly reduce the health on those cargo ships, they take way too long to destroy and a lot of the ai just end up shooting at them, but never dealing any real damage. Even the rockets do like nothing.

Anyways I'm really liking this new patch, thanks for all the hard work!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Sandtrooper956 wrote:Some bugs:

You should double check that all the units have their award weapons, cause a lot of them don't.

Also, the very top center point of the sky is really weird looking. It stretches really awkwardly, you can get a good look at it from a vehicle.

I've said this before but you should really look into adding some diversity to the units when you get the chance. I understand if it may not be a priority, but they're just really bland right now. Almost all of them have a pistol and/or rifle and adding in some new weapons would make things way more interesting.

Oh and you should also greatly reduce the health on those cargo ships, they take way too long to destroy and a lot of the ai just end up shooting at them, but never dealing any real damage. Even the rockets do like nothing.

I've been focusing on skinning the sides and finishing the map; sides will have new weapons (high Rez meshes are taking some time to develope)

The new finished sides will be show cased in the 1.2 patch (which I've mentioned before)

New game modes will be introduced during the beta

I like the think I work quickly so expect the 1.2 patch to be released in the next week or two ill keep up to date and let you guys know more as it develops;

The full beta will be released and is planned to release shortly before rogue one hits stores.

These alphas are meant to get my problems hammered out so I can release in time for the movie; as I see the movies release as the best time for us to get the popularity ball rolling on this project.
Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Just some little things
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and EAW

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

Gogie wrote:
Sandtrooper956 wrote:Some bugs:

I've been focusing on skinning the sides and finishing the map; sides will have new weapons (high Rez meshes are taking some time to develope)

The new finished sides will be show cased in the 1.2 patch (which I've mentioned before)

I like the think I work quickly so expect the 1.2 patch to be released in the next week or two ill keep up to date and let you guys know more as it develops;

The full beta will be released and is planned to release shortly before rogue one hits stores.

These alphas are meant to get my problems hammered out so I can release in time for the movie; as I see the movies release as the best time for us to get the popularity ball rolling on this project.
Ah sorry, didn't see you had mentioned you weren't completely done with the sides. I'm glad to help finding things in the alpha here, and sorry if you already knew about this stuff.
Harrisonfog
Private
Projects :: Realistic Rezzed Maps _ HD Graphics Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by Harrisonfog »

I'm sending you a link with the new base texture (I rushed it so I could show you how it looks today, but it can be further improved!). If you like it I can create the variations.
This is how it looks in game (the map is clearly hoth):
Maybe it needs a little more saturation but I did it pale so you get the idea...
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

Harrisonfog wrote:I'm sending you a link with the new base texture (I rushed it so I could show you how it looks today, but it can be further improved!). If you like it I can create the variations.
This is how it looks in game (the map is clearly hoth):
Maybe it needs a little more saturation but I did it pale so you get the idea...
This is totally off topic, but a sandy Hoth map would be cool as hell.

Is it possible to release it as a map?
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Gogie wrote:The new finished sides will be show cased in the 1.2 patch (which I've mentioned before)

This is what I will be looking forward to the most. People who know me via my YouTube channel know I LOVE custom sides! New game modes are also one of my favorites too since I do get sick of the "Conquest" mode and want to try something new. This is something I need to keep an eye out for!
KeivanMereel
Private Recruit

Post by KeivanMereel »

Tried out the map just now, and here are my notes, ranked from highest gameplay priority to lowest:

Troopers (both Imp & Rebel) entering and immediatelly leaving dropships (Reapers & U-wing). It's like an endless cycle of people falling out the back of the vehicle. They get caught in this loop and don't notice the enemy.

Dropship blasters aren't effective enough against the destroyable cargo shuttle CPs. If 3 X-Wings can take out an AT-ACT in a single strafe, a dropship blaster ought to pack at least the same punch as an infantry rocket. Right now it seems to have the damage of a grenade, or less.

Hitbox for cargo shuttle CPs needs work. It only seems to take damage on the ship itself (and inconsistently at that), and not on the cargo it carries underneath. The ship is too tall to slap detpacks onto the cargo from the sides. It's pretty awesome when it blows though.

Firing underneath platforms is often ineffective from a higher vantage point, and AI often gets stuck under the stairs. I clearly have a bead on them, but the reticule isn't red, and when I fire, the bolts hit the invisible bounding box.

A few disappearing object issues:
CP5 disappears when standing at 7oclock (if entrance is 12)
Ammo droid outside CP5 disappears when looking 7 oclock
Disappearing platforms near CP5

Landing platforms often turn white when approaching them to land. LOD issue?

All in all though, this has a ton of work put into it so far and has decent gameplay as is. I'm excited to see what it's like when it's more polished!
xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO

Post by xezene »

Gogie wrote:
Warregory wrote:
Gogie wrote:
Warregory wrote:
That footage is from the original ending of Rogue One before reshoots dramatically changed the ending. After I saw the film, I noticed serious discrepancies with much of the earlier footage released, so I looked into it. As time went on, I did a lot of extensive research into this, and it looks like EA's Rogue One mission is more or less what the original final sequence was -- a mad dash out of the Imperial Base with the plans, then a dash across the water amidst firing AT-ACT's, and then to the antenna to transmit, then to where the ship was waiting to leave. That was the original ending, and a great deal of the ending concerned itself with the chase from Base to beach through water to the antenna.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

KeivanMereel wrote:Tried out the map just now, and here are my notes, ranked from highest gameplay priority to lowest:

Troopers (both Imp & Rebel) entering and immediatelly leaving dropships (Reapers & U-wing). It's like an endless cycle of people falling out the back of the vehicle. They get caught in this loop and don't notice the enemy.

Dropship blasters aren't effective enough against the destroyable cargo shuttle CPs. If 3 X-Wings can take out an AT-ACT in a single strafe, a dropship blaster ought to pack at least the same punch as an infantry rocket. Right now it seems to have the damage of a grenade, or less.

Hitbox for cargo shuttle CPs needs work. It only seems to take damage on the ship itself (and inconsistently at that), and not on the cargo it carries underneath. The ship is too tall to slap detpacks onto the cargo from the sides. It's pretty awesome when it blows though.

Firing underneath platforms is often ineffective from a higher vantage point, and AI often gets stuck under the stairs. I clearly have a bead on them, but the reticule isn't red, and when I fire, the bolts hit the invisible bounding box.

A few disappearing object issues:
CP5 disappears when standing at 7oclock (if entrance is 12)
Ammo droid outside CP5 disappears when looking 7 oclock
Disappearing platforms near CP5

Landing platforms often turn white when approaching them to land. LOD issue?

All in all though, this has a ton of work put into it so far and has decent gameplay as is. I'm excited to see what it's like when it's more polished!
thank you, I am working to fix these issues for the next patch

as for sides: storm trooper is nearly complete sorry next patch may take a while as I am remodelling and adjusting every weapon on every unit to more match with the movies and still maintain some balance:

Storm trooper as Planned:
Primary Weapon: E11 Blaster Rifle
Secondary Weapon: SE14r Blaster Pistol (Single Shot)
Special: Thermal Detonator

Trooper has recieved a energy boost and will recover energy faster after sprinting, our infantry class will be meant to cover ground quickly and get between objective to objective, however it is planned to have average health / defense / damage capability.

Award Weapons have recieved a small change for the map: award weapons will not longer lock out and give an over powered weapon, instead both the original and award form of each weapon will be available. Award weapons will now function as a new weapon mode for each weapon they will share ammo as well to give the impression you are using the same weapon.

Award weapons:
E11 Blaster Rifle (Stock Extended): takes the stock mount from the E11 and uses it as a shoulder mount, this will decrease the spread of the E11 and increase the weapons stability / range. Damage values (as with all reward weapons) have increase very very slightly to give the impression its still an award.

SE14r Blaster Pistol (Tri-Shot) : will give players the three shot burst mode on the SE14r Pistol, although this will increase the amount of damage you can do, it will also increase weapon heat generation (single shot mode will overheat less quickly).

Changes to the Thermal Detonator: the red crown effect will be removed from the thermal detonator, I dunno to me this effect always felt out of place, 1 because you can easily detect when an enemy throws one, and b) because the effect itself doesn't exist itself in the cinematic movies. Further more the Thermal Detonator will no longer stick, its not a stick grenade its always been a little weird to be that this has been the case in battlefront. There will be future grenades that can stick to vehicles on other classes (demolitions)

A few screen caps to keep interest:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Original E11 Blaster (Stock)

The Remodeled E11 Blaster to match more of the movie effect:

The Remodeled E11 Blaster with Extended Stock
Ill post more as I modify more sides:

a few ideas planned out so far: heavy rifle will be more balanced (details on this to come), auto turret from engineer will recieve a boost, as well will be remodeled (boost is due to the fact the engineer should feel like a builder class and otherwise engineers weapons will be under powered) Pilot will recieve a deployable astromech droid for quick vehicle repair (remember pilots are meant to feel like a pilot not like a soldier)

stay tuned ill give more updates as they come
Harrisonfog
Private
Projects :: Realistic Rezzed Maps _ HD Graphics Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by Harrisonfog »

Yeah! Everything is great... and wow, I wanted to see how my textures looked in the map, it's cool, I'm working on a texture that's even better plus other 2, that I'll send it to you tonight. Good job Gogie!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

So a few updates to the plans of the sides as is:

Infantry Class:
Hidden/Spoiler:
This class is being built around focusing on fighting on the battlefield, it has the most balance out of the classes and is the least specialized of the classes, this unit is meant to be particularly decent at taking out other infantry units and can provide some explosive support for destroying objectives using thermal detonators.

Traits: Moderate Moving Speed, Moderate Health, Moderate Damage, Increased Energy

Weapons
Primary Weapon: (Empire will be E11 Blaster / Rebellion Will be A280C Blaster)
This blaster will have a moderate rate of fire and damage ratio, will be more effective against infantry than any other targets (this recieves decreased damage against Vehicles and Buildings)

Secondary: (Empire will be SE-14r Pistol / Rebellion Will be DH17 Pistol)
This pistol has a single tap trigger, has ammo added (will no longer be infinite) and may also overheat (this recieves moderate damage against infantry and a reduced damage against vehicles and buildings it is only a pistol afterall)

Special: Thermal Detonator
Will cause damage to all units caught in the explosion, as with the stock thermal detonator, however it will now have a small blinking light attached instead of a red glow. The Thermal detonator is no longer a sticky grenade and will bounce off targets so be careful where you are throwing

AWARD weapons
Primary Weapon: (Empire will be E11 With Stock extended / Rebellion Will be A280C Blaster with stock extended)
You can sacrifice your rate of fire to an increase in damage and accuracy with this enabled, this will share weapon ammo with the regular blaster now to give the impression that it is a different mode rather than a award weapon.

Secondary Weapon: (Empire will be SE14r w/ 3 shot burst / Rebellion Will be DH17 w/ 3 shot burst)
You can now fire more rapidly with the pistol in 3 shot bursts. However be careful with this increased rate of fire your heat generation increases as well and your pistol will overheat faster.
Demolitions Class
Hidden/Spoiler:
This class is being built around destroying both vehicles and target buildings (objectives), this unit will fight with Ion based ammunition and will do increased damage, however will recieve a decrease to movement speed.

Traits: Decreased Movement Speed, Moderate Health, Increased Damage (vs buildings / Vehicles), Moderate Energy
Weapons
Primary Weapon: (Empire will be DLT-19 Heavy Blaster / Rebellion Will be A-300 Blaster)
This weapon although having a high rate of fire uses Ion shots, it deals increased damage against vehicles, shields and buildings, however it deals less damage against infantry units, be careful as you may find yourself out gunned easily.

Secondary Weapon: (Empire / Rebellion will be Rocket Launcher with Ion Torpedo)
This weapon will launch an ion torpedo capable of locking onto enemy vehicles, although this weapon can deal massive damage to enemy vehicles as it is ion based it deals decreased damage against infantry.

Special: Explosive Charge (reskinned to be more closer resemble the charges used on Endor)
These are an all around damage charge, they are remote activated charges that will deal massive damage to infantry, vehicles and buildings.

AWARD Weapons:
Primary Weapon: (Empire will be DLT-19 Overload Shot / Rebellion Will be A-300 Overload shot)
This weapon can be charged over a period of 5 seconds to deal its entire clip in damage, this is extremely useful for walking into hard to handle situations and not having to stand and fire at an object instead going in prepared.

Rocket launcher has no award weapon as of yet, im thinking of something creative to add here :roll:
Scout
Hidden/Spoiler:
The scout class is meant to serve as a long range anti infantry unit, having sniping capabilities this unit will recieve an increase to damage against other units, however will have decreased damage against buildings and vehicles.

Traits: Increased Speed, Increased Damage vs Infantry, Decreased Damage vs Vehicles/Buildings, Decreased Health, Increased Energy

Weapons
Primary Weapon: (Empire will be DLT-19X / Rebellion will be Sniper configured A-300)
This allows both the A-300 and DLT-19 to expend their entire charge to deal damage, the weapons have been refitted with sniper scopes and are perfect for picking off infantry.

Secondary: (Empire will be SE-14r Pistol / Rebellion Will be DH17 Pistol)
This pistol has a single tap trigger, has ammo added (will no longer be infinite) and may also overheat (this recieves moderate damage against infantry and a reduced damage against vehicles and buildings it is only a pistol afterall)

Special: Trip Mines
This will be a anti personnel mine, that can be placed and left with only a faint green glow as an indicator it is easy to attack other infantry with these, these deal huge amounts of damage vs other units, however deal decreased damage against vehicles and other buildings.

AWARD Weapons
Primary Weapon: (Empire will be DLT-19X w/ Carbine configuration / Rebellion will be Carbine configured A-300)
This will allow the sniper rifle to enter a semi-automatic mode of fire, allowing for four focused shots from the rifle, these shots as they expend less of the total charge will deal less damage however allow for a higher rate of fire for the right situation using rifle from its standard configuration

Secondary Weapon: (Empire will be SE14r w/ 3 shot burst / Rebellion Will be DH17 w/ 3 shot burst)
You can now fire more rapidly with the pistol in 3 shot bursts. However be careful with this increased rate of fire your heat generation increases as well and your pistol will overheat faster.
Engineer
Hidden/Spoiler:
The engineer is now built to be less of a damage class and more of a builder class, this class although perhaps in the alpha may not seem like much, will play a vital role in game modes as they are finished. The engineer class in itself still remains immune to mines and is the only class capable of disarming them.

Traits: Moderate Speed, Decreased Damage, Increased Health, Moderate Energy

Weapons
Primary Weapon: (Empire will be SE-14r Pistol / Rebellion Will be DH17 Pistol)

Secondary Weapon: Repair Kit
The repair kit will be used by the engineer to repair buildings / turrets this will be a vital role in the Base Assault game mode, This kit can also be used to disarm mines.

Special: Anti-Infantry Turret
The engineer will be able to place a mobile anti infantry auto turret to help make up for its lack of combat ability, this will be the same anti infantry turret used by the bases in base assault to give the impression to people that the engineer can build and place the additional turret to aid where they want

AWARD weapons
Primary Weapon: (Empire will be SE14r w/ 3 shot burst / Rebellion Will be DH17 w/ 3 shot burst)
Pilot
Hidden/Spoiler:
The pilot is meant to feel like a specialized class specifically for flying and operating vehicles, its repair kit will be able to repair objects however it will repair a much slower rate than that of the engineer. its lack of combat ability is made up for by its ability to repair its own ships while flying.

Weapons

Secondary Weapon: Pilot Repair Kit
This repair kit will repair vehicles and is equipped to do so at a moderate rate, it will be able to repair turrets and buildings but at a very much so decreased rate.

Special: Astromech droid
The astro mech droid will be a deployable unit for quick repair, this is intended to only be able to repair vehicles, however it will do so at a very quick rate.

AWARD weapons:
Primary Weapon: (Empire will be SE14r w/ 3 shot burst / Rebellion Will be DH17 w/ 3 shot burst)
Medic
Hidden/Spoiler:
The medic class is meant more to support and maintain the infantry fighting on the field, despite having a very low combat ability the medic is able to patch up and provide constant health to the units it fights along side.

Traits: Increased Speed, Decreased Damage, Increased Health, Decreased Energy

Weapons

Special:
Bacta Bomb: a quick grenade to patch up and heal nearby allies, this will instantly heal all allies within a certain radius.

Health Regeneration: much like the bothan spys default ability this will provide and area of effect buff to all allies nearby and provide a small heal over time effect.

Med pack: a dispensible med pack will be available to drop on the ground for allies to pick up and help to provide a quick fix when other resources are unavailable, be careful though, this package may also be picked up by the enemy

AWARD weapons:
Officer
Hidden/Spoiler:
The officer is the first of the field leader classes, it recieves a stronger skill set than the other classes however only two of this class may be on the field at a time, additionally they require a minimum set of 16 points to unlock.

Traits: Moderate Speed, Increased Damage, Moderate Health, Increased Energy

Weapons:
Primary Weapon: (Empire will be E-22 Blaster, Rebellion will be a blaster model based on Paos blaster which appears to not have a source name)
this blaster will recieve a slightly higher rate of fire than the E11 and an extended clip, dealing slightly higher damage its primary target will be infantry units however it will not recieve as large of a decrease in damage to vehicles or buildings.

Secondary weapon: (Empire will be SE-14r Pistol / Rebellion Will be DH17 Pistol)

Special: Thermal Imploder
This grenade type weapon will create a vacuum to implode objects around it dealing massive damage in an area, this will have a slightly larger damage radius than that of the typical thermal detonator and a slight increase to damage, as with the thermal detonator the thermal imploder will not stick to surfaces.

AWARD Weapons:
Primary Weapon: (Impire will be Tibana infused E22 / Rebellion Will be Paos Blaster, With tibana infusion)
This weapon has been upgraded to recieve a tibana infused shot and will deal increased damage, however this also drastically increases heat generation and will cause the weapon to overheat faster, due to the explosive shot of this weapon it recieves no penalty and can deal increased damage to vehicles and buildings.

Specialist
Hidden/Spoiler:
The specialist is will be the most well rounded class, suitable for most combat roles (the queen in chess if you will) it recieves the highest number of bonuses however will only be unlockable by earning 32 points and will only be able to have 1 unit on the field at a time

Traits: Increased Speed, Moderate Health, Increased Damage, Increased Energy

Weapons:
Primary Weapon: (Empire will be E11-D / Rebellion will be Modified DH17 blaster rifle)
This weapon will recieve an increased damage ratio and a slight increase to range and rate of fire, as a penalty it will also have a heat generation cap to prevent over power the unit itself.

Secondary Weapon (Empire will be Modified SE14-r 3 shot burst / Rebellion will be Modified DH17 pistol 3 shot burst)
this modified version of the pistol feature the same base damage as the regular award version of the pistols however the heat generation is modified to better handle, and the weapon although still may overheat will do so less frequently.

Special:
Poison
This unit will be able to quickly activate an Area of effect / damage over time poison effect to other units in the area much like the default magna gaurd.

C-25 Frag grenade
This grenade much like the thermal imploder will deal considerably more damage than a standard thermal detonator, in addition this is the only grenade class planned to be able to stick to objects.

AWARD weapons
Primary Weapon: (Empire will be E-22 Ion shot / Rebel will be DH17 Rifle Ion shot)
The weapons ammo will change its type to ion ammunition maintain its damage ratio and rate of fire however will become less effective against infantry and recieve a bonus to damage against vehicles, buildings and shields.
a few screen shots from the works in progress:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Keep up to date all these sides and weapons are being added coming this week to the ALPHA patch (version 1.2)
all files for the weapons have been done I just need to finish modelling a few of them (which for me modelling takes less time than the odf work, I secretly suck at that)

Further more prepare for the Open Beta release to come shortly after featuring an all new game mode: Base Assault
the premise of Base Assault:
This will be a conquest variant with a large number of twists

Every command post will feature several buildables (this is where the engineer comes in)
A combination of AA turrets, Anti infantry turrets (on some maps vehicle turrets)
Shield Generators / Fortified Walls
Kolto Tanks (to replace medical droids) and weapon Caches (to replace those out of place Gonk Droids)

You win by scoring points, destroying turrets and objectives built around the base will increase your score, however killing enemy units will also increase your score. This gives it also a death match sort of feels.

You can also alternatively win by capturing all the bases just like in regular conquest!

The demolitions class and engineer class are intended to take a huge role here however they are intended to be underpowered compared to the rest of the infantry classes to slow down their progres.. Again this is intended to be release in the Open Beta comine early April so stayed tuned in!

[EDIT]: slightly after a week of the first version of the Alpha's release the map has reached 1100 downloads; Thanks to everyone (especially all you youtubers, and SWgameoutpost.com) for making this map a success in such a short time frame.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

I really like these setups, every class sounds unique!
The only thing that IMO could be improved is to not give to 3 classes (eng,pilot and medic) the same pistol as a primary weapon.