Scarif Map Pack (v1.0 Beta, 2 Maps Released!)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

KeivanMereel
Private Recruit

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone (Alpha v1.1 new release)

Post by KeivanMereel »

The Pilot astromechs are going to be cool. It would be an interesting experiment to see how it would work if the droids were not deployable, but followed the pilots around and needed to be protected, just like in the movies.

Also looking forward to seeing how the Imperial droids will look different. A shiny black, silver, and red unit would be cool.

Having the model (R2, R4, R5, BB) and paint job somewhat randomized for each pilot would be extra cool.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I can not wait for the next update to this already awesome map! Base assault I believe is going to be a big success since it is the first of its kind when it comes to game modes! Will there be any other new game modes being added in when the map has a final release?
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Post by Gogie »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:I can not wait for the next update to this already awesome map! Base assault I believe is going to be a big success since it is the first of its kind when it comes to game modes! Will there be any other new game modes being added in when the map has a final release?
There are several planned that havent been touched in terms of scripting yet

to help bring back online play (so far a lack of people play online due to lag) I intend to make a "Raid Mode" as well, this again is planned but not started yet, this will be a very difficult variant of campaign with no AI bots on the players team, it will be designed for 3 or more players and will have similairities to other games fire fight missions. The intention here is that we really dont have online coop missions, and this targets those players that want coop instead of VS...

a few CTF variants have been thought of as well but nothing is for certain.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
1.2 Is now Available:

All sides weapons have been changed around and includes several new weapons;
Award weapons now will not lock weapons and instead will function as a seperate weapon mode
player meshes should no longer snap back to vanilla
added the medic class and many more changes :) lemme know what you guys think (moddb link on front page)

Remember during game play sides revisions are based around class specific game play, team work is required so make sure you put that f4 button to good use and take some fellow soldiers with you.

Keep and eye out for the Beta coming in April featuring new game modes as well as some classic game modes :)
Harrisonfog
Private
Projects :: Realistic Rezzed Maps _ HD Graphics Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone V1.2 Released!

Post by Harrisonfog »

Any news on the map?? I want to try the latest version!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

1.2 was made available last night (yay I no longer have to wait for approval on moddb) this may be last update until beta I'm undecided there may be a quick patch for game modes and to adjust the sniper rifle
xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by xezene »

Played 1.2. Great job. Tightened up a bunch of things. AI is smarter -- a whole squad of stormtroopers with me actually helped out at a lot! Honorary trooper GQ 449 ended up becoming a war hero at my side, with at least 13 kills. Anyway -- Battles are better, action is more dynamic, everything seems better. Only complaint -- seems much harder for the Empire to win now, but I don't know why? Played as both sides, Rebels won handily both times. Before it was more of a struggle for them to win. Just something I noticed in my own gameplay.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Glad to see Version 1.2 has released, definitely will be looking at the new weapons and any other bugs that the map still has. I am pretty doubtful there are any since you probably fixed about 99% of the problems with the map by now.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:Glad to see Version 1.2 has released, definitely will be looking at the new weapons and any other bugs that the map still has. I am pretty doubtful there are any since you probably fixed about 99% of the problems with the map by now.
There's still a few issues stuck spots aren't very common now but a few near on of the bridges exist; the ai jump over the crates but that's intentional I've added the jump connection so the ai on the upper levels of the landing areas don't get stuck;

The sniper rifle does more damage than expected I forgot to lower the damage by 1/4 before I exported;

The astro mech disappears due to no lowrez; and moves too fast, and it's camera can glitch too close when under a landing zone (camera issue is actually not fixable I've tried) also it shouldn't have a bomb as a secondary; that's going to be replaced by a small shock ability

I have all the stock game modes ready ( 1 flag, 2 flag, xl, tdm, conquest) im working on base mode added to ctf modes which is mostly working im remodelling some turret meshes;

I am having a little trouble getting base assault working mostly because I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to get the turrets to either swap teams or be destroyed when another team takes a command post but I'm confident this problem can be resolved... Just doing a little research and brushing up on my lua.

Sounds still aren't working for the air units; I've tried multiple tutorials none of which are working but I'm sure this issue will be resolved with time .
willkilla
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: bf2

Post by willkilla »

The map has really come a long way. It looks and plays fantastic. The only thing I can think of is that the best 2 classes for each side are all too powerful, 1 shotting everything with near infinite clips. And the reinforcement count is low so the game ends quickly. With those 2 minor adjustments this map could turn into an amazing battle with sides shifting around the command posts.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

So with my script finally working I have a few object placements to go;

Here are the final details behind the Base Assault Game Mode:

Each team must fight to take down the others main base: use your engineers to build and fortify your defenses, The first team to either reach the point limit or capture the others main base wins.

Each base will have anti-infantry turrets (6 of them) that your engineers can build around the base to help hold off enemies.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Each base can also build anti-air turrets designed to help take out enemy flyers (3 per main base)
Hidden/Spoiler:
To help your troops you can build Kolto tanks for health and Ammo crates for Ammunition.
Hidden/Spoiler:
To prevent enemies from taking control of your base, you can build fortification (fortification prevents entry to the Base as an extra line of defense)
Hidden/Spoiler:
A further line of defense can be found at the back of each base, you can build a shield generator to help prevent air units from destroying your fortification, kolto tanks and ammo caches. However troops can walk right through the shield and attack your fortification so keep your defenses up.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Along with the Main Bases, there are outposts; outposts are capturable command posts with only 2 anti-infantry turrets, 1 anti-air turret, and a kolto and ammunition station at each out post.

Here is a breakdown of how to earn points in Base Assault:

1 Kill = 1 Point
Anti-Infantry Turret = 2 points
Anti-Air Turret = 2 points
Kolto Tank = 2 points
Ammo Crate = 2 points
Shield Generator = 6 points
Fortification = 6 points
Capturing an outpost = 8 points
Capturing a Base = victory

As well as points instead of destroying the enemies defenses at outposts you can instead to choose to take over the outpost and take control of all the items attached to that outpost, if you do, you will not have to build new items and all defenses immediately go under your control. However you also do not gain points for the defenses you could have killed.

Im finished scripting most of this, im finishing moving some things on the map around to accomodate this game mode, you can expect to see Base Assault launch by the end of the weekend.

Please note: many of these meshes are temporary, I intend to release better higher quality models once Base Assault is out of the testing phase, you should expect to see higher quality models by the release of the second map Scarif: Cargo Zone (which is now in production)
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

That is absolutely amazing work, Gogie.

I cannot wait to test it. Hopefully your base building game mode inspires other modders to make similar maps.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone Base Assault V1.3

Post by Gogie »

Just finished the update introducing the Base Assault mode (available at download link bottom of first post, same moddb link as before)

Lemme know what you all think and if there are any issues with the game mode...

TDM is in there as well... this was unintentional i forgot to remove it from the addme, but oh well another gamemode to preview.

Known Issues: Vehicles havent made it in to base assault yet. This will be released in the full Beta next week.
Harrisonfog
Private
Projects :: Realistic Rezzed Maps _ HD Graphics Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by Harrisonfog »

Gogie you did a great job! The map is so cool and now with the new game modes it's truly amazing!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Thanks Harrison;

so after everyone has tested base assault hopefully I can work out any bugs that exist / balance a bit for the beta next week.

Things to look forward to in the Beta:

another new game mode: Intel Recovery
This will be a 2 flag CTF variant incorporating elements of our current Base assault mode, The outposts will still be able to be captured and used to assist in holding your ground as you make your way to the enemies base. You will have to break the enemies bases fortification and steal the plans hidden in their base, then take the plans to the comm tower to end the game.

yet another new game mode: Bombardment
This will be a 1 flag CTF variant incorporating elements of our current Base assault mode, The outposts will still be able to be captured and used to hold your ground and progress foward. With an imperial Star Destroyer in orbit, the empire needs co-ordinates to begin a bombardment of the rebel base. In this mode the empire and rebels with both fight over a single beacon located at the comm tower, Place this beacon at the front of the enemies base to order the star destroyer in orbit to bombard the base.

The return of a few classic game modes:
1 Flag CTF
2 Flag CTF

And finally: the following game modes will have XL variants for the users that wanted to see more bots on the battlefield
Team Death Match XL
Base Assault XL
Intel Recovery XL
Bombardment XL

Also expected in the Beta:
Heroes! Many people have been calling for these for a while, well they are almost here, On the rebellion side we have Jyn Erso, Wearing the ground crew armor but with no helmet, a nod to Scarif in Rogue One. Director Krennic will make his appearance as the Villain in this map, the choice for these heroes was based off of popular opinion within the community (I still would have prefered DT5537 / Baze for ground battles).

Keep up to date! The Beta is expected next week.
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

Gogie wrote: (I still would have prefered DT5537 / Baze for ground battles).

Hey, you do know you can have multiple heroes that randomly rotate, right? Dark Times does it, and I'm sure a few other mods do it too.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Warregory wrote:
Gogie wrote: (I still would have prefered DT5537 / Baze for ground battles).

Hey, you do know you can have multiple heroes that randomly rotate, right? Dark Times does it, and I'm sure a few other mods do it too.
I'm thinking of something a little different, something new (once I have more heroes modelled ofcourse). Since Space Scarif will be on the back burner while I do a ground to space Scarif instead I was thinking something more along the lines of, you do a certain objective, or capture a certain point and it unlocks a certain hero (instead of points/timer system). Thought about it while I was doing some scripting the other day >.> looking through the battlefront LUA's and realizing theres some cool creative new things that can be done.

So like for example, I was thinking of having a small master switch area and if you capture that, play as chirrut, or if you capture a bunker, play as baze, capture citadel landing zone play as krennic, capture the TIE reaper area, play as DT-5537... For now heroes will be static but when I do ground 2 space scarif theres a bunch of things ill be adding (remember Cargo Zone is going to be released next... Ground 2 Space is barely in production... By barely in production I mean I've only drawn out the maps base plan and it was done on a napkin in crayon)
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

Gogie wrote:So like for example, I was thinking of having a small master switch area and if you capture that, play as chirrut, or if you capture a bunker, play as baze, capture citadel landing zone play as krennic, capture the TIE reaper area, play as DT-5537... For now heroes will be static but when I do ground 2 space scarif theres a bunch of things ill be adding (remember Cargo Zone is going to be released next... Ground 2 Space is barely in production... By barely in production I mean I've only drawn out the maps base plan and it was done on a napkin in crayon)
Okay, that first bit is an absolutely amazing idea. I'd love to see something like that be implemented, if you wish to see it happen.

Also, ground-to-space Scarif has a lot of potential to be a great map. I know you said it's barely in production, but I already have a few ideas. Like, for one, how about a shield gate? Starfighters that spawn in space can't enter Scarif without disabling the gate. Same with starfighters on the ground.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Warregory wrote:
Gogie wrote:So like for example, I was thinking of having a small master switch area and if you capture that, play as chirrut, or if you capture a bunker, play as baze, capture citadel landing zone play as krennic, capture the TIE reaper area, play as DT-5537... For now heroes will be static but when I do ground 2 space scarif theres a bunch of things ill be adding (remember Cargo Zone is going to be released next... Ground 2 Space is barely in production... By barely in production I mean I've only drawn out the maps base plan and it was done on a napkin in crayon)
Okay, that first bit is an absolutely amazing idea. I'd love to see something like that be implemented, if you wish to see it happen.

Also, ground-to-space Scarif has a lot of potential to be a great map. I know you said it's barely in production, but I already have a few ideas. Like, for one, how about a shield gate? Starfighters that spawn in space can't enter Scarif without disabling the gate. Same with starfighters on the ground.
I was thinking the shield as well but I think I want it open for the first minute or so, then have it close, I was also thinking having a zeta class shuttle already on the ground that will be destroyable for the rebels to spawn from, and have the shield gate be indestructible, instead you would have to destroy a star destroyer and have a death animation to have it crash into the shield. Nothing is set in stone yet but when I do ground to space I want it to be a really flashy "wrap up" to those map pack, it'll be my map to show off a little with. Nothing is set in stone yet though so post more ideas so I can start working on planning pre production.

[EDIT]: provided I can figure out sounds the Beta release will be done within the next 24 hours, at this time Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone may "appear" to no longer be in production. I assure you this will not be the case, as it is part of a mappack updates to landing zone will occur as I release various versions of Cargo zone.

Please be advised within the beta: I gave Jyn / Krennic very ... plain feeling items... This is because I've run out of fancy ideas for them. So gametoast this one is up to you. What would you like to see the heroes abilities and weapons be like? The best ideas posted will be featured as Jyn / Krennics items.

another important note: Ive decided since its a relatively small task to do, not to include game mode icons into the Beta. Partly because I havent Decided on what they should look like.

With that being Said:

Want to see your name in this projects credits? it's easy! submit what you want to see as a game mode Icon (images should be 64 x 64 pixels)

Game Modes that will need Icons:
Base Assault
Intel Recovery
Bombardment

I will use submissions between these modes, the images I find most suitable will be chosen.

[EDIT2] I've encountered some problems with scripting Bombardment, BF2 appears to be very picky with any game modes based off 1flag, please be patient as I am now attempting to script a 1flag variant from scratch as opposed to using the default.

[EDIT3] Full beta has been released:
Note game modes basically work, there needs to be some fine tuning done (bomb / intel icons instead of flag icons, way points for drop zones, im going to be modifying these game modes based on community feedback so expect to see a lot of changes in final version)

Ship sounds still won't work. seriously its not been for a lack of effort either, I've tried almost everything and they still just don't want to cooperate. I keep releasing version without this not because I don't want it fixed, but because constant defeat over the sounds drop my motivation for the project, so I need to have "small victories" in releasing things I can get to work to keep myself motivated.

Full BETA includes:
Conquest, 1Flag, CTF, Bombardment, Bombardment XL, Base Assault, Base Assault XL, Intel Recovery, Intel Recovery XL, TDM
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

Congratulations on releasing the full beta, Gogie! Although I haven't tried it yet, I can't wait to download.

Your work has been the best, in such a short amount if time, you have made great progress. Cargo Zone will be a blast.

Also, I created a very, very basic mockup for a Bombardment icon in Microsoft Paint. It's simply 3 lines, meant to resemble a, well, bombardment.

https://i.imgur.com/J2iBXRz.png
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone Full Beta (10 modes RELEAS

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Definitely trying out these new game modes! Base Assault and Bombardment I already tried and they were really awesome concepts put into effect. The only question I have is they seem very closely alike since you still got to kill the enemy team to get points, might want to tweak that game mode a little bit. I still have yet to try Intel Recovery but I have ideas on what the mode is about. Nice job with the amazing map for Battlefront 2, been waiting for one like this for years!