Release of Kashyyyk Docks Public Beta

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

TAWArtemis

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Release of Kashyyyk Docks Pu

Post by TAWArtemis »

JK514 wrote:imho
Change Anakin to Yoda:)
He is too short. He sinks below the surface of the water.
Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

Ok, here is a compiled list of what needs fixing.
NOTE: Some things might have already been said, this will just make for a nice and simple check list. I might also be missing some things.

Vehicles:
Galactic Civil War:
- AT-ST spawn point needs adjusting (there are three spawn points, only two show up at the beginning)

- AT-ST Blaster fire and walking sound effects are missing

Clone Wars:
- Spider Walkers spawn point needs adjusting (there are two, one only shows up at the beginning)

- Spider Walker sound needs added (when it walks, you here no sound effects)

Two Flag CTF:
Clone Wars:
- AI on Republic side really needs to wisen up. CIS isn't as bad, but could use some work.

- Rebluic unable to capture flag

- CIS AI, when holding the flag, will run into (and get caught up in) various types of foilage, walls, and pillars.

Galactic Civil War:
- AI on Rebellion side really needs to wisen up. Empire isn't as bad, but could use some work.

- Rebellion unable to capture flag

- Empire AI, when holding the flag, will run into (and get caught up in) various types of foilage, walls, and pillars.

One Flag CTF:
Galactic Civil War:
- Starts off with 150 to 150 (like in Conquest)

- No AI appear to spawn at all in this level

Assault:
- More spawn points might need to be added. Four spawn points (two for each team) just doesn't seem to be enough. Other then that, the level seems to be fine.

As far as the bug I described before (the starting off with 4 points deal)... I was unable to bump into that bug again. So I have no clue where that came from. It was late last night when I bumped into it... so maybe I had already started a Two Flag CTF match and thought I finished, but didn't. It took me awhile to get use to the lay out, so my mind may very well have played a trick on me. I was very confused at first. Mainly because I might have been some what tired. :)

As for the Yoda comment... All heros go under water in some part of the map. I was playing as Anakin and he was completely underwater, swinging away at the tank above him. And since all heros are about as tall as him... I think it would be safe to say that they would all be completely underwater in some parts of the map.
Epena
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Release of Kashyyyk Docks Public Beta

Post by Epena »

What I noticed is that in Hero Assualt, somtimes the AI spawns inside objects on the ones closest to the beach. Might want to move those spawn points.
TAWArtemis

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Release of Kashyyyk Docks Public Bet

Post by TAWArtemis »

Epena wrote:What I noticed is that in Hero Assualt, somtimes the AI spawns inside objects on the ones closest to the beach. Might want to move those spawn points.
Thanks. I will fix
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Anything else?

I think I have everything just about done.
Added Wookies
Added Sounds for vehicles
Fixed 2 flag
Fixed walker and spider spawn (now all spawn with no delay)

I am missing 1 sound even though the sound is listed in the requirements. Any one else run into this?

I want to do the final release on this soon. Please let me know if you have other errors.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

The way the level is set up kinda limits good CTF possibilities. Maybe for 2-flag put the goals on the top ends of the docks, so it foces you to have to travel all the way around the top, giving people plenty of chances to cap the guy with the flag. With 1-flag you could keep the goals the same, but place the flag inside that back building, forcing you to have to enter and exit that building. That setup would actually be pretty challenging. These schemes leave out that back island, but if you place ships out there it's an incentive to walk out in that area of the map to grab em.

Is anyone else having that white fringe issue? I thought it was just my graphics card, but two of my friends (both with different cards - ATI and GeForce) have the same problem.
Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

One flag CTF seems challenging enough as it is, but I agree with the Two flag CTF suggestion. Two flag seemed a bit too easy... where 1 flag was so hard that you could take about an hour just to get one whole game of it in (that can be good or bad, depending on who you ask).

It seemed a lot of people weren't real big fans of CTF when I was doing Beta Testing of SWBF2, which was really the most I played online.

Personally... I like the long feuds, but don't be too surprised if you don't see that mode(s) on the dedicated servers. I could be wrong when I say that... but if the players now are anything like the ones in the beta... they look for the quicker modes (like certain Conquest maps).
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

I agree with ya Y2g2006, I like the really difficult CTF boards the best. Makes you feel like you accomplished something when you score on a difficult run...gets your adrenaline moving too. Like Death Star 1-flag online when being the Empire. You've got like 10 human players trying to prevent you from getting through that hangar tunnel, and you need to work as a team to get the flag through there. That's good gameplay!
There's some great defense/offense 2-flags too, like Kashyyk and Naboo. Sometimes playing defense is just as fun (or more) as offense.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

I have the map finished and will be posting the release.

Hello,

THis is version 1.0 of the Kashyyyk Docks map conversion.

Based on the feedback of the beta testers the following changes have been made since the Public Beta
1. Wookies added
2. Vehicle spawns moved slightly to allow all vehicles to spawn at once.
3. Flag modes fixed. 1flag is HARD but feedback was positive. Getting to the end of that dock can be tough!
4. Extra spawns added in eli mode.
5. all sounds are now fixed and specific to Kashyyyk. I did use the "Hero" music for the hero level. This is not Tatoonie music, it is the hero soundtrack per the shipped assets.
6. Heros altered from mod tool default based on tester recomendation.
7. Spawn directions fixed. Some people noticed that everyone spawned facing north.

I am very proud of this map and hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to contact me if you see me online. You can find me on the TAW website, http://www.tawsite.com, or many of you have seen me on xfire.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

http://files.filefront.com/KashyykDocks ... einfo.html

Here is the link. I will also add it to the DL section ASAP.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Release of Kashyyyk Docks Pu

Post by Guest »

TAWArtemis wrote:
JK514 wrote:imho
Change Anakin to Yoda:)
He is too short. He sinks below the surface of the water.
Or change Yoda-hero to Commander Gree-hero. :roll: