Naboo: Emperor's Retreat

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Naboo: Emperor's Retreat

Post by RevanSithLord »

This map has been in my head for the better part of, well...years. The sides right now as they stand aren't final by far, but I can easily say they're about 80%.

Here's a video of the sounds/models I'm using right now:

Map layout wise, I'm going to be upping the max height and get some extreme hills going, get a waterfall in there, primarily use the night Naboo buildings, because this attack is taking place at night.

Basically my story is as follows...

Rebel High Command has authorized a walker-backed raid against the Emperor's Retreat west of Moenia. The Empire is on full alert for this supposed Rebel "threat" and deploy Royal Guards and new Glory-class Dark Troopers to aid in the defense. Imperial AT-ST's are at the ready and scouts are keeping a watchful eye on the horizon to report any movement in the sector. It is rumored that the Rebellion has acquired old Republic AT-XT walkers, which likely will stand no match against the might of the Empire's AT-STs. Will the raid be a success and the Emperor slain? Or will the Empire eliminate the Rebel scum?

Of course, in SWG and even canonically, the Empire would win this skirmish.

I'm dubbing this map as part of my grander "Battlefront: Galaxies" mod/map series, which I suppose sort of lived into The Exile's Voyage mod by AQT. :)

Here's a screenshot:
Hidden/Spoiler:
(Edit - Note, the screenshot was taken before I added the stars in...though I may give it another skybox texture entirely at some point)

I'd say map-wise, if we balance everything out, it can safely be 50%+, because the side-work is something I'm trying to get down first and foremost (which is what the big focus will be, along with vehicles, and then I'll work on the visuals of the map. I hesitated on making a new WIP thread, but I figured I'd show people what I'm working on.

Credits - GGCTUK/Gistech - A280c, DL44, T-21, DLT-20a, Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Sounds. I was debating between using our special DD Stormtrooper or Gistech's, so...
Designated Days team/Icemember - Rebel soldiers (which on some of them I will update the model, so no worries there)
Kinetosimpetus - DH-17
DarthD.U.C.K. - conversion of Taivyx's Royal Guard from JKO/JKA.

More screenshots soon. If anyone wants to suggest anything to make this map accurate to the location as to the appearance in SWG, feel free. I wanted to get this out there. I've been hard at work getting even what I have done. I've come a long way over the years considering. If only I knew then what I do now. :)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Naboo: Emperor's Retreat

Post by Marth8880 »

Map layout wise, I'm going to be upping the max height and get some extreme hills going, get a waterfall in there, primarily use the night Naboo buildings, because this attack is taking place at night.
Have you determined objective locations and player paths and whatnot yet? I find it easier to start with drafting this all up in a sketchbook than in my head, personally. ;)

Here's a few great articles/guides on the subject:
http://worldofleveldesign.com/categorie ... ayouts.php
http://worldofleveldesign.com/categorie ... ayouts.php
http://worldofleveldesign.com/categorie ... xt_map.php
http://worldofleveldesign.com/categorie ... rkflow.php
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Ooh! Thanks Marth! I'll give it a look. I agree...
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Definitely looks promising and hope to play this over the next several months or year. Nice to see you posting again more recently on Gametoast RevanSithLord, hope you stay for the long run and hope the Designated Days maps with Icemember are progressing well, been a fan of the maps for many years and always fantasize about what the next one is going to be like.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:Definitely looks promising and hope to play this over the next several months or year. Nice to see you posting again more recently on Gametoast RevanSithLord, hope you stay for the long run and hope the Designated Days maps with Icemember are progressing well, been a fan of the maps for many years and always fantasize about what the next one is going to be like.
Oh they're coming along nicely. In-fact, I have a Discord channel I just made recently.

https://discord.gg/ETuS9EF

You can discuss DD there, but also any maps unrelated to the mod, and suggest things. ;) If you'd like, of course. Otherwise, ModDB is our main thing, but we also have Facebook. I was going to do a Twitter, but that seems excessive for a mod that's not that famous.

This map currently that I'm working on will have, hopefully, some familiar sights. The things Marth linked me will be helpful, and thankfully I already had a layout in my head for how I wanted to do it and it will take clever use of Naboo props to achieve it. :) Thanks for the support, MTB! Love your channel, by the way! :D Trust me, there's more in store for everything - maybe I should make a thread for DD here, but I think I have done that in the SWBF General sub-forum, so will need to add relevant information there. This is just a one-off of mine and will likely tie into The Exile's Voyage, which I will revisit down the line. :)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

RevanSithLord wrote:Oh they're coming along nicely. In-fact, I have a Discord channel I just made recently.

You seem to either have permissions incorrectly set or somehow you don't have any text channels.
Hidden/Spoiler:
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Marth8880 wrote:
RevanSithLord wrote:Oh they're coming along nicely. In-fact, I have a Discord channel I just made recently.

You seem to either have permissions incorrectly set or somehow you don't have any text channels.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Woops.

Edit - I have 4 text channels. Permissions were set to "everyone", so that's strange?