WIP: R41 Starchaser

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Inyri

WIP: R41 Starchaser

Post by Inyri »

I thought maybe having a bunch of pirate/smuggler ships might make for a cool map with some alternate sides. Of course I think I'll stick to making one fighter first since I've never done it for SWBF2 before, but I've got minilogoguy to teach me if (and when) I get confused ;)

Anwyay, basic model is just about done. Still need to UV map it and skin it, then figure out how to get it in-game. I'll have to do some research in the mean time to see what I can learn on my own from the informative material you all post ;)

I'm up for suggestions. I don't quite know what BF2 is capable of handling so I'm not sure how much detail to actually put in. Although as it's a low-end pirate-type fighter, there's not a whole lot of detail to add anyway.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: WIP: R41 Starchaser

Post by Teancum »

We've actually got the R-41 released in the BF1 downloads section. I just haven't had time to finish the BF2 odf. But hey, if you're working on a new one, more power to ya!

BTW -- welcome to Gametoast.
Inyri

Post by Inyri »

Something already released never stopped me from making my own. I prefer the art of it rather than the use ;)

Texturing is going somewhat slow, but it's getting there. It's a bit too brown at the moment... hadn't quite noticed until right now :lol:

Edit: Ahh, I see you just ripped the R-41 from XWAUpgrade. It's a good model, but far too different from the original for my tastes. Besides, I prefer making original work.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

That's awesome. You'll go far here Inyri!
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Wow, what a surprise! Looks great! :D
chooie

Post by chooie »

Inyri has always benn an excellent modder :) Good Job on it, it looks just like the R41 from XWA (only better).
Inyri

Post by Inyri »

Skins almost done, just gotta make sure the engines are the way I want them and I need to do the guns and vents and stuff.
Krun

Post by Krun »

Inyri,
When your done with the R-41 which looks awesome by the way :) I think they were wanting models for some ongoing game mods if your interested.
Inyri

Post by Inyri »

I'd need "they" expanded on to be able to do anything about that ;)
Inyri

Post by Inyri »

An NJO mod? I wouldn't touch it. Sorry. NJO is on my "things I hate" list.
Trans

Post by Trans »

Why is it on your "things I hate" list?
Inyri

Post by Inyri »

Because it sucks?
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Lol. Lots of people just don't like the Vong, Trans. I love the story though.
Inyri

Post by Inyri »

See, I just hate it all. The Vong wouldn't have been so bad if the story didn't suck a-... er, suck very badly.

Anyway, that's a bit off topic. As I don't have foundations I'm having minilogoguy export for me (turns out I kind of goofed a bit on some of the animation, but hey, I'm an animation newbie). Then he's going to teach me how to get it in a test map, because I have him wrapped around my little finger. He just told me that mapping is mostly made of models... I almost wet myself XD.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

nice model! :D
Krun

Post by Krun »

Inyri wrote:An NJO mod? I wouldn't touch it. Sorry. NJO is on my "things I hate" list.
Umm ok I wasn't suggesting joining a mod team :?
Inyri

Post by Inyri »

No, you were suggesting I give them models. I might as well join their team.

Anyway, I think we've gone enough off-topic for one thread, don't you? I'm going to start forgetting what I posted soon.
flippy11

Post by flippy11 »

do you need an animation for a thing to take off straight up or is that only if it moves. like doing a 90 degree turn such as the b-wing?