Light color gone after reopening world map [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

GarfSnacks
Private Recruit
Projects :: Utapau Attack 2.0
Games I'm Playing :: MTG Arena
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Light color gone after reopening world map [Solved]

Post by GarfSnacks »

Hey guys,

I'm glad to see this forum is still alive, it's been along time since I was last here ( under a different avatar name)
I decided to get back into modding so here I am trying to figure things out again lol

I've been battling this issue for about a week now and can't seem to solve it by way of docs or forum searches.

The problem: All my omni/spotlights turn white the following time I open the editor. The lights only appear white in editor, but If I munge and play, their respective color is there. This makes it difficult to update light colors if I need to or burn light colors into the terrain.

I have a directional light hooked up to my global directional light settings (set to 255)
My omni lights are static/cast shadows/cast specular
I'll burn the terrain and the omni will cast its color onto the terrain.
If I close the editor and reopen, the omni light will appear white.
If I reburn the terrain, the color that was cast onto the terrain by the omni will update to white.

I apologize if this was covered in another topic, I really did try searching for this issue.

EDIT
Update: So of course I find a solution right after I post this. I set my lights to dynamic, but I can only imagine this increases how expensive they are, no?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Light color gone after reopening world map [Solved]

Post by Maveritchell »

I wouldn't sweat optimization unless you see the game start to hit some self-enforced limits. The game's old enough that pretty much anyone who would run it is playing it on a machine that's overbudgeted for the game.
GarfSnacks
Private Recruit
Projects :: Utapau Attack 2.0
Games I'm Playing :: MTG Arena
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Light color gone after reopening world map [Solved]

Post by GarfSnacks »

Fair enough, I'll take a look at some of the hard limits now so that I can build around them. Thanks Maveritchell