Is it possible to get higher-res Terrain Textures ever?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

TriniGamer
Private
Projects :: Scarif but for Battlefront 2
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: Carib50 (PSN)

Is it possible to get higher-res Terrain Textures ever?

Post by TriniGamer »

Or does the game simply not support that sort of thing? It's fairly old so I wouldn't be surprised, but actual info would be appreciated.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Is it possible to get higher-res Terrain Textures ever?

Post by Teancum »

What sort of resolution are you thinking? 1024x1024 can easily be handled by the game, and I think it supports 2048x2048
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Post by Gogie »

Teancum wrote:What sort of resolution are you thinking? 1024x1024 can easily be handled by the game, and I think it supports 2048x2048
Terrain is the only asset that can use 4096x4096

ZE has a limitation of 12mb in size for props (which actually can be bypassed, if your terrain is using the same texture as an object ZE can handle 2048x2048 16mb textures on objects, if your making ground to space this can be useful to slap higher resolution textures on capital ships)
TriniGamer
Private
Projects :: Scarif but for Battlefront 2
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: Carib50 (PSN)

Post by TriniGamer »

So it's possible to do let's say 2k texture for terrain, and bypass for props? That means that the only remaining (major) graphical issue with this game can be fixed? :D
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Post by Gogie »

TriniGamer wrote:So it's possible to do let's say 2k texture for terrain, and bypass for props? That means that the only remaining (major) graphical issue with this game can be fixed? :D

erm not entirely, you can only have a very limited number of terrain textures; so you can only have a max of a small amount. The game for props can handle larger textures, its just 12mb will crash ZE unless its loaded through terrain first.

For all intensive purposes sometimes its just better to slap 8 or 9 textures on and call it a day rather than trying one mega texture..