Tunnels 1.1

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Emraz

Tunnels 1.1

Post by Emraz »

Tunnels 1.1

Small underground tunnel map reminiscent of the old swbf1 Hoth tunnel fight.

CW+GCW (conquest)

Tested and found stable on PC single player, PC multiplayer and Dedicated Server.

Screen :

Link :

http://files.filefront.com/Tunnel_Mapzi ... einfo.html
jameswalwyn

Post by jameswalwyn »

For such a small and simlple map this is very fun. I loved advancing through the tunnels one foot at a time, placing mines behind me to stop the droids from progressing through, take the commando and mini-gun through hoards of droids, then i got anakin and just wiped them all out
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by squipple »

I agree, very fun map. I like the close quarters where you gotta duck behind stuff and dodge grenades. Nicely placed boxes make sneaking around a blast.

- One of the square tunnels has an invisible barrier that you run into right in the center of the tunnel. The tunnel has one big black box in it.
- There was also a small ledge in one of the areas where there's a command center that is tough to run around. You get caught on the ledge when you think you can just run over it. Not a biggy, but it prevents you from dodging, and you get shot.

Need a minimap for this one Emraz? If so, PM me.

EDIT: this would be fun with CTF. You planning on adding that?
Angarah

Post by Angarah »

I am in love. Not just with this map, but with you, for adding Darth Maul. Max Ai per a side, one saber throw bringing in hundreds of kills...thank you! THANK YOU!

Its just great fun :D
Wraith5

Post by Wraith5 »

Looks and sounds great!
Downloading now...
Emraz

Post by Emraz »

Thanks for the responses. Im leaving the works of art to the likes of Delinquent and Rends as theyve got the skill, time and patience to pull off masterpieces.

Mine are usually small, intense and most of all fun.

Will look at that box thing, I think some boxes have a sort of area around them for some reason will move that box after i look at it.

I also noticed that ledge but its part of the room odf will sort it someway.

BTW if u liked this map theres a smaller and purely for fun Vader Clones V Rocket Dudes thats surprisingly fun and a bit adictive (well was for me anyway).

TY Squipple I will def. take up offer of mini map as they are the bane of my life. Will PM u asap.

BTW thnx also to your offer to Delinquent, he and I are in the same clan and Im agreed he does need a mini map for his chocolate factory.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by squipple »

The issue isn't the box itself, that was just for reference since I didn't know how else to tell you where this invisible thing was. The barrier I'm talking about is just in the middle of the hall. It's invisible with nothing around it. Llike running into an invisible pole. It's not very wide. I noticed it becasue I was running forward and for some reason I got bumped over a bit. At first I thought it was a bothan, so I shot at it. :) Turns out it's always there and indestructible.

EDIT: Here's a screen of exactly where it is. In the picture Boba is standing right in front of it. Run through the map once, you'll find it. :wink:
Emraz

Post by Emraz »

Thanks Squipple for the info. It just goes to show really. Ive had 6 guys fighting in this map on line on a dedicated I think the max was 8 and no one noticed. Will look at it but without looking Im clueless as to what it could be as I havent set any blocks in place for human players on this map as there was no need. Will search thru the object list extensively and find the nasty gremlin. Maybe i accidentaly 'hid' an item.

Thanks again Squipple good find.
moberemk

Post by moberemk »

Just an idea: make the mission LUA spawn less soldiers of anything other then the basic soldier. What's the point of a rocket launcher in tunnels? Why would they bring rocket launchers along? Also, if you could build in more of a base (à la that space mining colony) that would be great. Give them something to fight over, instead of basically one tunnel.
jameswalwyn

Post by jameswalwyn »

The base idea is good but keep the rocketeers cos its so much fun. This map isnt about point its about fun and there nothing more fun than firing a rocket all the way down a tunnel to greet a squad of clone troopers. Plus you can use the mines to block off tunnels.

Heres an idea, keep the exact structure and layout of th map but re-releae it with a cloud city paint job, so make it so it takes place in the clean white corridors of cloud city. U cud put a few windows in so u can look out at the orange sky, have an air battle going on too. The base could be a power gen room, or control room, or the women's changing room, wahay

Post by Guest »

:devil: Can not dowload!
Emraz

Post by Emraz »

The link still works, just try again, sometimes filefront can be a little funny.
BART

Post by BART »

This map is fun emraz, may many cool maps follow 8)
Ippado

Post by Ippado »

This is a really cool map. I was going to make a map with a similar idea earlier, but in the next version could there be more cover between CP2 and CP3. The area is a bit plain until you get past CP3.

PS: Can there be no areas that have the wierd bright white texture and more of the gray. It just looks more like the Hoth tunnels.
future

Post by future »

Rock'n'roll map :D The robotic minions fall under the smoking barrels of my Clone Commander! What else could you wish for!