Scarif: Modding Starter Kit (ch.1 Released)

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Scarif: Modding Starter Kit (ch.1 Released)

Post by Gogie »

For those who have been following Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone, here is the first part of my "larger project". The Scarif: Modding Starter Kit series is a series aimed to target completely new modders of a younger generation by releasing an easy to understand tutorial set of how you can mod Star Wars Battlefront II and make quality levels and content using an all new asset pack as your base for learning.

You Can Download this Starter Kit set
Chapter 1 (Level Design) : http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-ba ... vel-design
The Documentation Guide for This set and all future sets can be found
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =892010462
(sorry this had to be posted as a guide off site, there is simply too much text for a first post)

This tutorial set shows how objects can be placed and will run you through start to finish how to place and use various functions of Zero Editor and the Battlefront 2 Mod Tools; It assumes that you have NO PRIOR modding experience so I apologize to all the more experienced modders who will see a lot of already known informations here.

Covered In Chapter 1: Level Design Basics
- This Pack Includes a number of level Designs assets including:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Sky Dome and components such as clouds, a death star and flyers (tie fighter, tie reapers, tie strikers, x wings, y wings, u wings)
Trees and Tree Clusters for placement
Terrain and textures for creating your level
Tileable fake water for large scale maps
Back ground objects such as low rez trees, bunkers, Rails and a Citadel Tower.
Zeta Class Shuttles both as a prop and as a Destroyable Command Post
Steel Bridges
An assortment of crates as seen in Scarif Imperial Landing Zone
Landing Zones mesh files
And our communications tower from Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone
- This Pack Includes documentation on all its components start to finish Including:
Hidden/Spoiler:
How to Make your map
How to Munge with Vista
how to create your custom sky dome
how to add flyers to you skydome
how to add clouds to your sky dome
how to add background objects to your sky dome
how to add props into your level
how to add new command posts
how to add destroyable command posts
how to add large scale fake water and why we need this instead of real water
how to add bridges and snap props together
how to add foliage
how to adjust sky file and fog parameters
how to add reflection regions.
how to create your AI pathing (planning and barriers)
A work in progress section for this documentation for all you soon to be ambitious modellers will include a section called "how its made" coming next to ch.1 highlighting and showing step by step how all my props are made including how I make my textures, and showing how to add a variety of flags.

Stayed Tuned in because future chapters will be released soon!
Including:
Chapter 2: Creating Custom Sides
Chapter 3: Creating Custom Weapons
Chapter 4: Creating Custom Game Modes / Scripts

Much more is planned and in the making I will update this thread as I release more assets.

Please use this thread to post any feedback or confusing and I will adjust the documentation to accomodate in the future, remember your feedback can help make this guide better for future downloaders.

Please be patient while assets are developed and documentation is released on future chapters, keep in mind im making the assets, making maps and writing documentation all at the same time. I will try to update regularly.
Last edited by Gogie on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Scarif: Modding Starter Kit (ch.1 Released)

Post by Marth8880 »

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Marth8880 wrote:Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks marth, there appears to be a significant lack of popularity for this as opposed to my other content so I'm going to bump my .lua tutorials and how to make game modes as the next chapter I think. If that doesn't pick up I might just ship out my assets and scrap the tutorials though; we will see how the next few weeks go before a decision is made
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Even as a vet this is something I'd be super interested in, I'm still learning new stuff all the time and I can't even imagine how helpful it'd be for less experienced modders, I think they'd really benefit.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

ARCTroopaNate wrote:Even as a vet this is something I'd be super interested in, I'm still learning new stuff all the time and I can't even imagine how helpful it'd be for less experienced modders, I think they'd really benefit.
I would tend to have to agree I mean the purpose here is to target a newer generation of modders with modern asset packs and documentation to follow; however consider as well, this slows down my progress on making the actual maps so if less people are interested in making maps and more focused on playing the content, it would be more logical to divert my attention to the map packs itself and just pack everything as non documented asset bundles.

Again I wanna wait to see how the next few weeks turn out first; not to seem pesimistic at all either, I just have to plan what the most beneficial course of action will be for the future of my projects.
TriniGamer
Private
Projects :: Scarif but for Battlefront 2
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: Carib50 (PSN)

Post by TriniGamer »

This is gonna be perfect! Thank you so much! As one of the younger people on this site trying to get a hang of modding, which isn't helpful on such an old game and site, this is appreciated.
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Hopefully this will entice new people to get into the wonders of SWBF2 modding!