Hoth: Valley FINAL RELEASED 4/5/06 <----- Not final anymo

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

mnl1121

Hoth: Valley FINAL RELEASED 4/5/06 <----- Not final anymo

Post by mnl1121 »

Hay everyone. Im finally releasing the FINAL of Hoth: Valley!

Changes: I got some vehicle sounds to work (to bad they aren't the major ones so u probably won't even notice)
Added more AI units.

screenshots below.

Download FINAL ver. HERE:
http://files.filefront.com/HOVFINAL1zip ... einfo.html

ALL feedback is GREATLY appreciated!
Have Fun!
Last edited by mnl1121 on Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

RE: Hoth: Valley (ver. .85)

Post by BF2-Master »

D-ling now!
Darkwedge

Post by Darkwedge »

Great I'll try it out, I'll be sure to give as much feedback I can get.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DeathRow »

Looks Great Dling now... :yod:
Darkwedge

Post by Darkwedge »

The AT-ST is odd in combat.. did you change its firing guns? Also the map doesnt really match the name in a way its a boxed in combat area (I know if you cant help it). Also why not give the rebels speeders then those hover speeders, snowspeeders for hoth is more fitting.
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

snow speeders. OH yeah i forgot about those. next version will have those. and no i didn't change the firing guns they are the same but with no sound.

iv noticed that they are a little odd too (so that wasn't just me)
i thought about that too. its more like in a crater than a valley. maybe ill change that too, to more of a valley than a crater. lol

what does everyone think?
Narlie-Charlie

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

Why dont you keep it this shape, rename it Hoth Crater, and say its the crater from the meteor Luke saw at the begining of Empire Strikes Back?
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

That was a probe droid, and it wouldnt create a crater that big.
Narlie-Charlie

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

No, Luke really did see a meteor. The probe came later.
EmperorDonkey

Post by EmperorDonkey »

Looks awsome, DLing.

And that was the probe droid that hit. Considering they are on a planet that gets hit by meteors like every minute why would he check it out unless it didnt look right?

He thought it looked suspicious so he went for a look.(I just watched it yesturday)
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

it was the casing for the probe droid, when it hit the ground, it broke and the probe was released.

...and d/ling now...
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

yeah i gotta change the shape.
When i think of it though snow speeders are pretty useless. snow speeders are for taking down the atats so why put them in the map that just have atsts.

What does everyone think? should i put snow speeders in or just i keep the combat speeders? (ill change it if you guys want me too)
Darkwedge

Post by Darkwedge »

You could always retexture the comabt speeders to be white to match the map?
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

actually i was thinking of that but how do i do that? im not good with moddifications. plus i don't want to make it permenant or have to switch back whenever i want the regular combat speeder. hmm maybe someone else can do it. then i can have two seperate ones and add the new one to my map.

is anyone willing to do it for me?
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

UPDATE: I will change the shape of the map.

im not going to change the combat speeders to snow speeders b/c then they will be just useless. If anyone wants to restexture the combat speeders to a white and grayish look to match the map go ahead BUT PM me first.

ill see if i can get the atsts to not act odd (have NO clue whats wrong, if there is anything wrong to begin with)

sounds won't be put in unless someone does them for me or if Rends or someone that knows how makes a really clear guide (like a adding sounds for dummies) b/c that BF1 guide to adding sounds is WAY to confusing (especially since its for BF1)

working on some AI getting stuck issues. (probably just have to change the location of the hintnodes).

Ver. .90 COMING SOON.

anymore feedback and/or suggestions, comments, ect are GREATLY appreciated.
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

ver .90 is coming 2morrow. sorry everyone but filefront is taking a long time to upload even with my map (i compressed it the highest i could so it would be VERY small)

so my 4.2 MB map is taking a little too long right now. 2morrow should be much faster. (its going at only 30 Kbps when it should be going over 100)

FIXES: Wampas shouldn't get stuck anymore on that one tunnel exit.
The map shape NOW fits the name. No longer is it a crater. Its now a valley.

I don't think sounds will ever be put in. BF1 tut to adding sounds is just WAY too confusing.
Reskining combat speeders isn't easy for me (nor do i know how to do it) and really they are fine the way they are.

Map MAY be staying at ver .90 UNLESS i find more bugs OR sounds can be added.
SWShellhound

Post by SWShellhound »

this was an awsome map i played no tking just to beat
up on the wampas with mines, so much fun
Epena
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Epena »

I'll wait for the next version to download.

Question, though-- have you added barriers? That'll help alot when it comes to groups of AI in small places, or even generally stuck. Barriers are just as important as hintnodes. ;)

As for the combat speeder, I say add it white. No, it won't permenantly overwirte your speeder. You just take the .tgas and turn the colors grayish white. Then just replace the old one(s) and there you go. It's only white for your map. Will look more professional, too.
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

oh ok i gotta do that then. Sorry guys i gotta delay it now. lol

tonight it SHOULD be released but im not too sure.
i can't put any barriers in b/c ALL the objects i have need for the AI to go in them. i.e. trenches and bunkers. Plus as far as i can tell i fixed the AI getting stuck issues. i just needed to move the hintnodes to the right place.

EDIT: Uh how do i edit .msh files? What do i need. i got GIMP but i can't open them. Do i edit the .tga files?
Last edited by mnl1121 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by plokoon761 »

thanx, i really like this map!