Attach Biped Rig on already enveloped character for creating

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Attach Biped Rig on already enveloped character for creating

Post by Ginev »

I first want to say that i created few running animations for my project for battlefront 2 however the animations itself are total crap.So i found that if you are using biped rig for your character you can make better animation moves.So here is my question:Is it possible somehow to attach such biped rig to my enveloped character so i can control his moves better?And if so how to do it.Step by step tutorial will be the best help.

Just an example for what i am talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cfTPSe4gek
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Re: Attach Biped Rig on already enveloped character for crea

Post by minilogoguy18 »

Of course you can, just build the rig using the unit template as a source to snap to so that the proportions match. From there constrain the SWBF2 skeleton to the rig but keep it outside of the rig hierarchy.

That's my rig and video btw.
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now

Re: Attach Biped Rig on already enveloped character for crea

Post by Ginev »

Well i im not very good with XSI and i really dont know how to do this exactly.I know how to export models ,create new animations and export them but is it possible for you to make a short video showing how exactly to do this?How to "snap" and how to "constrain" the swbf2 skeleton?Im so hyped to make new animations.It seems this here is the only thing that keeping me from creating better animations.