Citadel Beta 0.95 April 17th 2006 Update

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

TAW_pinx

Citadel Beta 0.95 April 17th 2006 Update

Post by TAW_pinx »

I have uploaded Citadel beta 0.95 beta and I'm hoping to get feedback relating to wall hacks! Please pay attention to them.

Major tweaks needed : None

Fixed:
- Characters and objects are black inside
- Shows RHN$$ on map selection menu
- Minimap
- Heroes changed
- Death Regions when person falls off side
- Fire animations (Thanks to Rends)
- Sounds (Thanks to Rends)
- 1flag, 2flag, Conquest all working ; Hero Assault forthcoming (Teancum)

http://sw.theartofwarfare.net/TAW%20MOD ... 95beta.zip
Last edited by TAW_pinx on Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

yousendit is down... for maintainece XD
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

ACK!!! Man, I JUST posted it and it was up for literally 30 minutes. What a joke.
Sorry guys, but the GT U/l limit is only 21 MB, this file is 41MB (yes, I know - large!)

Here's another link:
http://files.filefront.com/Rhen_Var_Cit ... einfo.html
Last edited by TAW_pinx on Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

Rethinking this... maybe I need to move the uploads to 50mb each max. Ill do so now and hope this one gets added tonight, Id love to get it on the site for people to test.

Updating uploads now ;)
Blaaguuu

Post by Blaaguuu »

can we get a screenshto or two, for thsoe of us who have never seen the map before?
maxloef
Major General
Major General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by maxloef »

hmm the RHN$$$ can be fixed by checking the localization button on visualmunge ;)

Post by Guest »

Amazos!

TAW_pinx
Can you give some screenshots? And how install this map?
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

That would be great, Guru!! Not sure if every map will be like this, but...
Thanks Max...Once I get the lighting thing done and the stupid name (knew it would something easy), I'll release 1.0.

JK514 - In the .zip file there is a RHN folder. Unzip so that the RNV folder is in the Gamedata/addon folder of your SWBF II directory. Then run the game! Tip. If it's not working, ensure that you don't have an RNV folder inside an RNV folder. If you do, cut the inside RNV folder and paste back to the addon dir.

Ex) Correct setup : Gamedata\Addon\RNV\data, etc...

Screenies:

In this thread already, I will add more soon.

http://www.gametoast.com/index.php?name ... 12&start=0
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

One major bug my friend found while we were playing this map online, was right at the crypt entrance leading out to the set of stairs. On either side of the door, there's just a big empty space where you can walk right in and run around underneath the map. Thought I should bring that to your attention; should be as easy as raising up the terrain to cover it up, or maybe place an object like a statue or something there. But, I mean, it's a pretty serious glitch, since you don't want people running around under the map and shooting people now, do you?

Other than that, though, great job on the converting, man. Like the good old days, playing BF1. I found it very fun to play... other than the black units inside and that wallhack glitch, there's nothing I really see wrong with this map... except, have you considered to just use the old, classic Rhen Var Citadel minimap? I think that'd look a lot better.
forresal

Post by forresal »

TAW_pinx wrote:ACK!!! Man, I JUST posted it and it was up for literally 30 minutes. What a joke.
Sorry guys, but the GT U/l limit is only 21 MB, this file is 41MB (yes, I know - large!)

Here's another link:

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3U45 ... 449S7956TB
megaupload or savefile are much better than yousendit and both have higher U/L capacities. Moot though as it looks like your project is available here now!!

hope to check it out !!!
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

there's just a big empty space where you can walk right in and run around underneath the map

Heh, Isnt that just a TAW "feature" in the map. A secret pwnage crawlspace, rofl.
CommunistJabba

Post by CommunistJabba »

Your file dl limit has been reached, so i cant dl : (

If you guys have final battlefront2 versions of battlefront 1 maps, not customs, I'd be glad to host them for you, I have a lot of banwidth on a good server.

If you would like me to host your files, just contact me xfire, my profile name is tmastacrunk

or just pm me with a request
Astute
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Astute »

lol, i just so happen to be working on the same map. No problem though, really all i want is for the map to be ported. Btw, good work so far.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Does anyone know the reason why i dont have an addon folder? 1.1 patch is installed. I'm just wondering. Looks great! Keep up the good job!!
Postulio

Post by Postulio »

- Moving Target
I had the same problem but when i installed the mod tools they gave me an addon folder that worked.
Varmint264

Post by Varmint264 »

Just create a folder called addon in Gamedata and put the maps in there. Piece of cake!
Anyways, I tried this map this morning, and I think it's pretty Diet Dr. Pepper good! In the final version, what gametypes can we expect (1- or 2-flag CTF, hero Assault, etc)?

Love the map.
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Make sure it's 'addon', not 'AddOn'. It will only work with 'addon'.

Post by Guest »

TAW_pinx
I have idea for final version...
Can you add only Galactic Marines with any wearons?
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

@TAW_pinx: Perhaps you should spread the factions of the cps in Hero Assault more equally (like on Mos Eisley) so that not one hlaf of the map is full of heroes cps and the other half is full of villains cps.
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

guru wrote:
there's just a big empty space where you can walk right in and run around underneath the map

Heh, Isnt that just a TAW "feature" in the map. A secret pwnage crawlspace, rofl.
TAW BURN! lol - guru, I enjoyed that...back to "camping, hacking" trash talk is it?

For now, I'll just say thanks for all the help and tips...I will be taking everything into consideration and give you an update soon. There has been lots of response on LA boards as well, so...

GURU - Can you update the link in the GT downloads section with the new one in the first post? Thanks!!