BF3: Tatooine Help Thread

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: Not Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

BF3: Tatooine Help Thread

Post by iamastupid »

Alright, so basically I gave up trying to fix this map when I sent it to Fabricio.
Which was some months ago, since then I have repeatedly tried to fix the map by many methods. Since I got no complete answer in the past, nor the present I have decided to create a thread, however instead of outlining each and every single issue I come across, to address them all and if needed release whatever files are needed in one controlled post.
So firstly, this is the munge log as of 22/02/18 (British Date format, 22nd Febuary 2018):
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_acclamator_interior.msh]:FR_acclamator_interior has 28637 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_acclamator_interior_ZERO.msh]:FR_acclamator_interior_ZERO has 5591 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_Evaporator.msh]:FR_Evaporator has 1849 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_Evaporator2.msh]:FR_Evaporator2 has 1688 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_Evaporator2_low.msh]:FR_Evaporator2_low has 1084 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_Evaporator_low.msh]:FR_Evaporator_low has 1025 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatBuilding10Block_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatBuilding10Block_ZERO has 2107 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatBuilding18_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatBuilding18_ZERO has 2162 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatBuilding21Farm_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatBuilding21Farm_ZERO has 1248 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatBuilding25_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatBuilding25_ZERO has 1507 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatBuilding3_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatBuilding3_ZERO has 3447 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatBuilding4Bridge_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatBuilding4Bridge_ZERO has 3308 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatBuilding5Cantina_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatBuilding5Cantina_ZERO has 3668 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatBuilding9_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatBuilding9_ZERO has 1214 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatCrashedShip1_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatCrashedShip1_ZERO has 1357 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatInterior1HangarCabine_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatInterior1HangarCabine_ZERO has 2160 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatInterior1Hangar_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatInterior1Hangar_ZERO has 3850 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatInterior3Room_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatInterior3Room_ZERO has 1929 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatInterior5Corridor_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatInterior5Corridor_ZERO has 1111 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatInterior7ComRoom_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatInterior7ComRoom_ZERO has 2408 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\FR_TatSpacePort1_ZERO.msh]:FR_TatSpacePort1_ZERO has 3435 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
ERROR[levelpack FRT.req]:Expecting bracket, but none was found.
File : munged\pc\jawacampjunk17.model.req(1)...

ucft <--

ucft <--
[continuing]
2 Errors 0 Warnings

ERROR[levelpack FRT_1flag.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
No such file or directory
ERROR[levelpack FRT_1flag.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
[continuing]
ERROR[levelpack FRT_conquest.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
ERROR[levelpack FRT_conquest.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
[continuing]
ERROR[levelpack FRT_ctf.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
ERROR[levelpack FRT_ctf.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
[continuing]
ERROR[levelpack FRT_cw_ships.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
ERROR[levelpack FRT_cw_ships.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
[continuing]
ERROR[levelpack FRT_eli.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
ERROR[levelpack FRT_eli.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
[continuing]
ERROR[levelpack FRT_gcw_ships.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
ERROR[levelpack FRT_gcw_ships.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
[continuing]
ERROR[levelpack FRT_kotor_ships.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
ERROR[levelpack FRT_kotor_ships.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
[continuing]
14 Errors 0 Warnings

ucft <--

ucft <--
[continuing]
2 Errors 0 Warnings

[/code]
The map is recognised by Battlefront II and does load, but like most Munge errors loads a blank map with no assets, spawns or pathing at all.

Key points which are clearly issues:
Hidden/Spoiler:
In the past there have been issues with the background terrain shown in quite a few more recent screenshots, the model named FR_terrain.msh would not munge after a cleaned it shortly after Hunt and Conquest started playing up (Hunt wouldn't load the right layers and Conquest just wouldn't work, however after I cleaned, I found the problem :/ (I was a stupid).
The jawacampjunk17 problem has been resolved since the making of this post however the main problem still remains, fixing this is the key to the continuation of my map by myself or Fabricio. While it is clear something isn't loading these or they aren't being munged the following files are not recognised:
[code]ERROR[levelpack FRT_1flag.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
[continuing]
[continuing]
[continuing]
[continuing]
[continuing]
[continuing]
[continuing]
14 Errors 0 Warnings[/code]
I would appreciate any help given to solve this issue, after this is fixed I may continue to use this thread since in the past this map has been known to break and I am not the most skilful at fixing issues.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: BF3: Tatooine Help Thread

Post by Teancum »

Silly questions, but have you done a manual clean? Have you ever stopped a munge before it was completed? If you haven't manually cleaned, check the FAQ for a how-to. It's saved my bacon numerous times.
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by iamastupid »

Teancum wrote:Silly questions, but have you done a manual clean? Have you ever stopped a munge before it was completed? If you haven't manually cleaned, check the FAQ for a how-to. It's saved my bacon numerous times.
Manual cleaned and complete munge every time. Just these files won't munge, and I have absolutely no idea why, they're all set up correctly in the lua and ZE as far as I'm aware.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

If you run a manual clean and zip it up/upload it I can take a look. My guess is that there's one specific file causing something that cascades issues, but I can only guess without seeing it.

(The manual clean will clear out munged files, making the upload file size smaller)
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by iamastupid »

Teancum wrote:If you run a manual clean and zip it up/upload it I can take a look. My guess is that there's one specific file causing something that cascades issues, but I can only guess without seeing it.

(The manual clean will clear out munged files, making the upload file size smaller)
Alright so I've manually cleaned it, I haven't munged after I fixed the jawacampjunk17 issue which I am now munging after the manual clean, if errors persist the Mungelog will be added here.
In the events it does break again:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link to map source 22/02/18: (REMOVED BY TEANCUM)
Only Download to help with issues that may arise and do not share or distribute functional munged files.
I think removing the jcj17 issue might've fixed the REQ file being munged which should fix the layers not munging, if that is the case then I live up to my username. If I have magically fixed it then delete this thread, or keep it and I'll use again for other issues. If ERRORS reoccur then FUN TIMES AHEAD
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Downloading now. I'll delete the link from your post once I'm done so your work doesn't get stolen.
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by iamastupid »

Teancum wrote:Downloading now. I'll delete the link from your post once I'm done so your work doesn't get stolen.
So it munged now, which is an improvement. Then there is now this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
All common models are loading and being placed, however any custom models or assets from the world directory doesn't, any ideas or help?

P.S: If you want to have a look at this yourself the munge time is quite long
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I took a quick look a little bit ago. None of the models have a low-res or Collision which is causing it to go super slow. I'll take some time when I have a chance to make those. It's really just duplicating the model and renaming it and then hiding those things, but it'll speed up munging
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by iamastupid »

Teancum wrote:I took a quick look a little bit ago. None of the models have a low-res or Collision which is causing it to go super slow. I'll take some time when I have a chance to make those. It's really just duplicating the model and renaming it and then hiding those things, but it'll speed up munging
Thank you
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

So I don't know that there's much I can do here. There are 2 1/2 gigs of textures alone. There are 1104 textures, and some (59) are as huge as 16mb each. According to the log 112 textures didn't load because there was no more room in the memory pool (which isn't extendable). You might be able to get this to run, but to get it to run reliably you need to cut back to the extreme. I'll play with it a bit more, but I can't promise anything.

***EDIT***
Here's a list of severity 3 errors (that can cause a crash) that I encountered after deleting all bump maps and batch-scaling all big textures down by 50%
Hidden/Spoiler:
Message Severity: 3
C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Source\EntityProp.cpp(539)
Prop "FR_Junk7" geometry "JawaCampJunk13" not found

Prop "FR_Rock6" geometry "TFU_PalaceRock1" not found

Prop "FR_Junk10" geometry "JawaCampJunk17" not found

C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Source\LoadUtil.cpp(1172)
Could not find odf "tfu_dockwallpipes1"!

C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Source\LoadUtil.cpp(1222)
Attempting to build an object, tfu_dockwallpipes1, that does not have an .odf file associated with it

C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Source\EntityProp.cpp(921)
Prop "FR_Junk7" not built: "ALL YOUR MODEL ARE BELONG TO US."

Prop "FR_Rock6" not built: "ALL YOUR MODEL ARE BELONG TO US."

C:\Battlefront2\main\RedEngineFL\Util\RedSceneObject.cpp(93)
RedSceneObject: SetRenderRadius(10015.80) out of range

Could not find odf "tfu_garbagepipes1"!

Attempting to build an object, tfu_garbagepipes1, that does not have an .odf file associated with it

Prop "FR_Junk10" not built: "ALL YOUR MODEL ARE BELONG TO US."

RedSceneObject: SetRenderRadius(10157.74) out of range

C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Source\CommandPost.cpp(279)
Exceeded 16 command posts!
So you're missing some ODFs and some geometry, plus you have more than 16 command posts. Those will have to be fixed before it will load properly. Looking in ZE it looks like there's a duplicate of every object, region and spawn path on the Conquest layer has been duplicated, so that would account for the command posts.
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by iamastupid »

Teancum wrote:So I don't know that there's much I can do here. There are 2 1/2 gigs of textures alone. There are 1104 textures, and some (59) are as huge as 16mb each. According to the log 112 textures didn't load because there was no more room in the memory pool (which isn't extendable). You might be able to get this to run, but to get it to run reliably you need to cut back to the extreme. I'll play with it a bit more, but I can't promise anything.

***EDIT***
Here's a list of severity 3 errors (that can cause a crash) that I encountered after deleting all bump maps and batch-scaling all big textures down by 50%
Hidden/Spoiler:
Prop "FR_Junk7" geometry "JawaCampJunk13" not found

Prop "FR_Rock6" geometry "TFU_PalaceRock1" not found

Prop "FR_Junk10" geometry "JawaCampJunk17" not found

Could not find odf "tfu_dockwallpipes1"!

Attempting to build an object, tfu_dockwallpipes1, that does not have an .odf file associated with it

Prop "FR_Junk7" not built: "ALL YOUR MODEL ARE BELONG TO US."

RedSceneObject: SetRenderRadius(10015.80) out of range

Could not find odf "tfu_garbagepipes1"!

Attempting to build an object, tfu_garbagepipes1, that does not have an .odf file associated with it

Prop "FR_Junk10" not built: "ALL YOUR MODEL ARE BELONG TO US."

RedSceneObject: SetRenderRadius(10157.74) out of range

C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Source\CommandPost.cpp(279)
Exceeded 16 command posts!
So you're missing some ODFs and some geometry, plus you have more than 16 command posts. Those will have to be fixed before it will load properly. Looking in ZE it looks like there's a duplicate of every object, region and spawn path on the Conquest layer has been duplicated, so that would account for the command posts.
Thank you, I didn't notice or even understand how there were duplicated props, that has been solved and the map now works again, I have also patched the severity 3 errors.
I am now joy filled as I re-add everything that was removed when the map was remade or during the original issue.
Hidden/Spoiler:
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

One thing I'd like to add due to textures being white: I had the exact same issue and it was because almost all textures were 2K (aka 16mb). Reducing them to 1K (e.g. you save a fourth of every 2K texture since in one 2K there fit four 1K inside); and it fixed the bug. To be honest even when BF2 can render them fine, I personally do not recommend having many textures to be 2K. One step I am going to go (for my next beta release) was to reduce down all texture's sizes to 1K. It saves TONS of file size and space, it munges faster and usually people with older machines ain't lag too much anymore. Also it allows me to have more different textures loaded.
Short said: In BF2 there is a texture limit in terms of MB (Like it is 16 or 32MB for the PSP/PS2 versions). The PC version might have a lot more, but by having 2K's, 4K's the limit is reached very quickly. Also in terms of quality there wouldn't be too much of a difference. It will also fix this "corny-effect" when you have -maps 1 in your .tga.option's.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Nice to see things are running! I'd still recommend trimming things down as you're not going to see a difference between 1k and 2k textures in SWBF2.
SleepKiller
Corporal
Corporal
xbox live or psn: N/A

Post by SleepKiller »

Teancum wrote:Nice to see things are running! I'd still recommend trimming things down as you're not going to see a difference between 1k and 2k textures in SWBF2.
That statement seems a bit too broad to actually hold in every circumstance. It surely depends on multi factors like resolution being used, distance from the camera and the total screenspace the texture takes up on average. It many cases you very probably won't see a difference, but I wouldn't say that you never will.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

SleepKiller wrote:
Teancum wrote:Nice to see things are running! I'd still recommend trimming things down as you're not going to see a difference between 1k and 2k textures in SWBF2.
That statement seems a bit too broad to actually hold in every circumstance. It surely depends on multi factors like resolution being used, distance from the camera and the total screenspace the texture takes up on average. It many cases you very probably won't see a difference, but I wouldn't say that you never will.
Yeah, you'll absolutely see a difference on really large props (like REALLY large), terrain, and skydomes. But on characters and weapons? Probably not, unless your character mesh doesn't make very good use of its UV space. ;)

It is worth noting that large textures (especially ones with a lot of gradient shading) generally won't look particularly great unless you have the `-format a8r8g8b8` option set for the textures, since the default compression looks preeeeetty bad tbh