Snowy Valley Battle (Beta v. 0.91)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Jango_Fett_A
Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Re: Snowy Valley Battle (Beta v. 0.9)

Post by Jango_Fett_A »

I just played the map, it's awesome! I played on both sides and won (though it was very close.) I don't exactly think an episode II clone belongs with the jedi. Maybe you should change it into another jedi or something. Great work though!

~Jango
SWShellhound

Re: RE: Re: Snowy Valley Battle (Beta v. 0.9)

Post by SWShellhound »

DakkerDB wrote:I am going to upload the next version at Filefront as soon as I get the AT-TE to spawn after a certain ammount of time. It isn't easy.
Thank you!
DakkerDB

Re: RE: Re: Snowy Valley Battle (Beta v. 0.9)

Post by DakkerDB »

Super_Shadowman wrote:Nah, they are commando units that remained faithful to the Jedi even after order 66 was issiued... The commando units had lots of different attachements to their weapons, such as a normal rifle, a sniper rifle and a rocketlike weapon.
That's pretty much it.

Originally, I was planning to have Delta Squad in, but I thought I won't be messing with them too much. Already have them in a Role Play thing which is based on this map's basic idea. I didn't think I would need to include them.

Although I WILL be using one member of Delta Squad in the map, as a tribute to the thing which gave me the original idea of the map. Which one I will have in the map, you will see when I get to getting him in. ^_^
DakkerDB

RE: Re: RE: Re: Snowy Valley Battle (Beta v. 0.9)

Post by DakkerDB »

Version 0.91 has been released. Linked at first page. Uploaded at Filefront. Enjoy the map!
odi-wan

Post by odi-wan »

:o one of the best maps i ever played!!!!!!! i just would raise the reinforcement because the game ends too fast :lol: :lol: :lol:
DakkerDB

Post by DakkerDB »

Thanks for the praise.

And welcome to Gametoast! (Always wanted to say that. ^.^)
manco

Post by manco »

if you are going to add a member of delta squad make it anyone but sev (i wont spoil it for people who havent completed it) because we all know what happend to him well sort of
DakkerDB

Post by DakkerDB »

Super Shadowman, read the first page again please.

But since you are a "famous" person around here, and since you are a great fan of my map... I will just tell you.

First of all, I changed the imperial hero to be Vader. Since it makes more sence. He is still a placeholder, though.
Second, the AT-TE appears (functionally, anyway) 3 minutes after the start of the battle.
Third, the CPs don't float.
Fourth, some minor object placement changes.

And to people following my useless posts, waiting for some sort of info:
The next version will feature a small layout change and the introduction of some ruins. And maybe some other junk.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Can you please post another link? Filefront is being incredibly slow. :roll:
Narlie-Charlie

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

You know who would be a great hero here, Palpatine.
DakkerDB

Post by DakkerDB »

I think Palpatine would be too lazy to lift himself from his new throne in Coruscant to deal with some rogue jedi. And I already planned almost everything out. The hero is chosen, I just need to get him to exist somehow... XD

And the alternate link is on the first page. It is a Savefile link. If you don't like Filefront AND Savefile, then I guess you're out of luck. I don't know any other good hosting place.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Thanks for the link! I'm looking forward to playing it! :wink:
Ippado

Post by Ippado »

This map is so entertaining; I love it. The only suggestions are that the map layout is too simple. Put in some ruins like you were saying before and also some hills and valleys around to make it seem more diverse. Also can the republic base be destructable.

PS: When or if you put ruins or other stuff in, be sure not to take away the free running and slashing that makes this so good.
Chii

Post by Chii »

fun map
valiant
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by valiant »

still not working. Still crashes whenever I pick a side.
ARC_Trooper

Post by ARC_Trooper »

good job; enjoyable map