Scarif Map Pack (v1.0 Beta, 2 Maps Released!)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone Full Beta (10 modes RELEAS

Post by Gogie »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:Definitely trying out these new game modes! Base Assault and Bombardment I already tried and they were really awesome concepts put into effect. The only question I have is they seem very closely alike since you still got to kill the enemy team to get points, might want to tweak that game mode a little bit. I still have yet to try Intel Recovery but I have ideas on what the mode is about. Nice job with the amazing map for Battlefront 2, been waiting for one like this for years!
oh shoot sorry I thought I removed the counter before I shipped >.> (I had the unit counter there to add points when I was entering regions to make sure my coding was working for flag carriers oops)

A few revisions planned (as pointed out by warregory)

-Bombardment is intended to have to place the beacon then wait until the ship can lock on, this will mean you will have to defend the beacon once its placed (the update with this revision will be included with the first release of Cargo Zone)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Gogie wrote:oh shoot sorry I thought I removed the counter before I shipped >.> (I had the unit counter there to add points when I was entering regions to make sure my coding was working for flag carriers oops)
I hate it when I forget to remove debugging stuff when I ship something. The struggle is very real haha
KeivanMereel
Private Recruit

Post by KeivanMereel »

So I played the new game modes. Here's my feedback:

* Really would love to see the game mode on the loading screen. To test them, I loaded up all modes, but only the map name "Scarif: Imperial Landing" shows on the loading screen. I couldn't remember which game mode I was playing when the level started to run.

* 1-flag CTF wouldn't let me choose a class. I'd pick one, then it would just reload the class chooser. I'd never spawn.

* Bombardment:
The AI takes the beacon back to their OWN base, effectively blowing themselves to bits. This of course gives you a victory. You yourself also can take the beacon to your own base, and cause yourself to lose the match.

I feel there should be a slight delay between placing the beacon and when the bombardment happens. Still cause it to end the match, but it should take at least a second or two for the Star Destroyer to aim and fire. I also feel like the bombardment should be louder, I can barely hear it, even when it's right on top of me. The whole map should be able to hear it.

There is no texture on the beacon. Also, when you're carrying the beacon, the yellow triangle icon (signifying that you're the one carrying the beacon) bounces around like crazy. It's like it's based on your leg animation rather than your center.

Also, water does not slow you down. This becomes important in the sprint to the beacon, as a straight-line path takes you through water.

That's enough for now. If the AI would take the beacon the right way, it would be a deadly furious match. I've not been able to get the beacon to the enemy camp. The matches end too quickly because the AI picks it up and safely takes it back behind friendly lines and blows themselves up and the match ends quickly.

I do love the base-building features in the Base Assault and Intel Recovery. Those Imperial Ground Crew become really formidable, especially the Jyn hero with her fusion cutter.

[edit 4/14/2017]
Had an interesting idea for Intel Recovery. Blowing up the base to get the plans can be difficult. Was also thinking that I haven't seen much use for the Pilot's R2 units other than recon. What if you could use your R2 unit to hack the base and collect the plans? You would make it faster than using the Vanguard to blow it up, but the vulnerability of the droid would balance it out. You've still got to get it back to your own base as well. What do you think?
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

ill look into the r2 idea; im not sure how i'd do it but if I can think of anything Ill try and make it happen.

sorry if it's been a while for replying;

Due to a number of complaints about the foliage, and enviroment, I decided to take sometime to rework the level, so Cargo zone may take some time as I am now carefully designing all the foliage and no longer using tree tiles.

enjoy this small teaser shot of the way the enviroment is starting to look
Hidden/Spoiler:
[EDIT]: A little bit more of a polished off screen shot of the new foliage and design.
Hidden/Spoiler:
[EDIT2]: I've tried to capture a more battlezone sort of feel to scarif in the new map, you can expect to see graphic revisions to ILZ in the future as well.

RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Re: Scarif Map Pack (ILZ v1.3 Beta, CLZ WIP)

Post by RevanSithLord »

Wow! Progress is looking nice! I've been enjoying the ILZ beta release and am definitely looking forward to CLZ here. :D
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Re: Scarif Map Pack (v1.0 Beta, 2 Maps Released!)

Post by Gogie »

Thanks RSL; just released first test version of the second map.

Landing Zone will be in graphics revision to bring it up to par be patient.

Cargo Loading Zone: Features Walker Assault mode, a mode based on EA's current Walker assault.

you can download this here

http://www.moddb.com/mods/scarif-map-pack-v10-2-maps

Be patient with first post ill be working on modifying all the content featured and working on the mod's page in the upcoming week to better display it.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Good job on the Walker Assault map! I really like your AT-ACT, I'd love to know how you set that up (as it's clearly bigger than the stock AT-AT and it seems to eliminate the sound issues the stock AT-AT has)
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Post by MissingTexture »

I enjoyed walker assault, but it feels a bit bare in my opinion.

All the action took place in the water and barely any of the islands had a real use, even for cover. The AT-ACT kept sniping me which was pretty cool to be honest; but the infantry kept killing me not even a minute after spawning due to lack of cover. Only music I heard was from Jyn Erso other than that it was dead silent as well.

But overall, very enjoyable!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

MissingTexture wrote:I enjoyed walker assault, but it feels a bit bare in my opinion.

All the action took place in the water and barely any of the islands had a real use, even for cover. The AT-ACT kept sniping me which was pretty cool to be honest; but the infantry kept killing me not even a minute after spawning due to lack of cover. Only music I heard was from Jyn Erso other than that it was dead silent as well.

But overall, very enjoyable!

thank you, music issue has been fixed.

I am reworking the terrain to give more cover for infantry to and from the uplinks, im also reworking the AI pathing to change during different phases so the AI arent as inclined to fight in the water.

I've removed the command post functions from the walker so rebel AI are less inclined to run forward while the walkers shields are still up.

I've also redone the markers so when an uplink is inactive it is white and when its been activated its blue. The walkers marker is now yellow to prevent confusion with the objectives. I'm currently working on a bombing effect for the Y-wing and a destroyed effect for the shuttle.

U-wings will be available at the second set of uplinks.
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Post by MissingTexture »

That's great to hear! I feel that some cover within the bunkers as well would be nice, I have a difficult time getting to those uplinks