Yavin 4: Arena version 1.0 (no more beta) --March 27, 2006

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Post by Guest »

Teancum
yea, i mean AI. :) thanx
Principe_Azul

Post by Principe_Azul »

I must admit, that YES! I am a Quinlan Vos addict and not meaning to offend or anything, and in all fairness I am at least glad you have made an attempt on the dude but in my opinion he is not as kool as he should have appeared, what I mean to say is that his hair (should have a sleak of brown and be much longer) and face and hands in this case (should be a slight more tanned, red indian style) but his face looks pretty messed up anyway, that is to say the facial structure.

I have not actually downloaded and played the map, so I can not give a proper analysis but judging by the screenshots, the work is extremely impressive and if none of the above can be improved or your just darn out lazy to try it then yeah chill out man.
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

what I mean to say is that his hair (should have a sleak of brown and be much longer)
Like Teancum said before, this is YOUNG Quinlan Vos, that's the reason why is hair isn't that long. You can see Quinlan at this age in the Dark Horse comic 'Rite Of Passage'.
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

Teancum wrote: 'YES! More specifically, young Quinlan Vos. Since we don't have a proper model, this represents Vos about a year after being knighted.' in the Yavin IV arena : B.975 thread. So it isn't exactly as I posted above, sorry for that. It's Quinlan a year after being knighted so you cannot see him in the comic I mentioned.
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

Teancum, I just played this map online with a friend and everytime it's qued up, it crashes to desktop when it's loading. If I host a game and I start with Yavin IV : ARena everything goes fine. But if I start with another map and Yavin is qued up than it crashes when loading Yavin. Strange. In game everything goes fine. We were just two players and no mods.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by squipple »

I did more testing in multiplayer on this map, and it crashes in non-dedicated, dedicated, and dedicated using the server software. It worked once in dedicated on CW conquest.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

I've had to make a decision:

I don't have near the time I need at my home computer to work on these maps. I work two jobs, go to college part time, have church responsiblities, and have a wife. That leaves very little leisure time.

So, I'm going to start cutting content. Each of my maps will have the Recon and Commander units, but if any mode doesn't work (namely the CTF ones) I'm going to pull it. I just don't have time to fix every little bug or things I screw up trying to fix something else. I need to finish these five maps (Bespin: Platforms, Bespin: Cloud City, Kamino: Tipoca City, Tatooine: Dune Sea & Yavin 4: Arena) so that they make it in time for the TAW/GT BF1 Map Pack.

As far as content being cut for this map, here's the list:
-Possibly MP support (I'll do what I can, but if I can't recreate the crash on my computer then I'm stuck)
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

Squipple, did it crash when it was loading or in-game? Because when I play it it only crashes while loading when it is qued up, if you put it first and play it then it never crashes on my comp. I was hosting and playing so no dedicated server, conquest, 4 players, 16 units/ team, 300 reinforcements.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

@Teancum - Is it imperitive that the maps are deemed final with no further changes for the mappack? I mean, you can always continue to work out kinks after the mappack is released, right? Or, maybe someone else can inherit some of them to take some load off.

@Rpe7 - yes, right after the load screen. And I also have the same experience with it being the first map on the list. When I think about it, it just happens that conquest is always first on the list. Maybe that's why that mode always works. I'll try further testing with another mode being first on the list and conquest being 2nd or later.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

@ Squipple -- Well, when we release the pack we don't want to put future versions of the maps out (unless it's an update for the pack) simply because multiple versions == maps not working online. BUT, if push comes to shove, I can push the release date back. I *think* it may have to do with not having a mapinfo.txt (which states the specifics per map/gametype). I'll run a search and get back to you.

Also, while you're at it, please test all of the other BF1 conversions so we know where we're at as far as MP goes.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

No prob, I'll add my results to the multiplayer poll thread in the modding forum since I've already started a log there.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

@ Squipple again -- Copy/Paste the following into a text file, then save as mapinfo.txt in the Star Wars Battlefront II/Gamedata/Addon/YV2 folder and let me know the results/

CW,Yavin 4: Arena Conquest CW,YV2c_con,CIS,republic,200,200
GCW,Yavin 4: Arena Conquest GCW,YV2g_con,alliance,imperial,200,200
CW,Yavin 4: Arena 1-Flag CTF CW,YV2c_1flag,CIS,republic,200,200
GCW,Yavin 4: Arena 1-Flag CTF GCW,YV2g_1flag,alliance,imperial,200,200
CW,Yavin 4: Arena CTF CW,YV2c_ctf,CIS,republic,200,200
GCW,Yavin 4: Arena CTF GCW,YV2g_ctf,alliance,imperial,200,200
CW,Yavin 4: Arena Hero Assault CW,YV2c_eli,CIS,republic,200,200
GCW,Yavin 4: Arena Hero Assault GCW,YV2g_eli,alliance,imperial,200,200
CW,Yavin 4: Arena XL CW,YV2c_xl,CIS,republic,450,450
GCW,Yavin 4: Arena XL GCW,YV2g_xl,alliance,imperial,450,450

According to SteveK14, this should work with DSManager.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Not only did it work for DSManager, it works for the in-game dedicated server AND the non-dedicated server. Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I tested it on the other machines here, and had friends as well as random players joining as well. I tested all modes/eras and also tested a different arrangement of modes and everything worked great. Sweet find!

I know we can make our own mapinfos, but maybe it's up to the modder to start including this file with their map so it works right off the bat for multiplayer.

Thanks Teancum.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

Yeah, it didnt crash at all (I joined squipples game)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Awww yeah!
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Ok, after even MORE testing, Yavin 4 seems to work fine on a dedicated server if it's the only map in rotation. This includes all modes. I had a test server up and running with just this map for a couple hours today. If there are other maps in the rotation, it will crash the clients most of the time, but not the server. The clients can re-join and play, it's just that initial load that boots everyone.
Teancum, try setting up a test server again and alternate maps between this one and some other maps and see if you get the same result. If you can replicate it it'll be easier to troubleshoot on your end.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I'll play with it, but it's not going to be something I look deep into. I've spent two months straight with at least an hour each day on these five maps, and I'm very burnt out.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

I hear ya. I've been working on my own map and it's taken up a lot of my free time. I can't imagine working on five. :shock:
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say your work is much appreciated.
Aren't hobbies fun? :wink:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Thanks to Rends' sounds tutorial the Spider Walker and ATST will be back in-game for the final version, like they were in BF1.
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

Teancum, would you like me to send you my Qui-Gon Jinn? He needs work, but he's pretty much done.
I'll send him upon your request...