Deformed Unit Model [Solved]

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

KaskDaxxe
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Deformed Unit Model [Solved]

Post by KaskDaxxe »

Ive just got XSI to work but when I export a stormtrooper msh, it appears as if the weights are all screwy.

Anyone know whats wrong? I thought I had just changed the texture.
I was using XSI 7.5 with ANDEWEGET's ZETools

EDIT: I fell like a dummy, I hadn't selected "DummyRoot" before exporting
Last edited by KaskDaxxe on Wed May 03, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Re: Deformed Unit Model

Post by Gogie »

KaskDaxxe wrote:Ive just got XSI to work but when I export a stormtrooper msh, it appears as if the weights are all screwy.

Anyone know whats wrong? I thought I had just changed the texture.
I was using XSI 7.5 with ANDEWEGET's ZETools

First press 8 and then press L; it'll open your layers tab in the explorer window make sure you have no duplicate bones (example bone_pelvis if there is bone_pelvis1 then you have a duplicate) delete all duplicate bones if there are any (in the layer tab some bones may require you to branch select (centre mouse button) to delete) you cannot delete duplicates simply by deleting the bone root as it transfers duplicate bones into your new hierarchy ). After press 8 and then s to return to scene mode in the explorer. Make sure now that bone_root is a child of your model.

If this does not work, remove the envelope and freeze the operator stack then merge the model, freeze that poly mesh and reenvelope from what I've seen this issue happens when people merge and transfer already enveloped meshes as well so removing The envelope and re merging seems to fix it.
KaskDaxxe
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Deformed Unit Model

Post by KaskDaxxe »

Right, thanks for your help. Although I've used blender for a while now, xsi is new to me and a lot of these things are alien to me XD
Do you normally need to do all this when you're just changing a skin?