Requesting: Force Powers

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord-Bandu

Requesting: Force Powers

Post by Lord-Bandu »

As you may be aware me and Vyse are workin on a Rattatak Arena map .

Now , what we need is some cool force powers . You can go abit crazy cos we are hopin to have 1 BIG force power for each unit aswell as a more 'normal' force power.

At the moment we have 1 force power which Vyse made that is a very strong Lightning power ... it basically throws you very far in the air and electricutes you.

ANYONE is welcome to submit ANY force power and we will choose our favourites. ( theres the need for about 15 + powers )
Whether you choose to make 1 or 8 it doesnt matter.

GO CRAZY :D

Each person will be credited for their Force Power.

EDIT: We hope to have the map out in a couple of days , so the need for powers is quite urgent.
Last edited by Lord-Bandu on Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flippy11

RE: Requesting: Force Powers

Post by flippy11 »

i got a death field. it's set up for the imps. basicly it kills everyone within a radius but you can only use it once until your stamina regenerates.

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=8724401
Last edited by flippy11 on Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

yep. cant blame me cuz i'm lazzzzyyy =P

i'll see what i can have up =P
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Well, for now, I have my Force Wave power:

http://files.filefront.com/com_weap_inf ... einfo.html

And then there's a Force Crush, which never really turned out completely how I wanted it, but good enough nonetheless:

http://files.filefront.com/com_weap_inf ... einfo.html

But I'm pretty good at making Force Powers and such, so I could probably whip up some more. Though, at this point, I have almost no ideas for any new ones. If I think of something good I'll try it out though. You might want to ask yoda for his Force Heal power too; that'd be pretty cool.
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

What if you make a power that shoots the things Magna guards weapons shoot? Maybe make the balls blueish instead of redish and it culd be pretty cool..
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Heres a site that might give you ideas http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskoto ... powers.php

Stuff like a Force Flame ,Force disintergrate Force heal (self) would be cool aswell.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Lord-Bandu wrote:Thanks :)

Heres a site that might give you ideas http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskoto ... powers.php

Stuff like a Force Flame ,Force disintergrate Force heal (self) would be cool aswell.
that's not THAT crazy. (cept flame one)
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

I dont mean stupid crazy ( like force flying cow or somethin) . I mean strong / big / fancy lookin .
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

OHHH :lol:

Force heal, you can just use the assets from the aliiance Bothan.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Im too busy to even touch force powers so I need other people to make the files
Vyse
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Vyse »

Great Idea Bandu!

Hope some people come up with powers! :D
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Since were hopin that the released version will be the FINAL version ,there wont be any more chances for people to add their own force powers to the map .

Id guess that the estimated map release be in 2 days .

In other words .... hurry with your force powers :)
Vyse
General
General

Post by Vyse »

Also, the Powers should actually have a EFFECT with them instead of just having damage dealt..... That way you can see whats going on! Although that might be asking to much.. I don't know.
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

force heal and a force protect can be easily achieved. simply copy the two odf's buff_heal and buff_invicibility into the odf and its a quick edit. Took me 20 seconds to do with plo koon.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Well, I wont be making any powers, becuz so far, I'm making no progress.

Force Heal, Force Rage, and Force shield. ALl three of them didnt do what I wanted them to do.

At first, I thought "powers" or stat buffs affect the player using them as well, well, guess what? They dont. The user only has the effect-.fx on them, but has no actual buffs/debuffs. (Meaning they only look like they have the buffs/debuffs, but actually nothing is happening)

I tried this with a diffrent command line, which works on the user him/herself ONLY if the buff affected other bots/enemies. This wasnt what I intended to do, all I wanted was a working system that would only the player him/herself.

The question I'm bringing up is, is it possible to only have a buff on yourself without affecting other bots?
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

i dont really have a clue ..... its a pity cos were desperate for some more force powers.
EmperorDonkey

Post by EmperorDonkey »

I'de like to see a force throw. Like of an object, and it would damage somehow. But i dont beleive its possible because firstly it would have to be like a vehicle to move and secondly i dont know how you would ever be able to do so.
Vyse
General
General

Post by Vyse »

If anyone can just do some variations. Like RED or GREEN force lighiting and mess with the cone width.

That may not be possible though.. I tried editing the effect color.. nothing happened. :cry:
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

A 1 strand force lightnig turned orange would make a good force drain . Could maybe incoporate the choke animation aswell or use that 'stun' effect that occurs when youv be force pushed.

That 'stun' thing could be incorporated into an actual force stun or stasis.

Doesnt look like theres many people here that are 'strong in the force' - powers :(
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

i'll see if i can come up with anything tomorrow...