Not sure what to do for PC_Munglog Error

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Not sure what to do for PC_Munglog Error

Post by MissingTexture »

Hey all,

Munged a custom side but got this in my error log:
Hidden/Spoiler:
ERROR[levelpack req\centurion_inf_unique_heavy.req]:Expecting bracket, but none was found.
File : munged\pc\centurion_unique_helm_d.texture.req(1)...

ucft <--
ERROR[levelpack req\centurion_inf_unique_heavy.req]:Expecting bracket, but none was found.

ucft <--

2 Errors 0 Warnings

ERROR[levelpack spartans.req]:Expecting bracket, but none was found.

ucft <--
ERROR[levelpack spartans.req]:Expecting bracket, but none was found.

ucft <--

2 Errors 0 Warnings
The other team loaded fine ingame, but this team will not load at all into the map. Any reasons as to why?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Not sure what to do for PC_Munglog Error

Post by Teancum »

Is that texture a power of 2 (256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, etc)? The only other thing I would do is go into /data_[MAP NAME]/_BUILD/Sides/[SIDE NAME]/MUNGED/PC and delete all files, then re-munge the side.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

is this the first or second time you got the error message??
I noticed that if you have a script error and remunge there comes only a missing bracket message. After i cleaned and remunged i got the original error message.
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MissingTexture »

Teancum wrote:Is that texture a power of 2 (256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, etc)? The only other thing I would do is go into /data_[MAP NAME]/_BUILD/Sides/[SIDE NAME]/MUNGED/PC and delete all files, then re-munge the side.
I'll try this out, but the texture is 1024x1024 so yes it is in a power of two.
Anakin wrote:is this the first or second time you got the error message??
I noticed that if you have a script error and remunge there comes only a missing bracket message. After i cleaned and remunged i got the original error message.
This is the first time I have done it and got this message.

Edit:
Did the clean again, remunged side still crashed :/ I cannot seem to find the app that lets me run BF2 in windows mode so I can check my error log. If someone could provide that it would be great!

Tried munging sounds but this is what I got:
Hidden/Spoiler:
soundflmunge.exe : Error : Unable to open file C:\BF2_ModTools\data_HLO\Sound\shell\effects\whooshl3.wav - while munging C:\BF2_ModTools\data_HLO\Sound\shell\shell.sfx
soundflmunge.exe : Error : Unable to open file C:\BF2_ModTools\data_HLO\Sound\shell\effects\whooshl3.wav, format may be invalid - while munging C:\BF2_ModTools\data_HLO\Sound\shell\shell.sfx
soundflmunge.exe : Error : Unable to read file list C:\BF2_ModTools\data_HLO\Sound\shell\shell.sfx - while munging C:\BF2_ModTools\data_HLO\Sound\shell\shell.sfx
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

can you show us the centurion_inf_unique_heavy.req file and the parent req file?

About the sound problem, it seams that there is sound file (whooshl3.wav) missing or in the wrong format.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

MissingTexture wrote:I cannot seem to find the app that lets me run BF2 in windows mode so I can check my error log
Are you referring to the debugger? You can find it here (see question 4): viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13806

If you wish to view the contents of BFront2.log in real-time, you can do so with Glogg or Tail.

Code: Select all

soundflmunge.exe : Error : Unable to open file C:\BF2_ModTools\data_HLO\Sound\shell\effects\whooshl3.wav - while munging C:\BF2_ModTools\data_HLO\Sound\shell\shell.sfx
soundflmunge.exe : Error : Unable to open file C:\BF2_ModTools\data_HLO\Sound\shell\effects\whooshl3.wav, format may be invalid - while munging C:\BF2_ModTools\data_HLO\Sound\shell\shell.sfx
soundflmunge.exe : Error : Unable to read file list C:\BF2_ModTools\data_HLO\Sound\shell\shell.sfx - while munging C:\BF2_ModTools\data_HLO\Sound\shell\shell.sfx
These can be ignored.
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MissingTexture »

Anakin wrote:can you show us the centurion_inf_unique_heavy.req file and the parent req file?

About the sound problem, it seams that there is sound file (whooshl3.wav) missing or in the wrong format.
I figured it out, this all works well. However, having issues munging the sounds into the game.