How do I show textures and pose models in XSI

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

How do I show textures and pose models in XSI

Post by SkinnyODST »

I have the clonecommander msh open in XSI and have messed around with the top option that normally says Wireframe but I have no idea how to make it show it`s textures or how to pose it. I looked at a video tutorial from the FAQ about render trees but I don`t know if that`s what I need to be doing.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: How do I show textures and pose models in XSI

Post by Marth8880 »

re: posing: viewtopic.php?p=445370#p445370

re: viewing textured models, check out all 4 videos in this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn3Oboj ... 942D2C6132
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Ok I`ve got a body, rig, thing that I got through the Animate tab, character, biped guide. I can`t figure out how to select and move it, it`s too big for the clonecommander msh but I can`t do anything with it.
I`m really just finding it hard to understand how to select things, I press T and click things but nothing gets selected
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

There's no shortcut to learning things in modeling programs, unfortunately. The best thing to do is watch several tutorial videos from start-to-finish, read up on XSI documentation, etc. It can seem like a huge task but that kind of stuff isn't really what's taught over a few forum messages.
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Teancum wrote:There's no shortcut to learning things in modeling programs, unfortunately. The best thing to do is watch several tutorial videos from start-to-finish, read up on XSI documentation, etc. It can seem like a huge task but that kind of stuff isn't really what's taught over a few forum messages.
Gotcha