Star Wars Battlefront I / II for iPhone XS, iPad Pro 2018?

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Star Wars Battlefront I / II for iPhone XS, iPad Pro 2018?

Post by RedHardcore »

I wonder if the game could be reversed engineered or if a key developer of the old game that could make an iOS / android port of the game. GTA San Andreas was made around that era and that game is available on iOS. Because of how advanced the new iPhones and iPads are nowadays, I don't see why not?

Even better if the port can be based off the PC version so that we can install modded maps and sides on either a jailbroken / rooted device, or a way to sideload them in.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: Star Wars Battlefront I / II for iPhone XS, iPad Pro 201

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Source code for BF1 & BF2 will probably never be released. The best thing you'll ever get is PPSSPP emulator with the PSP version of SWBF2. Maybe PS2 emulation when devices become strong enough, like 20 years from now.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Best you could hope for is for somebody who knows what they are doing to decompile the compiled executeables. Even then, you lose all the comments and suchlike, and some of it is bound to come out garbled anyway. You won't know what does what.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

The very best thing that could be done is to recreate the game in Unity using its released assets (maybe just GCW and Coruscant to start with) with very simplified controls, conquest and some minor additions and gameplay mechanics. Like....you just need one map, 2 sides (maybe also just riflemen to start with), simple animations and some smaller things. Conquest as the only mode, controls made for iOS/Mobile phones and then you can start extending it by adding more units, weapons, game modes, sounds....vehicles, maps, missions etc.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

The problem with doing that is that EA would surely have Disney shut it down. There's a world of difference between a mod project, a port and a complete remake as this suggestion would be.
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by RedHardcore »

AnthonyBF2 wrote:Source code for BF1 & BF2 will probably never be released. The best thing you'll ever get is PPSSPP emulator with the PSP version of SWBF2. Maybe PS2 emulation when devices become strong enough, like 20 years from now.
More like 3-4 years from now.

I still can't see why this can't happen. Its not always about the money. Yes, it will cost money to buy the game, but some native portability would be really neat. But sadly, even if EA liked the idea and agreed to create and release it, they would throw in ads, and other bs and unnecessary in-app purchases, unless an agreement were to be made with the original developers. And mods would be impossible unless your device is jailbroken.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Even with a jailbroken iOS device you don't get as deep access to the processing power of the phone (see PPSSPP's website for my source) so emulation on iPhones is really slow. Besides, it's hard enough to play SWBF2 on PSP with only one analog stick. I can't imagine how difficult it would be on a phone using only touch.