Naboo: Assault on Theed

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Naboo: Assault on Theed

Post by Isaac1138 »

Cyberctf346 wrote:I’m not saying I believe this but has anyone heard the May 7th rumors. They are rumors that Dice is abondoning the game next January. Again I don’t really believe them but if they are true you may be the only hope we have left lorul. So keep the project going an give us updates when you can.

Of course it can from Reddit which is why I don’t entirely believe it because reddit is a “a hive of scum Andy villainy.”
correction, the EA and disney workers are a "hive of scum and villainy"
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Isaac1138 wrote:correction, the EA and disney workers are a "hive of scum and villainy"
Wow, that's... actually an incredibly disrespectful thing to say.
Cyberctf346
Private
Projects :: Galaxy Expanded Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by Cyberctf346 »

Isaac1138 wrote:
Cyberctf346 wrote:I’m not saying I believe this but has anyone heard the May 7th rumors. They are rumors that Dice is abondoning the game next January. Again I don’t really believe them but if they are true you may be the only hope we have left lorul. So keep the project going an give us updates when you can.

Of course it can from Reddit which is why I don’t entirely believe it because reddit is a “a hive of scum Andy villainy.”
correction, the EA and disney workers are a "hive of scum and villainy"
Well it depends. I agree with marth in this one. If the rumor is true, as Kylo Ren once said (in swbf2 EA), “Cowards!!”
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

If you plan on doing hero skins, I think it'd be cool if you set up custom fake console commands that allow you to select different hero skins rather than making them random. Basically like the skin changer mod.
Cyberctf346 wrote:They are rumors that Dice is abondoning the game next January.
This rumor originates from a Reddit post titled "Roadmap, geonosis other inside stuff" in which the user Sharing_is_Caryng stated that we'd be getting a 2v2 hero mode, a Starfighter Arcade mode, a map ported from Battlefront 2015, and a map set on a new planet. The same user also sent a screenshot of a Boussh skin for Leia to another Redditor who then posted it to /r/StarWarsBattlefront. All of this was posted prior to the Community Transmission and so far everything has proven to be correct. In that post, the user also mentioned that "the sad story that happened with 2015 will repeat again... the devs are moved to another project due to another big title launch (this time an AAA game with at least the high expectation from the last time)" so this has been interpreted by the community as "abandoning the game by January" since support ended for the first EA Battlefront in January 2017.
Cyberctf346 wrote:Of course it can from Reddit which is why I don’t entirely believe it because reddit is a “a hive of scum Andy villainy.”
Prior to launch, there was a Redditor called some_info who leaked a lot of information for the game that turned out to be legitimate so don't totally discount the leaks just because they originate from Reddit.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds

Post by Lorul1 »

I gotta say I sadly do believe the rumors because not only has the leaker been true about other things but it doesn’t sound “outlandish” . It doesn’t surprise me that dice would “abandoning ship” and while I would love to step in and say - “we will be better then them” and release our own clone wars season etc ... I think it would be amazing and I totally WANT to do this HOWEVER is not 100% ... practical

Im pretty branched out and do things other than battlefront modding, I make skins for GTA5, I’m a rising animator with adobe animate cc, I run a YouTube channel, and love playing fun games, and have a busy real life too, so those things take up a lot of time.

I’ve been at this theed map (and actually the entire project) for about 10 months and we have come a long way but still have TONS to do. it would take YEARS for me to catch up to EA. And I can’t be making this mod forever :funny2: eventually I gotta move on

BUT today and right now I will continue (obviously) - these mods take a long time especially since I’m doing way to many things.

Personally I wouldn’t turn to me of all people as your “last hope” lol but I am honored so thank you ! Hopefully I won’t let you guys down - rest assured I will work at this project until we have a few maps done and then MAYBE I’ll hand it off to another modder or MAYBE make it open source - who knows - it’s to early to call it right now !!! In the end, hopefully you all will get some really fun maps out of this little project ... SLOWLY but surely. Stay tuned everyone :thumbs:
Cyberctf346
Private

Post by Cyberctf346 »

When I said last hope I meant for theed. I just don’t want it to be cancelled like other mods do. And let’s say ea gives up on battlefront 2 and yes these would be a rarish scenario but if ea shuts servers down. We either have Disney to rely on or you can continue theed and we could still play the new maps but in the old game. But I agree the rumours arntbthat outlandish.
Huscarl
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: Good Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: PSN - Huscarl

Post by Huscarl »

From what I heard, EA and every other company that was helping make it has completely abandoned the project and the only people still holding on is DICE which only has about a hundred (maybe few) people working on it which is why content is taking so long. So I raise a glass to you and say thank you DICE for still believing when others didnt

Cyberctf346
Private

Post by Cyberctf346 »

Wise words huscarl. I don’t get why people get so mad with DICE. If EA would do something right for once they would support DICE in this project. It’s because of EA’s greed. I really don’t blame DICE for anything that went wrong in that game. The loot boxes, the progression system. But yeah thank you for continuing your project on battlefront 2 DICE. I think we all appreciate it.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Off-topic:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Huscarl"]From what I heard, EA and every other company that was helping make it has completely abandoned the project and the only people still holding on is DICE which only has about a hundred (maybe few) people working on it which is why content is taking so long.[/quote]
The only source for this is a Reddit post. Is accepting anonymous Reddit posts as fact the timeline we're living in now? :P

Also,
[quote]EA and every other company that was helping make it has completely abandoned the project and the only people still holding on is DICE[/quote]
Several things:
- EA doesn't make games, EA publishes games. EA was never "helping make it" in the first place - they're a publisher, publishers rarely make development decisions. For EA to "completely abandon" a project would be to pull 100% of the funding and marketing, which are both demonstrably untrue.
- Motive's sole purpose on the project was to build the campaign; their job is finished.
- Dunno what Criterion's role even was on the project. Regardless, they're a Need For Speed developer, so the fact that they were helping in the first place is bizarre.
- 100ish people is about the average size of a support team for an already-released game.
- Content takes so long to get out the door because it always has to go through a certification process with Microsoft and Sony, which takes quite a bit of time. Sure, there might be other reasons as well, but I can almost guarantee that the cert process is the primary reason.

[quote="Cyberctf346"]I don’t get why people get so mad with DICE. If EA would do something right for once they would support DICE in this project. It’s because of EA’s greed. I really don’t blame DICE for anything that went wrong in that game. The loot boxes, the progression system.[/quote]
In virtually all cases, any problems relating to a game's design should be blamed on the developer, not the publisher. As such, people get so mad with DICE because DICE is the one making all of these decisions, not EA. EA does NOT make those kinds of decisions, period; they don't make the kinds of decisions that affect the design of their subsidiaries' games, they're not stupid enough to do that. Maybe they were stupid enough to do that back when Riccitiello was CEO from 2007-2013, but definitely not while under Andrew Wilson.
Calrissian97
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: ANF - ISM Skin Changer - BF1 Ports
Games I'm Playing :: All teh BFs

Post by Calrissian97 »

Marth8880- Dunno what Criterion's role even was on the project. Regardless, they're a Need For Speed developer, so the fact that they were helping in the first place is bizarre.
I believe they handled everything concerning starfighters (possibly my favorite part of the game) and maybe other vehicles as well.

P.S.
Good rebuttal :yes:
Cyberctf346
Private

Post by Cyberctf346 »

DICE just release a new variant of theed the other day. Dusk theed to be exact. Is it possible to add that to the map.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

yup - will be added eventually !
SupremeLeaderSnoke
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by SupremeLeaderSnoke »

Has any progress been made lately? :)
Huscarl
Private Third Class

Post by Huscarl »

Lol wondering same thing
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

So yeah guys there has been some pretty good progress made but the reason why i don't have a lot to show off is because visually nothing has changed. Why ? Because in order to go past the object limit I have to combine multiple objects in a whole other program AND make sure they line up with the rest of the props in game - i was doing a lot of this a few months ago BUT even back then I was much closer to the object limit than i had thought ! - Doing this NOW instead of making a lot of visual changes is necessary in order to get the whole entire palace interior to load into the game without going over the object limit - and will ultimately help the game run smooth even with tons of props !

its a long tedious process but Im just about done and finishing it up ! ill have pictures of the finished outside of theed once i am done !
ALSO I will be going to E3 next week which will slow down development for a bit ! but if any of you will be at E3 or EA Play 2018 then definitely tell me so you can get to see me in real life lol !
Cyberctf346
Private

Post by Cyberctf346 »

I don’t know if all of you heard but at EA play they confirmed a clone wars season with obi wan, Anakin, grevious, and dooku. Also a new map Geonosis. Just wanted to spread the news.
Huscarl
Private Third Class

Post by Huscarl »

@Cyberctf346

Right? I'm so excited

I dont know if any of u play EA's Battlefront 2 but just to let u know about the SOLO season; u gotta buy lando's ship for credits for some reason (At the bottom of the games homepage when u click SOLO season)
Cyberctf346
Private

Post by Cyberctf346 »

Huscarl wrote:@Cyberctf346

Right? I'm so excited

I dont know if any of u play EA's Battlefront 2 but just to let u know about the SOLO season; u gotta buy lando's ship for credits for some reason (At the bottom of the games homepage when u click SOLO season)
Yes I do play EA’s battlefront 2. And I don’t know about landos ship. In the faq it said that upcoming hero’s will need to be purchased. I honestly don’t play starfighters much. So I think I’m going to get the skin for chewy because that’s one unit that has only the bandages skin.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

I feel like been such a long time some I’ve been on Gametoast lol - it’s because of discord guys and soon we will have a server to talk about this mod project. Today I’m happy to report that the palace is back in the game and better than ever guys - no more crashes thanks to allllllllll that object merging I had to do now the object limit can include the palace ! The game is running faster now as well and is looking beautiful as always ! I will have updated pics to show later this week XD
Huscarl
Private Third Class

Post by Huscarl »

Sounds great! Will u be giving us a link to the discord and updating the download links of the unofficial march update links?