Hoth: Valley FINAL RELEASED 4/5/06 <----- Not final anymo

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

well u will probably like it even better now with the small changes (except for the HUGE map shape change which is SO much better BTW)
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

Epena wrote:I'll wait for the next version to download.

Question, though-- have you added barriers? That'll help alot when it comes to groups of AI in small places, or even generally stuck. Barriers are just as important as hintnodes. ;)

As for the combat speeder, I say add it white. No, it won't permenantly overwirte your speeder. You just take the .tgas and turn the colors grayish white. Then just replace the old one(s) and there you go. It's only white for your map. Will look more professional, too.

oh yeah u told me that the i have to edit the .tgas. lol
theres still a problem though. the tga for the combat speeder isn't solid like the rest of them. its partly transparent.

well ill fool around with it.

EDIT: Sorry guys but i don't know which .tga i need to edit for the combat speeder. If someone tells me which it is then ill do it, but for now im putting that on hold. Just to tell everyone i tried editting all_hover_combatspeeder.tga and after that didn't do it i tried editting all_hover_tank. Both NO go.

Which .tga is it? OR like iv been saying, anyone thats willing to edit the .tga themselves and sending it to me, will also be great! (ill give credit to WHOEVER does it if they want me too)
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

Ver. .90a has been released. Look at first post.

Sorry to everyone that wanted the reskined combat speeders. I MAY not be able to reskin them. If i can it MIGHT take a while. I have been working on this map for a VERY long time and am now taking a break from modding. (as it is im only 16 and still go out during the day and work on this when i can)

Thx to EVERYONE that helped and thx to everyone that likes my map.
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by plokoon761 »

wat heroes are there?
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

what heroes are there. does it really matter. i mean just play it. well whatever

they are pilot luke and darth vader.
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by plokoon761 »

thanx, i was just wondering lol(lighning screwed up my laptop for a while so i couldnt play)
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

oh ok
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

Good news everyone. After some learning and some research iv decided to reskin the combat speeders (and this time my desicion is FINAL)

Also i am working with Rends to get the sounds working. I also have to work out some bugs. Expect the next release in the next week or so.

i might release another beta that fixes the sounds or some bugs between the Final, so the next release may not be a week. Stay tuned.
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

Final ver. is out. Look at first post.
Aksel3

Post by Aksel3 »

4 post in a row! Woah! That have to be a new record! :P Sorry, just kidding - awesome map. How's the skinning of the speeders going?
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

lol sorry for all the posts. there have been so many problems with reskinning the combat speeders so i doubt it will actually happen. i don't even know where to start b/c of so many problems. first my map started crashing, then everything disappeared, then the file was so huge i had to trim the sides folder, then this, then that, ect. lol so like i said i doubt i will be able to do it. is using GIMP the problem b/c iv heard that GIMP doesn't save the .tga files right or something.
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

UPDATE: The version that i have now will NOT be final even though i thought it would be. With Rends new sounds tut i have successfully added working sounds for the vehicles, BUT NOT the turrets.

Also i will be improving the AI with better pathing.
Hopefully no more stupid ATST's and Wampas trying to jump out of the trenches and failing.

When i do all these i will release the final FINAL. lol
-Iceman-

Post by -Iceman- »

so this isn't the final??
look out for it! :D