Kashyyyk Islands .9

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

ekmek

Post by ekmek »

nice stuff.
just a random thought any chance for a Bossk bouty hunter as an empire hero? I know it would take some skinning

Post by Guest »

Good convertion! And wookiee jedi (maybe and sith:)) is nice (i mean, hin Darth Vader`s combat style)
Narlie-Charlie

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

I preffered the Darth Vader animations for the wookie (besides run). I think they fit it well. If you could give him all Darths animations besides run and jump, it would fit really well.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by squipple »

Lookin bettter Artemis, the ground looks good.

- Is the Magna Guard jedi on the wrong side? He came up as the republic's jedi. His shield also doesn't drain his stamina meter. Makes him pretty tough to beat.
- There's a wierd shadow thing going on. I can see unit's shadows through the buildings.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Fixed the magna issue. Please further define the shadow issue or send a screen shot.

Thanks
Aksel3

Post by Aksel3 »

Great work TAWArtemis! Sounds like a really awesome map! However, I can't play it, due to the not working download link. It keep saying: "This file is currently unavailable while we perform server maintenance." when I try to download it from Filefront, please help! What to do?
Ven_Naul

Post by Ven_Naul »

Great map, it replicates the original perfectly.
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

Aksel3 wrote:Great work TAWArtemis! Sounds like a really awesome map! However, I can't play it, due to the not working download link. It keep saying: "This file is currently unavailable while we perform server maintenance." when I try to download it from Filefront, please help! What to do?
u can't do anything. filefront is under maintaincance. u just have to wait, like me.
Aksel3

Post by Aksel3 »

And you have any idea about how long that will take? Been waiting for 3 days now... :/
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

good news. I finished theed in the amount of time it took filefront to due repairs.

If it is not back up soon I may just have to do another map.
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by plokoon761 »

theed? the day level from bf1? sorry icant remember.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : I have to say that your above post is rather "paradoxical" and completely "irrelevant", plokoon'...
Above all, I seriously advise you to watch at the content of your further messages, unless you perfer being forced to proceed so...
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

I mentioned theed and he asked a question. I don't see the problem....

Anyway, yes it is Theed from swbf1 and it is now in the release section under a new thread.

Island new release will be out in a day or so...
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

leviathan i also have to agree with artemis. i don't see anythign wrong with plokoon.

back on topic. i can't wait for island to be released.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : I would have thought that knowing the "Naboo : Theed" level shipping with Star Wars Battlefront was a "day" one while telling TAWArtemis "I can't remember" is rather surprising... :roll:
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Narlie-Charlie wrote:I preffered the Darth Vader animations for the wookie (besides run). I think they fit it well. If you could give him all Darths animations besides run and jump, it would fit really well.
I like this idea.

Testing now....
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Took me a while to get back to you on this wierd shadow thing, sorry. Been busy constructing my map. :)

Here's a good example of what I'm seeing. You can clearly see the ammo bin and some of the enemies through the buildings. It seems to be only if you're facing this direction though.

Here's another where you can see the top part of a guy and the bottom part is silhouetted. You can also see the ammo and health droid in that hut. It doesn't seem to be an actual 'shadow', but more of a silhouetted image of what's on the other side. It's like having x-ray vision! 8)
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Interesting. I wonder if this is the "static" setting for shadows? I do have the "sun" very low so the shadows are almost at a 90 degree angle to the ground. If I take it up the shadows will not be as long and we should not see this.

New version soon. I added hunt and put the wookie back to the oringal moves with a new run as requested.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

That's a pretty common error for any Pandemic games. Play Clone Wars -- the first time you play as Mace Windu on Geonosis you can see shadow errors while walking.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

I fixed it.