Rectangles [Solved]

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Cattermelon
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Rectangles [Solved]

Post by Cattermelon »

Okay this is definitely a dumb question, but how the heck do I go about making a 3d rectangle in softimage?
Last edited by Cattermelon on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Rectangles

Post by Marth8880 »

Do you mean a cube, or do you mean an actual flat plane?

For a cube, you go to Get > Primitive > Polygon Mesh > Cube.
For a plane, you go to Get > Primitive > Polygon Mesh > Grid.

I highly recommend you go through a number of these vids: viewtopic.php?p=445368#p445368
Cattermelon
Private

Post by Cattermelon »

Okay I suppose I should've just asked this in the first post. Noob moment right there. I've tried to make a rectangle in softimage already, by creating a cube, and then I just changed one of its coordinates so it was a 2x2x0.5 shape or something like that. It munged fine and the texture was placed on it correctly but when I loaded my world up it was just a normal cube. All sides totally symmetrical. And thanks for the link! I'll be sure to comb through those in my spare time.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Cattermelon wrote:It munged fine and the texture was placed on it correctly but when I loaded my world up it was just a normal cube.
Mmm, that's because you need to freeze the operator stack in order to "save" any changes made to a poly mesh's components.

or

Relevant vid:

Cattermelon
Private

Post by Cattermelon »

Your solution worked! thanks so much for the help, glad there's people like you on GT to answer all my noob questions. :lol: