Tips and tricks for texturing in ZE

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

CT108
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: CS2
xbox live or psn: Captain CT108

Tips and tricks for texturing in ZE

Post by CT108 »

Hey GT,

I've 'accidentally' found some weeks ago a little trick that pro-modders probally know but it can be usefull for beginners that have some problems with texturing in ZE.

#1 MIGHT BE USEFUL FOR BEGINNERS
When you're applying multiple textures in ZE, you should paint (that's what I do) the ground with spray and not paint, the texture's 'boundary' will looks way better

#2 I THINK IT'S USEFUL BUT WHY NOT
When you're applying 1 or 2 (maybe 3) textures only on your map, use the 'paint' tool

#3 VERY USEFUL !! (excepted for pro-mappers)
When you want to replace a texture on the map by another one, sometimes the old texture is not replaced by the new one. Why ? If you want to replace a texture by a new one, the new texture has to have a higher number than the old texture. For example, you want to replace the texture with the number 4 by the texture with the number 1, it will not work because 1<4 . But if you want to replace the texure 1 by the texture 4, it will work because 4>1 .

So that was a tips and tricks topic, probably one of the most useless on GT :funny2:
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Tips and tricks for texturing in ZE

Post by Marth8880 »

CT108 wrote:When you're applying multiple textures in ZE, you should paint (that's what I do) the ground with spray and not paint, the texture's 'boundary' will looks way better
Yep, this makes it really easy to create really smooth curves in the textures. You just need to be careful that you don't have any areas with more than two texture layers being blended.
CT108
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: CS2
xbox live or psn: Captain CT108

Re: Tips and tricks for texturing in ZE

Post by CT108 »

Marth8880 wrote:Yep, this makes it really easy to create really smooth curves in the textures. You just need to be careful that you don't have any areas with more than two texture layers being blended.
You're right, I can't say better