Citadel Beta 0.95 April 17th 2006 Update

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

If I can get Asajj, should I go Asajj / Anakin? Asajj is the hero they used for the Xbox expansion.

Currently I have pilot Luke and Vader (as it's similar to Hoth, but this can be changed)

Will add all game modes for final release as well, guys, but I'm getting some tweaking done to hopefully make this map look as close to a shipped map as possible.
SWShellhound

Post by SWShellhound »

I'd want asajj but not against ani, he is getting so over played in these mods, maybe ki-an-mundai he deserves another map

I think maybe it could be boba or vader and luke or han
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

Asajj/Ki-Adi-Mundi is a good suggestion. Asajj/Yoda would also be nice.
But Pinx, if you can't get Asajj how about Count Dooku/Yoda?
GCW: How about Emperor Palpatine/Luke Skywalker (black clothes)?
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Would you have read this Wikipedia article, SWShell' ? :wink:
Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

I would really like to see a great deal of nostalgia in this map.

I was just thinking of how to really trick out Heros Assault. And I think having an Episode I feel to it would really be nice. The first Battlefront focused on Episode 2... this one focuses mostly on Episode 3. While the Cinadel had nothing to do with Episode I... it really is one of the better maps in my opinion.

Now... here is what I propose... I think adding a Episode one version of Obi Wan would be a real cool start. Then I think it would be awesome if Qui Gon could be added. Imagine... Qui Gon and Obi fighing Darth Maul up on the narrow walk way/bridge. I thought it would be cool at least, even if it is a real short fight.
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

Y2 - good suggestions, although I don't know whether we'll see a Qui Gon model released anytime soon. If we do, I'm all for it, but I'm trying to get this out in time for certain competitions. coughCONQUESTWEEKcough, so I'll at least have a v1.0 by the 24th...this is my goal, at least.

Like you said, it's one of the best Battlefront maps IMO as well, so I want to do it right. I'm always open to releasing a Citadel 2.0 with new models and such, when they come out, so, we'll see what happens.

Okay then - Asajj / Ki Adi or Asajj / Yoda ? or even Asajj / Obi Wan (since they had their share of battles)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

I vote for Ki Adi
Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

Yeah, everything I suggested can really be done at a later time. I just saw talks about a Qui Gon model possibly in the works. ANd if/when he comes out... I really think he should be added to this map.

Personally... I would like to see Asajj Vs. Yoda. Asajj Vs. Obi would be my second choice (yeah... I'm not too much of a Ki Adi fan, lol).
Narlie-Charlie

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

Im beggining to think Ki Adi is going to be typecast to snow planets alot.
SWShellhound

Post by SWShellhound »

Leviathan wrote:Off-topic : Would you have read this Wikipedia article, SWShell' ? :wink:
Thank you for the article, i seee now why obi wan and anikan would fight her, but anikan has been put in too many mod maps as the hero fro republic, so i would have obi wan, but he too is overplayed.

that is why i still want asajj vs kian mundai or yoda
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

Thanks guys, this is great input. Now I can't please everyone, but I do agree that Ki isn't played a whole lot. Plus, based on the fact that Asajj is using the other girl's skin, this would probably be a decent matchup. Yoda will probably own Asajj pretty quickly....depending on the player, that is.

Update: Working on Layers now, all the tweaks are done, thanks to Rends, who helped me with Lighting, Fire animations and other various little tweaks...

If you want to give me input for CTF, 1Flag, Hero Assault, XL, now would be a great time!!
JadenKorr86

Update this fantastic map!!!!!!!

Post by JadenKorr86 »

Where is the new version or update for this map?

Sorry for my english.
sh4d0wl0rd

RE: Update this fantastic map!!!!!!!

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

There hasn't been a new version yet. Such questions can be answered by simply reading the postings in this topic...
Epena
Old School Staff
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

RE: Update this fantastic map!!!!!!!

Post by Epena »

I say release a 0.75 beta when you get asajj and Mundi in. :P
JadenKorr86

Post by JadenKorr86 »

please you can put the link?
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

Jaden, go to the first page of this topic. There you can d/l the current version of the map. Once more: First read - then post!
JadenKorr86

Post by JadenKorr86 »

I read the post but i don't understan very well, any person can put the new update for this map, in my version i don't have assaj and ki adi mundi in conquest.

Thx
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

That's because there is no version with Asajj Ventress.
JadenKorr86

Post by JadenKorr86 »

Is a romur?
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

Asajj was never in any version of this map! It's just planned until now!

and once more: If you want to download a map you should have a look on the first page of the topic! In 90% of all cases you can find the download link for the current version there!