Crait Battlefront 2 2017 Remake

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Re: Crait Battlefront 2 2017 Remake

Post by MissingTexture »

ggctuk wrote: As for the mesh: I'm not saying "do this" but I'm expecting there to be a Last Jedi pinball table in Pinball FX3 next year. Those tables have, so far, carried the 'okay to use assets' EULA, and that means that it's likely that a Last Jedi table will carry the same EULA. If, by the time you are far enough along, there is no AT-M6, ask an admin if it would be okay to use the one in such a hypothetical table (newer games and assets I would always check regardless of what EULA is used).
There is also the Google Pixel 2 AR Star Wars stickers which has tge ATM6. Not sure if it would be acceptable here, but I am currently trying to convert ut to an OBJ & Kitbash it with an ATAT from BF3
bossrussian72
Private Recruit
Projects :: Naboo guards variety
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2
xbox live or psn: Spartanghost727

Post by bossrussian72 »

whats the source of the first order models your using, also do you plan on updating the at-at models to look like the first order variants, and finally what do you plan on using for the resistance (Model wise)
captainkira41
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by captainkira41 »

I just saw this new mod and it has some nice heavy troopers not saying that these one are bad but maybe there will be some stuff that you want to use from this http://www.moddb.com/mods/resistance-vs-first-order
Reapeageddon
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Considering making Lothal
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: PSN#Reapeageddon

Post by Reapeageddon »

Lorul, for the starfighters on this map, we know the First Order TIE is in EA's Crait map, are you going to add it eventually? And are you going to consider adding the T-70 Resistance X-Wing too? It would be nice to see X-Wings fighting TIES.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds

Post by Lorul1 »

The force order models I will be sticking with the ones from missingtexture. There are some pretty good ones by i2bros here viewtopic.php?f=64&t=33394 . and those are probably the ones that u saw captainkira41. The first order TIE will be added and I will be using the one by I2bros and maybe retextureing just a bit ! but no xwings ... sorry - at least not immediately. I want to keep to EA's vision.

Personally I've been hard at work making some crait trenches by changing up the hoth ones and same with the tunnels guys ! And yup - I'll be publishing these so everyone can use them. NOW ... everyone ... the tunnel placement will not be 100% accurate to EA's - unless someone can use the cinimatic tools or something to give me a map of EA's crait tunnels layout - I'm not gunna be 100% close.
Pics of those tunnels will be coming soon and Missingtexture has started on a ski speeder and it's looking really good so far :thumbs:

Also , I have a feeling thanks to some friends that we may be getting an ATM6 REALLL SOOOON !!! If anyone is making an ATM6 please feel free to let me know.
https://3dwarehouse.sketchu.com/model/0 ... isode-VIII
captainkira41
Private Recruit

Post by captainkira41 »

Heres a atm6 don't know if you can use it https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t= ... st53013316
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

captainkira41 wrote:Heres a atm6 don't know if you can use it
That's EA, so no, you can't.
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold

Post by Isaac1138 »

Lorul1 wrote:Personally I've been hard at work making some crait trenches by changing up the hoth ones and same with the tunnels guys ! And yup - I'll be publishing these so everyone can use them. NOW ... everyone ... the tunnel placement will not be 100% accurate to EA's - unless someone can use the cinimatic tools or something to give me a map of EA's crait tunnels layout - I'm not gunna be 100% close.
Pics of those tunnels will be coming soon and Missingtexture has started on a ski speeder and it's looking really good so far.
You could ask Cinematic Captures on youtube. He takes a lot of great BF2 screenshots.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA1oEn ... AcoKso2pAA
LitFam
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF II 2005

Post by LitFam »

I have an idea. You should make the giant door a destructible object. If the door is drestoyed the empire wins if the rebels defend the door for a certain amount of time or the rebels destroy all the walkers (make sure that the walkers don’t re-spawn). I can do the scripting part if you like this idea.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

@Isaac1138 - I actually have had this idea in the back of my mind for quite some time ! Maybe I will
@LitFam - since this is a recreation of EA's crait it will play out just like there's after the atm6's get to the base then it will move on to the tunnel phase . I know there is a modder by the name over on ModDB who is also doing crait - and he is doing it in more of a movie style way ! His username is Cyberctf346 I think he's a little new but he might want to use your idea. I do apricricate the offer though (:
Huscarl
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: Good Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: PSN - Huscarl

Post by Huscarl »

Lorul1 wrote: I know there is a modder by the name over on ModDB who is also doing crait - and he is doing it in more of a movie style way ! His username is Cyberctf346 (:
Aren't you guys working together?
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

We are - but we are both still making separate maps. So if I need something from him or he needs something from me then we will trade or we will help each other out if we need help etc

Cyberctf346 is doing a movie based crait map
I am doing an EA based crait map
captainkira41
Private Recruit

Post by captainkira41 »

Could you use this model of blaster from Litfam it really looks awesome http://www.moddb.com/mods/resistance-vs ... e#imagebox
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

maybe ! ill have to ask him one day.

A quick update on this ... not much progress has been made as im busy with Mos Eisley and kashyyyk BUT thanks to I2Bros and some help from AQT (and some slight changes by yours truly) PHASMA is now in game !!

Hidden/Spoiler:
For now shes using Vader's cape as you can see. Do you think Dooku's cape would work better here ? What do you guys think ???
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

The basic texture needs some work. But the shiny look is great
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Agreed. It's a good start, but the armor currently looks more like scratched-up metal instead of smooth chrome. Also, try changing the cube map texture itself to better fit with the environment. Maybe something like this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
(adjust the colors, of course)
Huscarl
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: Good Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: PSN - Huscarl

Post by Huscarl »

@Lorul1 Darth Vader's cape works fine with it cause it matches but do u think u can add a red outline on her cape? Also will u add her staff as a secondary to use like in EA's cause that would be fun to go around smacking people with a stick ya know. Nice work on Phasma, she just needs a few tweaks here and there but other than that shes perfect. :thumbs:
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Yes ! I was thinking of alot of those ideas ! And Thanks AQT ! she's looking better already ! more pics on the way soon !!
kingdomwrecker
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II

Post by kingdomwrecker »

Hey Lorul, I heard something about EA/Dice changing the FO Stormtrooper to Snowtroopers, I'm curious will you use Storm or Snow?
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

If they change it (and I have the assets available to me for the snow troopers) - I will change it.