Naboo: Assault on Theed

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Naboo: Assault on Theed

Post by Lorul1 »

thelegend wrote:Seen from a realistic note, yeah. They shouldn't be allowed to use vehicles. But when it comes to gameplay I would say...let them ride. The map is huge and comparing SBD's to jettroopers, SBD's have a mean disadvantage due to their lack of mobility and access to vehicles.
SkinnyODST wrote:This is gonna be big, and SBD`s should not be allowed in vehicles, jet troopers have a jet pack so that would hinder them being able to fit in a vehicle wouldn`t it? (just personal opinion though)
captainkira41 wrote:Yes the jet troopers should be able to use vehicles
Ok i will allow them to use vehicles. In battles of the storm I didn't allow jedi to use vehicles because they needed to be on the battlefield but you all have good points. Especially that the sbd needs a boost compared to the jet trooper.
and also I was wondering if you were going to change the jet trooper color because it suppose to be more of a maroon color https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MVdE_uP5XKk/maxresdefault.jpg
hmmm the red looked darker when I was using gimp to edit it - thanks . It has been changed.
Also shouldn't the heavy trooper have a z6 rotary blaster
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/im ... 1500034327
Your right he should but no one has released the files for that here on gametoast and for the alpha the underhand chaingun will do just fine. The weapons will not be 100% accurate ... probably even for the beta coming out in a month.
CT108
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: CS2
xbox live or psn: Captain CT108

Post by CT108 »

Lorul1 wrote: Your right he should but no one has released the files for that here on gametoast
I'm not sure ... http://www.mediafire.com/download/ux9fq ... Cannon.rar
Here's a Z6, if you want it like EA BF2 you just have to reskin it :wink:
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Thanks guys ! I stand corrected :funny2:

BIG NEWS everyone

Ground to space has been added !!!!!

There won't be any enemy ships flying around in space and stuff because that's not really the foucus of the alpha. it's up there more as a test for u guys to play around with. The ground to space was taken from tatooine at war so credit to whoever made that map I will find his name and credit him soon.
I will also be re "terrain - ing" the ground because of this from 512 to 1024 - so the beta next month might not work on some older pc's because some crashes are reported from older pc users when playing maps that have 1024 right ? No pictures of ground to space you'll see when you play :thumbs:
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Daaaaaaaang
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

I made that transition in Tatooine At War. Also I recommend not to use 1024x1024 as terrain size. Especially when your terrain is more detailed and more is rendered at once. Battlefront 3 Dantooine kept instantly crashing but worked again after I altered the terrain back to rough 700x700 due to terrain cutters (Also Dantooine used many 1K textures anyway, 1024x1024 terrains didn't crash for me before at all). But if you consider using HD textures for those Naboo buildings then maybe stick to 512x512 and add a large 3d model around the square-sided terrain.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Thanks legend this is good information. I might use 1k textures on the building I'm not sure. The problem with ground to space with a large 3D model around a 512 by 512 square is that it's a little small for ground to space, don't u think ? With your tatooine map I could see endless terrain - with 512 by 512 if the player were flying around the terrain would just stop. And I can't add those mountains in the sky file if I'm doing ground to space right ? Because the mountains would be in space which is the real skydome. Do u know how I can give the illusion of a lot of terrain ? ... Good job on tatooine at war by the way - one of my fav maps right along side the capital strike maps

some of the final pictures before sundays alpha !!
but lorul1 WHY RELEASE UN UNFINISHED MAP ??? - Because I want people to play it before EA's Beta. This will also give people an opportunity to suggest ideas.

Hidden/Spoiler:
captainkira41
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by captainkira41 »

The troops look awesome! but could you change the rocket launcher to this style https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/st ... 1115020308
Or something like this, I think that a skinnier rocket launcher would look a lot better in this mod
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Once again, looking A M A Z I N G
Oh and btw, not sure if you want it more accurate but in Battlefront EA 2, the jet trooper has some more paint on his thigh armour -
Hidden/Spoiler:
Ya know, like the triangle looking things going up to his waist starting from his knees

EDIT: Oh hey, I found a REALLY good reference photo -
Hidden/Spoiler:
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

SkinnyODST wrote:rerence photo -
Hidden/Spoiler:
nice find skinny !! Jet trooper has been updated :thumbs:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I did the best I could on the head I know it looks weird
more reference pics if anyone wants to see them :
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext=
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1085346108

and NO I am not using these models. I'm using pandemics and deviss'
Last edited by Lorul1 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Lorul1 wrote:
SkinnyODST wrote:rerence photo -
Hidden/Spoiler:
nice find skinny !! Jet trooper has been updated :thumbs:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I did the best I could on the head I know it looks weird
Wwwwoah! Hell yeah! And the head is fine
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Alright a few things before tomorrows alpha's go out to all of you who helped / created a response on this page, I have a few things I wanted to discuss below. Most of this stuff is for some of the guest visiting the site who may get their hands on the alpha early or when it come out to everyone. Welcome by the way all you guest (:

ONE: The alphas will probably be going out tomorrow night or early Monday morning - its a personal thing out of my control - but if I cant send them out Sunday you'll get it Monday !

TWO: If you want an early alpha key just Message me here on game toast the public alpha (which will differ slightly from the ones I send out tomorrow) will be available probably Wednesday. I will create a whole separate thread for it... which leads me into point

THREE: SAVE YOUR RESPONSES for that thread I will be creating Wednesday. What did you like, what didn't you like, please refrain (if you can) from listing everything wrong. Im not saying you cant tell me important things that are wrong with this alpha what I'm saying is not to tell me every little thing because you will be simply wasting your time with the majority of that list. I know there are things wrong BECAUSE ...

FOUR: This is an UNFINISHED and UNSTABLE map. I made it in one month ! but once you get your hands on it and actually play the map just know in one more month the beta should (theoretically) be twice as good, so just keep that in mind.

FIVE: I will make a whole separate thread ( or maybe we can just stick with this one) to talk about everything story mode related. I STILL NEED HELP to make this a reality.
WHAT I STILL NEED: Kid Anikin, Young Pademe, Naboo Generator Room, Naboo Hanger, Naboo Palace hallways models
If you have any of these models already or would be interested getting them in msh format for me please contact me here on Gametoast
Even If you just wanna help resizing or making cut outs in vanilla models please contact I WILL SHARE CREDIT WITH ANYONE WHO HELPS !!

SIX: Beside Deviss and TheLegend, I will not have all the credits listed at first - I have to go through all my downloads and see who made what to credit them - part of the reason I am making a public release on Wednesday.

SEVEN: I know what I said earlier about the new game mode thing but this is honestly more like a death match than anything so that's all you need tot know about the game mode

Eight: You will probably have a lot of fun so ENJOY :thumbs:

Tips and Pointers :
Hidden/Spoiler:
As a guy who is REALLY good at battlefront 2 2005 I can confidently say that this map does require some level of skill at the game. It is much more fast paced and you have to be light on your feet. I don't think its unplayable hard - but surviving is a bit harder than vanilla maps

One reason behind this is because I changed certain things such as unit health - Depending on the class you pick - You will have more or less health. Health and ammo do not drop when a unit dies - and as of now there is no auto health regeneration.

All weapons use heat
There will be no health and amo droids - not only are they not in EA's battlefront but also slow down the speed of the game.
all classes except the heavy have endless sprint !
collisions are not fixed yet so star fighters may randomly explode when flying over buildings - THIS WILL BE FIXED
Speaking of dogfights - They aren't exciting yet so I advise you stay on the ground
YES you can go to space but other than the control ship there isn't much up there yet
The game mode and scripting is still being worked on so its not really conquest its more of a death match as I stated before.
The MTT Will end the game if destroyed or if it reaches the palace
As of now the AI do nothing to stop the MTT sooooooooo yeah most of the time the droids win

The assault class
is equipped with a default blaster which fires a little slower than the stock blaster to give you an Idea of what it feels like. He's really light on his feet and the fastest class. He is the only one with thermal detonators and has a shotgun (in the grenade slot) that can fire 5 shots before a 20 second cool down ! He is pretty basic

The heavy has a fast firing (and easily overheating) blaster. He also has a chaingun blaster that can cause massive damage if used right, but then suffers from a long cool down before it can be used again !!
He also has a sheild. NOTE that the AI do frequently use these heavy blasters and are the death to whenever you play a hero.

The sniper has ... well ... a sniper ... that shoots actually laser bullets rather than just lasers that appear when fired like the stock sniper. He also has a turret he can deploy to protect him while sniping.
He also has landmines.

The officer has a pistol but can be supper useful behind the heavy and assault which take the front lines. His pistol fires as fast as you cn click your mouse - In other words the faster you click the faster he will fire ! He also has a grenade launcher that the AI don't tend to use that much so I will not Nerf this for you guys for the alpha.
You'll wanna stick around those officers guys - because they have a buff that will give you and themselves with health and defense.

The Jet trooper has a jet pack as well as the officers pistol and a rocket launcher - and the super battle droid has a normal laser, and fast firing laser similar to the heavy as well as the wrist rocket. His health is also super beefy, so don't get in his way.

Yoda and maul are the hero's - both have saber throw and force push - which have both been fixed up revamped - force push is actually fun now. You can send units flying !!! and if they are low on health they will die. Hero's normally get gunned down by the chainguns so watch out for those.
Question You might ask:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Galactic Civil War ? : NOPE , yeah so once again the big thing with this project is that I don't want it to take forever like battles of the storm did , I have a channel that needs some much needed new content. adding a good galactic civil war would be out of my time frame because I'm guessing you guys want that pretty awesome campaign mode I was talking about earlier. You'll get your GCW in battles of the storm 2.0

Can I give this alpha to friends ? :
Yup ! sure , i think multiplayer still works ... maybe maybe not BUT WHAT I DONT WANT YOU DOING IS POSTING THIS ON MODDB - but freinds sure

YouTube ? :
YES actually I encourage it !! I want people to see it - I want EA to see it !! Tell everyone !!!!!!!!!! and once I release the public alpha here on GameToast feel free to link them to it.

Why not ModDb ? :
well because I will get around to doing that myself once the game is in beta - thats right . The problem with moddb is that it is way more public than here on gametoast. People will be swarming me with : "how do i install" , "this isn't as good as battles of the storm" (because its unfinished) , "OH i found all these problems" - and I DONT MIND THAT, in fact I love feedback, its just I don't have time for all those responses, which is why the alpha will be a gametoast exclusive. I'm a pretty busy guy

I cant install/ how do i install ?:
If you don't know how to install after I give you the instructions or if all the youtube videos you will hopefully look up on how to install bf2 mods are not helping you - The alpha probably isn't for you - speaking of that, the alpha actually dose require some strength to run smoothly - not a lot but more that you would a vanilla battlefront 2 map
Warregory
Private Second Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Warregory »

I have a question that's been on my mind for a long time. Sorry if there's an obvious answer to it.

Will you ever do the inside of the palace?
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Warregory wrote:I have a question that's been on my mind for a long time. Sorry if there's an obvious answer to it.

Will you ever do the inside of the palace?

That's a good question - yes
In the alpha you will get tomorrow (or Monday) you can walk through that tan wall to get into the one room that the place has right now. In the beta I would like to have more rooms a better interior of the palace

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALRIGHT EVERYONE the alpha will be going out shortly - If you made a post on this topic here on GameToast be sure to check your mail boxes in 20 minutes or so and the alpha download should be available - if you have not posted as of yet and would still like the early alpha before I release it to the public on Wednesday or Thursday an alpha just go ahead and PM on gametoast

The alpha I will be sending out momentarily WILL be slightly downgraded from the one coming out Wednesday and Thursday. SO ... without further adieu, I present Assault on Theed !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 10/1/17

The public download for alpha 0.5 should be available some time today or tomorrow so early alphas 0.4 will no longer be handed out. I suggest all of you who revived the early alpha go ahead and update as some new features were added in 0.5 - like fixed sounds, fixed pedestrians, Controllable MTT Turret, and more !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
New EDIT :
The public alpha is now available : viewtopic.php?f=35&t=33245
Delta327
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Shattered Galaxy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by Delta327 »

can i suggest adding some new naboo props to make it unique?

or adding blowing leaves and curtians like in the beta map?
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Suggestion taken ! When Serrja releases the assets to his map, this assault on theed map will get a big update and look a lot more accurate. Of course this map will not be a PERFECT refelcetion of EA's battlefront - and actually perfection is not even what I'm going for anyways. BUT I will try to get closer then I already am, and maybe even put my own twist on things.

As for the blowing leaves. I've decided to ditch the idea of having the leaves be "rain"
(Precipitation) instead I have almost transarent spores as the precipitation. it looks a lot like the little circles if you look closely on the real assault on theed - attention to detail. I have a few ideas for the leaves - I'll probably use the fire flys from dagobah !

Pics coming soon !!
Here's a question for everyone - SHOULD I RETEXTURE THE CLONES LIKE THE BETA ???
Delta327
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Shattered Galaxy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by Delta327 »

Lorul1 wrote:Suggestion taken ! When Serrja releases the assets to his map, this assault on theed map will get a big update and look a lot more accurate. Of course this map will not be a PERFECT refelcetion of EA's battlefront - and actually perfection is not even what I'm going for anyways. BUT I will try to get closer then I already am, and maybe even put my own twist on things.

As for the blowing leaves. I've decided to ditch the idea of having the leaves be "rain"
(Precipitation) instead I have almost transarent spores as the precipitation. it looks a lot like the little circles if you look closely on the real assault on theed - attention to detail. I have a few ideas for the leaves - I'll probably use the fire flys from dagobah !

Pics coming soon !!
Here's a question for everyone - SHOULD I RETEXTURE THE CLONES LIKE THE BETA ???
like the clones

i also suggest adding those farmers markets shops but iwith diffrent colors
TeeNuggetTa
Private
Projects :: Its a Secret
Games I'm Playing :: EA Battlefront II

Post by TeeNuggetTa »

Not too be rude the gameplay sucks. Every weapon overheats WAY too quickly and the weapons don't do enough damage. Other than that I think this mod is amazing well done.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

TeeNuggetTa wrote:Not too be rude the gameplay sucks. Every weapon overheats WAY too quickly and the weapons don't do enough damage. Other than that I think this mod is amazing well done.
Not too be rude but the proper way to say that would be something more along the lines of, "Hey, I feel that the gameplay could use some improvement and here's why." :P
Dasher
Private Third Class
Projects :: Loronar Jade Moon

Post by Dasher »

I admire your dedication to this project, I really like the idea of taking something new and putting it in this jewel of a game :mrgreen: I have to concur, the units look really good and I think a palace interior would be a nice addition, but the map is promising other than that, all in all very elaborate :yes:
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

TeeNuggetTa wrote:Not too be rude the gameplay sucks. Every weapon overheats WAY too quickly and the weapons don't do enough damage. Other than that I think this mod is amazing well done.
I will work on this.
Dasher wrote:I admire your dedication to this project, I really like the idea of taking something new and putting it in this jewel of a game :mrgreen: I have to concur, the units look really good and I think a palace interior would be a nice addition, but the map is promising other than that, all in all very elaborate :yes:
Thank You , I was debating on weather not to make this map and weather or not it would be a success or not, and I'm glad I did.