Can a SWBF2 mod be taken down if it is to advanced.

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Grayjedi
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Breath of the rebellion mod.
Games I'm Playing :: SWB2 clasic EAW
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Can a SWBF2 mod be taken down if it is to advanced.

Post by Grayjedi »

My mod is no ware close to being done but I wanted to know if it could be taken down if it is to advanced. I would assume not but wanted to make sour. I was thinking about have game play changers like having galactic conquest redone and having actual customization and maybe having a launch path to have a different home screen to make it easier to access the customization and background. I assume this stuff would be possible to do as well. I would not so why but theses are just ideas for the moment.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds

Re: Can a SWBF2 mod be taken down if it is to advanced.

Post by Lorul1 »

Nope ! I don’t think that the admins will take your mod down for being complicated. make sure you have at least 50 percent of it done before you post a topic in the “Work In Progress” Page , and it’s good practice to have at least 50% done before you make it public for everyone to play. If you have some ideas you can always try to post them in the idea thread here : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17425&start=1420 people will tell you what they think

Also since I see your pretty new you should know that there are some limitiations to BF2 . Back when pandemic gave us the mod tools, they didn’t give us everything saddly so some things like galactic conquest can’t really be drastically changed and we have one guy who JUST now found a way how to make the home selection screen HD so there are some limitations and things that people are still discovering.

Here’s a good place to start if you are new around here : viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13806
:thumbs: good luck my friend
Grayjedi
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Grayjedi »

Thanks you to. I have got the basic map and sky and added a tie interceptor done.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Why would it be taken down if it's "too advanced?" That would make no sense lol. To answer your question though, no, it would absolutely not be taken down.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Marth8880 wrote:Why would it be taken down if it's "too advanced?" That would make no sense lol. To answer your question though, no, it would absolutely not be taken down.
Perhaps he is worried that, by 'too advanced', he might draw EA's ire or something? I don't see why, though. They'd have to ban modding of these games outright and given they don't have the rights to these particular entries there's no way they can do that.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

ggctuk wrote:Perhaps he is worried that, by 'too advanced', he might draw EA's ire or something?
But what does that even mean?
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Marth8880 wrote:
ggctuk wrote:Perhaps he is worried that, by 'too advanced', he might draw EA's ire or something?
But what does that even mean?
Maybe he thinks that if his mod is 'too complex', he's worried that EA might take notice and order it taken down. It's a notion that has little support, though - they'd have done it by now if they were going to (SWBF3 Legacy, for instance, would have been a prime target). It's as I said, they don't own the original games so they can't make that call. So long as there's no assets being ripped from EA's games, it's still a case of 'do what you want (within the rules)'.
Grayjedi
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Grayjedi »

That is kind of what I was thinking but thought that they did not have the rights but what if I were to make my own story campaigns with cut science using characters from tv shows could Disney do anything a bought that? I think that's what I was really worried a bought but did not mention it when I mad the post.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Grayjedi wrote:That is kind of what I was thinking but thought that they did not have the rights but what if I were to make my own story campaigns with cut science using characters from tv shows could Disney do anything a bought that? I think that's what I was really worried a bought but did not mention it when I mad the post.
Disney could do anything with their IP. However, LucasFilm has been fairly supportive of fan creations for Star Wars and Disney have carried that on. So long as you're not doing anything to directly violate copyright (IE ripping video from the films or TV shows directly), you'll be alright. Using the characters and settings will be fine.
Grayjedi
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Grayjedi »

All right and I have little experience but have done a little of creating games and modding and have been working hard at 3d modeling. Should I work with other people first or is it fine if I start working on mine and ask people to see if they want to join once I have some of my mod completed. I would think it would be wise to have some of my work done and have a clear plan on what to work on step by step before I start getting a mod team together.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Grayjedi wrote:I would think it would be wise to have some of my work done and have a clear plan on what to work on step by step before I start getting a mod team together.
Yes, that would be very wise indeed! :thumbs: