Naboo: Assault on Theed

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Naboo: Assault on Theed

Post by Lorul1 »

Javitolo98 wrote:If you want I can do Padme and young Obi Wan,and Sereja is doing a similar map for BF1 and he always release his assets,So I think you will have the palace interior
I did see Sereja's map for BF1 which looks super good. If you (or maybe you and xezene) can do a good Padme and young Obi Wan and if I could get Sereja's permission for his meshes or get him on board with the bf2 theed project then we would just need someone to do a kid Anakin - and then, a single player would defiantly be doable. I wouldn't start making anything for the single player right now as I want to get all the ingredients on the table first and be 100% sure it would work. I will message you (and anyone else who would want to be involved) sometime next week concerning what exactly would be happening for single player. Thanks for being willing to help. :)

Alpha comes out sometime next week. Everyone here will get a message in their mailbox with the v0.5 alpha before anyone else and about a day or two after that the v0.6 alpha will be available only here on GT. A week or two after that the v0.9 version (The one that would have a campaign ) will probably be available on ModDB for everyone who couldn't find their way here. And after the BF2 Beta would come out on origin the more detailed 1.0 version would release about a week or 2 after that.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

I really like the map so far as it looks and feels like. The godrays really give it a new, realistic and alive/fresh feeling over the stock Naboo models. One thing I wanted to mention earlier is: You really HAVE TO edit the buildings collision models, if you haven't (or someone else) already. The original Naboo map was not intended to be a dogfighting style map. Also jumping on roofs was not possible either. Most buildings, especially low stories, have immense high collisions which makes flying over them disgusting. Back in the day when I used these buildings and wanted to have flyers, I decided to not include them because I couldn't edit their collisions. Terrible mistake.
Also you said you can't model nor hex-edit: How did you manage to get the Coruscant interior inside the large, rounded palace building when not cutting holes inside? In one picture I can clearly see three entries and behind a yellow brick wall?
Otherwise I really like the concept. Would you like to get a new arrested animation for the clones like seen on all gameplay videos (where the clones were sitting or laying down)? I can quickly make some for you.
xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by xezene »

For reference, these [http://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi%20Acade ... ars/69108/] are the Padme/handmaiden models I was referring to. They could be readily converted for BFII purposes.
Warregory
Private Second Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by Warregory »

This is looking completely fantastic, man. Good job! I may not exactly agree on BF2's gameplay, but Theed looks great.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

thelegend wrote:I really like the map so far as it looks and feels like. The godrays really give it a new, realistic and alive/fresh feeling over the stock Naboo models. One thing I wanted to mention earlier is: You really HAVE TO edit the buildings collision models, if you haven't (or someone else) already. The original Naboo map was not intended to be a dogfighting style map. Also jumping on roofs was not possible either. Most buildings, especially low stories, have immense high collisions which makes flying over them disgusting. Back in the day when I used these buildings and wanted to have flyers, I decided to not include them because I couldn't edit their collisions. Terrible mistake.
Also you said you can't model nor hex-edit: How did you manage to get the Coruscant interior inside the large, rounded palace building when not cutting holes inside? In one picture I can clearly see three entries and behind a yellow brick wall?
Otherwise I really like the concept. Would you like to get a new arrested animation for the clones like seen on all gameplay videos (where the clones were sitting or laying down)? I can quickly make some for you.
Thank you. I did not see or encounter any problems with flight and collision while testing flight on the map at all but I will test for this again and see what fixes can be done, thank you. Sadly due to some infrequent crashes and me wanting to save time - Dogfighting will not be available in this alpha next week - however Dogfighting will be available in the beta next month as well as the story mode assuming I can get ALL the assets from everyone that would be helping me with that. As for jumping from roof to roof - because this was not a feature in EA's battlefront 2 it wont be a feature for this map either.
The palace interior is not reachable from the outside yet - a cut out will have to be made from the stock palace model.

Yes :D I would like to have an animation for the clones on their knees in an arrest position, and any other animations you can give me - I'll credit you for character animation. I haven't seen any game play videos where any where the clones were sitting or laying down though. Thanks again

xezene wrote:For reference, these [http://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi%20Acade ... ars/69108/] are the Padme/handmaiden models I was referring to. They could be readily converted for BFII purposes.
Yes that model is 100% what I want for Padme. And Devis is onboard with giving me an ep1 obiwan model.
That just leaves us with 3 more things until campaign mode is possible. The theed palace models, the theed hanger models (which includes darth maul fight area)
and kid anikin.

Are there any kid anikin models out there for jedi academy ?
Hidden/Spoiler:
I think he can offer an interesting point of view for a playable story mode character. For the first time ever, the player would get to experience a starwars operation from the view of kid anakin. It would be unique because the player would be completely dependent on the AI for the first part of assault, crawling into secret areas to advance the team forward at some points and taking cover from droid fire at other points. Half way through this mission this idea of a sort of "helpless observer" would be quickly interchanged as the player takes control of the most powerful weapon on the map - The Naboo N1 starfighter. And who wouldn't want the choice to play as starcraft in ground to space combat.
Warregory wrote:This is looking completely fantastic, man. Good job! I may not exactly agree on BF2's gameplay, but Theed looks great.
Thank you - because this is still battlefront 2 and not battlefront 2 2017, hopefully enough of that old BF2 gameplay will translate over to make an enjoyable experience for everyone. :)
Javitolo98
Private Third Class
Projects :: Improved Sides mod

Post by Javitolo98 »

Here is a model of kid Anakin http://animium.com/2008/07/anakin
I think that can be easy convert it to msh
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

That model is ... alright ... the head would need to be a little smaller and look a little less awkward. Does the Jedi academy forums has one ?
CT108
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: CS2
xbox live or psn: Captain CT108

Post by CT108 »

Lorul1 wrote: (as I did with everyone else who has posted something on this thread, so don't worry everyone else your added too) Hopefully you are all interested in testing this map. :)
Oh yaas
Javitolo98
Private Third Class
Projects :: Improved Sides mod

Post by Javitolo98 »

I searched in Jkhub and mrwonko and there is not a kid Anakin model,even the people requested it but no one made a model
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Interesting .... I suppose an improved (more battlefront 2 looking) version of http://animium.com/2008/07/anakin would have to do.

Environment has been improved - More Pics !!

Hidden/Spoiler:

LOL :funny2:
A star fighter will now be available because crashing has been resolved !! The starfighter will allow you alpha testers to fly around and see the beautiful environment outside of theed !!
Last edited by Lorul1 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
CT108
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: CS2
xbox live or psn: Captain CT108

Post by CT108 »

Lorul1 wrote:Interesting .... I suppose an improved (more battlefront 2 looking) version of http://animium.com/2008/07/anakin would have to do.
Yep, reducing a bit his head could be good too
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Beautimus!
xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO

Post by xezene »

Great pics! Nice to see the N-1 out and about (and without crashing!) -- one of my favorite ships.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

EVERYONE ... I'm Sorry .. I lied about something ...
Hidden/Spoiler:
Starfighters WILL be playable for the alpha !!! :thumbs: :funny2:

ALSO big shoutout to TheLegend for some new character animations for you all to enjoy while playing. Ive always been a fan of the level of detail he puts into his work like battlefront 3 legacy and I'm really happy that some of his talent will get to shine in Assault on Theed as well !!

thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Wow, the animation looks very nice in-game. I am really looking forward to this map.
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

Awesome! Flyable ships will be great in the alpha. Nice animation work as well by TheLegend.

I'm not sure how exactly authentic to the EABF2 alpha this will be, but will V-wings also be playable for the Republic?
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Yeah so I don't know how authentic it will be to EA's battlefront 2 either - they didn't give me an alpha code. My guess from watching gameplay will be ... probably not ... because this is not a remake project like battlefront 3 legacy. Its a short 2 month project where I try to get close to EA's battlefront 2. And I've done some cool things so far like removed the energy system for all units (except the hevey), add in almost all the weapons including the star card ones (i.e. Shotgun for riflemen) etc

The vwing will be available with the standard lasers in the alpha - so there will be no difference between it and the N1. I'm excited to get to share this mod but remember what is coming out soon will be the alpha ... I will literally be releasing an unfinished version of the game. playable ... and fun - but unfinished. Things will be a little rough. Floating weapon icons - inaccurate textures, slight collision problems, slightly off building placement, over-powered weapons, under-powered weapons, ect. So the flying ships might not be "great" they will probably be just ok. The beta coming out in a month or so will be way better fixing a lot of the problems adding new stuff practically finishing the level and possibly even adding campaign mode !

I'm am releasing this unfinished version of the game because I want to get as many people playing this as possible BEFORE the EA beta comes out ... also remember this is not my main project either ! I'm remastering Battles of the storm and I have a whole separate single character war campaign map as well. :thumbs:

I think people will see this and compare battlefront 2 with battlefront 2. It will be fun ! I'm taking a popular level from an upcoming game remaking it in 2005 and adding more units and action ! gameplay wise zero engine will never match the mechanics of EA's battlefront. It feels like more it's own thing - not EA's.

HUGE shoutout to Deviss for brand new HD player models !!! I'm still re-texturing things but this is what we have so far :
Hidden/Spoiler:
New gameplay updates :
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

NOT CLEAR NOT CLEAR !!!!!
One month can change so much ...
Hidden/Spoiler:
Should jet troopers and SBD not be allowed in vehicles ?
Last edited by Lorul1 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
captainkira41
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by captainkira41 »

Yes the jet troopers should be able to use vehicles and also I was wondering if you were going to change the jet trooper color because it suppose to be more of a maroon color https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MVdE_uP5XKk/maxresdefault.jpg
Also shouldn't the heavy trooper have a z6 rotary blaster
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/im ... 1500034327
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

This is gonna be big, and SBD`s should not be allowed in vehicles, jet troopers have a jet pack so that would hinder them being able to fit in a vehicle wouldn`t it? (just personal opinion though)
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Seen from a realistic note, yeah. They shouldn't be allowed to use vehicles. But when it comes to gameplay I would say...let them ride. The map is huge and comparing SBD's to jettroopers, SBD's have a mean disadvantage due to their lack of mobility and access to vehicles.