The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ikselPL
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

The Big Hoth Map (The map ,no world)

Post by ikselPL »

Hello! I want to show you my idea of ​​Hoth, You can see the map on link at end. I hope that some Moder / Maper will be interested. I added 2 destroyed ships of the old republic buried in the snow. link: https://i.imgur.com/fkFemQ4.png ot bigger https://i.imgur.com/y4mTf3q.png
Warregory
Private Second Class
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by Warregory »

You know, someone should try making Dee'ja Peak from Star Wars Galaxies. It was my favorite city in game, always hung out here when I wasn't out flying. Anyways, it'd make for an interesting map, with varying levels of elevation and should. Custom assets wouldn't be needed too.

Perhaps I should try my hand at making it.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Warregory wrote:You know, someone should try making Dee'ja Peak from Star Wars Galaxies. It was my favorite city in game.
Not sure if you are aware but someone did make a map related to it with this link: https://www.gamewatcher.com/downloads/s ... a-peak-1-0
It most likely will not be what you expected but somebody tried to make it.
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:
Warregory wrote:You know, someone should try making Dee'ja Peak from Star Wars Galaxies. It was my favorite city in game.
Not sure if you are aware but someone did make a map related to it with this link: https://www.gamewatcher.com/downloads/s ... a-peak-1-0
Hmm, not exactly what I expected but it's cool someone had the same idea as me, haha.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Warregory wrote:
MikeTheBeast55 wrote:
Hmm, not exactly what I expected but it's cool someone had the same idea as me, haha.
One of my side projects was devoted to something like this - locations from SWG. I have a chart/list of locations I wanted to do, and Dee'ja Peak was one of those locations, along with the battle between the Empire and Gungans POI. Another map would be Fort Tusken. I also had plans for locations on Mustafar. That's originally what my The Exile's Voyage mod was going to be, but I was ignorant about modding during that time, and AQT realized it for me. If I get around to it, I'll attempt to map it, but no promises.
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

RevanSithLord wrote:
Warregory wrote:
MikeTheBeast55 wrote:
One of my side projects was devoted to something like this - locations from SWG. I have a chart/list of locations I wanted to do, and Dee'ja Peak was one of those locations, along with the battle between the Empire and Gungans POI. Another map would be Fort Tusken. I also had plans for locations on Mustafar. That's originally what my The Exile's Voyage mod was going to be, but I was ignorant about modding during that time, and AQT realized it for me. If I get around to it, I'll attempt to map it, but no promises.
Even if Dee'ja isn't included I'll definitely keep an ear out for this. Sounds like a unique project. To my knowledge, no one's adapted SWG content before; in a large scale, that is.
Reapeageddon
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Considering making Lothal
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: PSN#Reapeageddon

Post by Reapeageddon »

Hello and welcome to 2018 everyone!
I had an idea for a Death Star II map.
You know how there's a Death Star II throne room and a Space Battle of Endor?
I don't know if BF2's engine can run this, but I'm thinking along the lines of a space battle around the DS2 with part of the Executor in the playable area.
The goal is to infiltrate the Death Star and sabotage it.
Thoughts?
Now onto how some things could work and things I might need.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Rebel U-Wing would carry 10 men? 8? And when you land everyone would get off. For the sabotage part you could have a command post which takes a bit of time to take and after that a little proximity bomb model.
Assets needed would be a slightly higher quality DH-17, a higher quality E-11 (IMO the current one could be much much better), U-Wing models, U-Wing cockpit (probably made from scratch), and I assume TIE Reapers as I can't think of better landing craft for Stormtroopers because the Lambda Shuttle feels like it's too elite, like it's for higher-ranking officers. Death Star interior models. Proximity bomb models. Death Star infrastructure.
spectreseven1138
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: SWBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: SpectreSevenPS -PS

Post by spectreseven1138 »

Reapeageddon wrote:Hello and welcome to 2018 everyone!
I had an idea for a Death Star II map.
You know how there's a Death Star II throne room and a Space Battle of Endor?
I don't know if BF2's engine can run this, but I'm thinking along the lines of a space battle around the DS2 with part of the Executor in the playable area.
The goal is to infiltrate the Death Star and sabotage it.
Thoughts?
Now onto how some things could work and things I might need.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Rebel U-Wing would carry 10 men? 8? And when you land everyone would get off. For the sabotage part you could have a command post which takes a bit of time to take and after that a little proximity bomb model.
Assets needed would be a slightly higher quality DH-17, a higher quality E-11 (IMO the current one could be much much better), U-Wing models, U-Wing cockpit (probably made from scratch), and I assume TIE Reapers as I can't think of better landing craft for Stormtroopers because the Lambda Shuttle feels like it's too elite, like it's for higher-ranking officers. Death Star interior models. Proximity bomb models. Death Star infrastructure.
Nice idea! :D

As for the models, there is a U-Wing in Gogie's scarif map pack (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=32850 and http://www.moddb.com/mods/scarif-map-pack-v10-2-maps/ so you might be able to get permission for using it. For the Imperial troop transport, you could use TIE Landers (these things:
Hidden/Spoiler:
You could also use the Imperial Patrol Transports if you somehow found them or make them:
Hidden/Spoiler:
or just stick with TIE Reapers, which are also in Gogie's map pack.

I have no idea about the weapons or the throne room, but most of the original Death Star's interior could be reused for the second Death Star. If the map gets going I could make some 3D models required, but I don't know how to make models for things like vehicles, so just terrain and scenery etc. :thumbs:
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by RedHardcore »

Minus the Award statistics, currently, the only 4 Statistics Are Kills, Deaths, Kill/Death Ratio, and Points Per Life. I was wondering if its possible to create additional statistics, because statistics reminds me of the progress i've made in the game. Examples of some statistics i've come up with include:

- Battle Count (total number of battles played and completed)
- Favorite Map (counts how many times you play each map with the most played map displayed)
- Highest Kill Streak (most kills in one life. Heroes don't count)
- Average Battle Time (Total minutes spent in battles unpaused divided by number of battles)
- Total battle time (unpaused in weeks, days, hours and minutes)
- Wins (Victory's)
- Losses (Defeat's)
- Win/Lose ratio
- Highest combo (kill chain where each kill is less than 3 seconds apart, non-explosives only. Applies to blaster rifle, pistol, sniper, shotgun, and other non-splash weapons. Heroes don't count)
- Largest Blood (most number of kills in one shot, does not count towards Highest Combos. Applies to grenades, rockets, mines, etc. Heroes don't count)
- CP's captured (when you gain 5 points for capturing a cp)
- CP's assisted (when you gain 2 points for capturing a cp)
- Flags Captured
- Vehicles destroyed (ground or space. must be occupied by the enemy)
- Graceful Wins (winning a battle in a scenario where you are the last reinforcement. Winning as a hero doesn't count)
- Headshots (self explanitory)
- Close Call's (winning a battle in a scenario where you are the last reinforcement and kill the last enemy reinforcement with less than 20% health, or the last enemy takes at least 50% of your health (won't count if you are a droideka and you turn on your shield), or win an Assault/Hunt battle by 1 point from the opponent. Winning as a hero doesn't count).
- Easy Wins (Winning a battle with more than 50% of reinforcements remaining, capturing all enemy cp's with more than 20% of enemy reinforcements remaining, winning an assault battle having more triple the points of the enemy, winning a hunt battle with more than double the points of the enemy, winning as a hero, or playing as a hero at least twice with at least 30 kills)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

@RedHardcore: Most of those are absolutely possible to track via script - the only problem is saving them. Zerted made a saving/loading system; I'm pretty sure it *requires* the player to go through the 'save file' UI flow, which could get annoying after each round, but I could be wrong.
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold

Post by Isaac1138 »

I have a great era mod idea! Republic Elite Forces mod featuring Omega Squad and the Mandalorian forces in this expensive toy set.

I realized that no one has ever made this clone model btw, thats part of the set.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

I've just stumbled upon the site of one of the concept artists for the new Star Wars films. For the most part, it's props such as guns, but you can actually see how the blasters of Rogue One and The Force Awakens were designed.

https://www.mattsavconcept.com/

EDIT: DylanRocket has uploaded a video that shows the layout of other 'prototype' maps (of which we only have the actual map for one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfc5GffWxlk&t=1s
Naacal

Turbolaser mod?

Post by Naacal »

In the vanilla game, the large turbo lasers fire a beam at the enemy capital ship instead of the blaster bolts we see in the movies. Is there a mod out there that changes this very small detail? I'm aware there is a mod on Nexus that does exactly this, but it comes in a format that only other modders can use. Any help is appreciated!
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by RedHardcore »

Star Wars Battlefront II (2005) Battle Royale game mode.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

I'm working on a partial remaster of Cloud City. I'm working to similar rules I did for my Visually-Improved sides: nothing that alters gameplay in any significant way. In other words I'm going for purely cosmetic. Having said that there may be an opportunity to 'tidy up' planning and paths.

Here's a few screens so far of what I have in mind:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Thankfully, Star Wars: Rivals has a Carbon Freezing Chamber that is pretty dead-on to the EA version (it's not the same model though - I certainly couldn't see EA's model working in a mobile title) so I can utilise elements from that (since it's a Disney release). However I'm keeping the basic shapes the same as stock and I'm also pulling textures and bits from SWBF3 as well. So visually, I think it will look pretty nice when it's all done. I'm toying with whether to change the Exhaust Shaft too. ATM I'm using the original shaft model with the SWBF3 texture but I'm wondering if it's worth changing the model entirely so that it's 'inside' with a view to the shaft like it is in the film/SWBF3/EA's version. I can always remember being a tad disappointed with it TBH because it's so small in scale.

EDIT: Yep, I'm making that into a new room.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I'm also working on adding in doors to the buildings and possibly retexturing some of the hallways.

I'd consider remastering other maps similarly without affecting gameplay. Any suggestions? I've already 'remastered' Kashyyyk: Docks using SWBF2 models and I'm toying with remastering Theed using partial reconstructions based on Sereja's Theed assets.
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by RedHardcore »

Has anyone ever thought about making a custom produced SWBF2 Mod Tools program?