Bright yellow light bloom [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Bright yellow light bloom [Solved]

Post by Oceans14 »

I'm having a strange issue with the stock mygeeto bridge asset, which normally has blue lights via the texture's alpha channel. However for some reason in game the lights are suddenly these incredibly bright yellow blooms. I didn't modify the texture of that part of the model and it persists even with HDR disabled, so I really have no idea what could be causing it. I've attached a picture for reference.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Last edited by Oceans14 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Bright yellow light bloom

Post by AQT »

That is really bright! Which model is that coming from specifically, and would it happen with any of the other of Mygeeto models with blue lights? Also, you don't have any of those graphic mods installed, right?
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Oceans14 »

The model is "myg_bldg_main_bridge", and nope, other mgy models are perfectly fine. No graphic mods.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

So I checked all the textures that model uses, and none of them have any kind of alpha layer. The only part of the model that uses a glow flag (or any material flag in general) uses the texture myg1_bldg_central_tower01.tga, and there doesn't seem to be anything special about that texture or the material settings. Looking at the screenshot you posted more carefully, it seems this bright glow is coming from the inner rims of those potholes in the bridge, which uses the texture myg1_ter02.tga. All I can suggest for now is to make sure you have all the textures the model calls for. And if you already do, perhaps reexport the model to see if that changes anything.
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Oceans14 »

Ah, so after reading your post I checked the model itself as you suggested and the modeled lights used attached fx lights via odf. (Could I have broken that sentence up? Probably.) Once I commented those lines out everything was fine. That still leaves the mystery of why that effect went nuts in the first place (it was "halo.fx") but I can live without knowing for now :) As for the weirdly glowing potholes, I checked and that's because I never brought myg1_ter02 over and they're untextured lol. Thanks for the help AQT!